It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAFO, What Mainstream Media Doesn't Want You to See

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People wonder why there are so many stories of "mass shootings" on the news and you never hear about the person(s) who stopped them.

This is a prime example of what the media does not want you to see:

www.foxnews.com...

Why is this being covered up?

Perhaps because it does not fit the media narrative of "civilians with guns are bad".

Just goes to prove the point of "1 well trained/armed civilian vs an armed and not trained "mass shooter"" almost always ends poorly for the alleged "mass shooter".

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96
I was impressed by the writer's weapons knowledge.
The bad guy had an "AR-style" gun, the good guy had a "Smith and Wesson 9MM Handgun"
What?! No serial numbers?!?!
It's all bovine excrement from my observation.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ToddB

Care to explain "your observations"?

Is someone just upset because there isn't one more bad story to get people to hate the "assault weapons"?
edit on 4-7-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

That's an interesting story at that "fox" link.

I've never given this any thought...I guess because I rarely hear reports of armed citizens stopping the bad guys from committing horrific crimes.

Makes me wonder.
I guess maybe it isn't covered because it doesnt fit the MSM narrative? Or do the policing agencies intentionally play it down?

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Our country is bizarre.

FBI Undercounts Number of Times Armed Citizens have Thwarted Active Shooting Incidents

Data released by the nonprofit shows that 34.4% of active shootings were thwarted by armed citizens between 2014 and 2021. However, FBI data show only 4.4% of active shootings were thwarted by armed citizens during that time period.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToddB

I was impressed by the writer's weapons knowledge.
The bad guy had an "AR-style" gun, the good guy had a "Smith and Wesson 9MM Handgun"
What?! No serial numbers?!?!
It's all bovine excrement from my observation.

No clue what you are getting at with this statement. When they say a red 2022 F-150 pickup truck as identification do they also list the VIN? So what is the point you are trying to make here?

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I've never given this any thought...I guess because I rarely hear reports of armed citizens stopping the bad guys from committing horrific crimes.

Makes me wonder.
I guess maybe it isn't covered because it doesnt fit the MSM narrative? Or do the policing agencies intentionally play it down?

So some common facts...

Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Most often, the gun is never fired, and no blood (including the criminal’s) is shed.

Every year, 400,000 life-threatening violent crimes are prevented using firearms.

60 percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed.

Felons report that they avoid entering houses where people are at home because they fear being shot.

Fewer than 1 percent of firearms are used in the commission of a crime.

Obama ordered the Center for Disease Control to do a study following the Sandy Hook Massacre for Obama's "Now Is the Time' campaign. In that report was this below...

National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2013. Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. doi.org...

"estimated that the number of crimes prevented by guns could be even higher—as many as 3 million annually, or some 8,200 every day."

So it isn't like no one knows, just a convenient thing to ignore when it doesn't fit a anti-gun narratve.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They're ramping up coverage of 'mass shootings' again; every night on the news there's at least 2 incidents as the top story.

They always leave out the fact that they're mostly happening crime-ridden areas in liberal states with tough gun laws, like the block party incident in Baltimore.
As in so many of the mass shootings focus on a certain ethnic group needs to be downplayed, and I thought the media did a pretty good job at that by showing a heart-broken, sobbing 10 y/o girl. Can't help but tug at your heart strings, no matter your stance on gun (i.e. people) control.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Every other western country would be ashamed over such gun crime numbers.

But yay look how cool guns are, they can kill bad people too, so guns are good. Mind you I'm not saying guns are bad, guns are tools for we the people...

Something is very wrong with the USofA, and guns aren't the problem nor the solution.

So what do you propose?
Carry on, nothing to see here, because the 2nd?
maybe some introspection is due? I know, it's alot to ask from a country that is all over the globe stirring #, and always on the look out for the next foreign villain to point fingers and wage war against.
Nevermind the dualistic politics that permeates every idea, and mind to the point of manifesting in an extremely polarized society.
From my experience you either dissolve the polarity or break appart

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The BBC reported an armed civilian neutralizing a terrorist in Israel.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And thats all i got to say on that

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Did you even read the OP? The guy was not killed, he was shot and held at gun point until police arrived.

It's funny you would say such a BS thing on today of all days, you know, where we are celebrating the end of a war that we won because citizens had guns......weird

I propose that more people like this brave man, get trained to carry a firearm every day, do so safely, and then more of these instances of a "mass shooting" being stopped by a good samaritan will occur.

Not that hard to figure out

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

Good for them, another good citizen doing the work that nobody else wants to.

We would have a lot less stupid people wanting to do this if they had the fear that every time they walked into a building to do harm, there was someone in there ready to die protecting everyone else in that building.

Ever wonder why you don't see this type of thing happen in places that aren't "gun free zones"? And even then, there are those that are willing to face the consequences of being in a 'gun free zone" with a firearm for self, and/or, others protection.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

remove suicides from the gun numbers and they drop to an amazingly low level for a country with 330+ million people and 400+ million guns.

Once you dig into the location of the gun deaths, and the circumstances around the deaths, you find large stretches of a large nation have zero gun crime.

Or you can hyperventilate over an inanimate object and drink the koolaid, you do you.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Something is very wrong with the USofA, and guns aren't the problem nor the solution.

How is France these days...lol

When we look at the murder rate we see most of EU to be around 1 to 1.3 per 100,000, the US is like 4.9 per 100,000, and you and others say WOW 4 times! But the scale is 0 to like 58, so not as big as one might think.

When we look at violent crimes per 100,000 EU is anywhere from 32 to 375 per 100,000 with the US coming in at 246. Now the fun part... England is 925

So you saying something is wrong with the US maybe better look at other countries too, but hey its all about the guns...

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

remove suicides from the gun numbers and they drop to an amazingly low level for a country with 330+ million people and 400+ million guns.

Once you dig into the location of the gun deaths, and the circumstances around the deaths, you find large stretches of a large nation have zero gun crime.

Or you can hyperventilate over an inanimate object and drink the koolaid, you do you.

1/2 of murders are gang on gang-related, so really has zero effect on line 320+ million Americans.

Also, most murders are in like 5 cities and if you removed liberals from the totals doing the killing then murders would be 90% less. Facts are fun lol.

edit on 4-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
My point is that they are either bots writing the slop, or they have no idea what the fu** they are writing about.
An "AR-style" is supposed to raise the hair on your neck, while the succinct description of the good guy shooter was precise.
We'll hear no more about this story because the shooter bad guy was a black transgender BLM supporter. Nothing to see here!!
www.informationliberation.com...
It is all bovine excrement.
Change my mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I don't read stuff that is riding the divisive wave. The 4th of July was basically rebels and outlaws celebrating tax evasion, disobeying orders, riots, vandalism, illegal gun ownership, and acts of treason. Seen from that point of view your cultural heritage has never been more alive...

I'm sure your proposal is absolutely new and groundbreaking, how come that's not the case already? Why aren't you all trained to use guns savely?

But I see, I hit the divisive nail again... Didn't take long for we the people to pointing finger at each others respective polar opposite. Instead of acknowledging the issue and taking responsibility for your fellow citizens

A country divided, you'll get there... the rest is history.
edit on 5-7-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Wow, you must have went to some serious sarcasm school, that is all you seem to know how to write.

And how exactly does my response "point fingers" to create "polar opposites"?

Just because you are one that seems to be afraid of guns and think they should all be banned, why does that mean I have to give up mine to make you feel better?

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ToddB

Usually if it is a news outlet/liberal writing a piece on some sort of "gun violence", they never have even the slightest clue what they are talking about.

I mean look at Biden, "...that'll blow the lungs right out of your body..." such a common wealth of knowledge.

We won't hear anymore on this story because a good guy with a gun, took out a bad guy with a gun. It is nowhere near the narrative that news/media wants to push so it will never see the light of day again.

There are hundreds of these every year that get covered up by the few "mass shootings" that go on. Why? Because the media hates that the thing they want gone is the thing that stops 99% of these cases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join