It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Dead and 3 Injured in Possible Terror Attack in Nottingham England

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

He is a West African migrant with a history of violence according to GB News.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So he was known to MI5 and was a former university student himself!
They can hold him for a further 36 hours for questioning.
Seems a bit odd given it's quite cut and dried he did it, unless they are investigating further charges, but surely they can charge him with murder in the meantime.... pending further enquiries no?
Rainbows
Jane
edit on am68America/ChicagoThursday2023-06-15T08:54:20-05:0008America/Chicago06000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

It is a long time.

I don't know but it is probably because of potential terrorism.

They will be trawling through his devices checking his activity on social media etc. If he's deleted stuf they will be recovering it.

Plod is being thorough.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

We all want answers and transparency but to be honest with you Jane I would rather the police take their time, build a strong and as watertight a case as possible.

Once they charge this scumbag they will come under intense scrutiny and I think its important they have as many of the answers as they possibly can.

I know emotions are high and people want justice.
My initial reaction as usual was one of anger and a desire for retribution - I still feel that way but I can understand why the police etc may be taking as much time as they can to determine what exactly happened and why.

What I personally don't want is any glossing over any ideological motivations he may have had or see any pathetic excuses made for him.
Lots of people are angry with the world and have # lives.....doesn't excuse murdering three innocent people and trying to kill three more.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes, being thorough.

Long gone are the days he would by now have unfortunately fallen down the Stations stairs. Several times.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Oh, I dearly hope he's fallen down the stairs several times.
Unfortunately that would just be manna from heaven for all the do-gooders who would use it in his defence blah blah blah.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

but surely they can charge him with murder in the meantime.... pending further enquiries no?

I guess as they haven't named him yet the delay is probably down to investigating any terrorism links hay may or may not have here and in his home country.

Either way we will be paying his B&B bill at whatever HMP it ends up in.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Either way we will be paying his B&B bill at whatever HMP it ends up in.

Where he'll be greeted with open arms by the likes of the bastards who killed Lee Rigby etc.

About time we started repatriating these people to either their country of origin or the country they entered the UK from.
Don't care if they are 'British Citizens' now, they gave up their Rights when they committed these horrendous crimes.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I agree whole heartedly. I did say "unless they are investigating further charges." Maybe I could have worded my post better by adding..... there must be something else afoot.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Police have raided a couple of properties, apparently.

We will know more once he's charged.

They won't release his name til then.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well, they have named him and have until tomorrow morning to charge him.....
He's one Valdo Amissão Mendes Calocane who graduated from the same University last year.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
So he was known to MI5 and was a former university student himself!
They can hold him for a further 36 hours for questioning.
Seems a bit odd given it's quite cut and dried he did it, unless they are investigating further charges, but surely they can charge him with murder in the meantime.... pending further enquiries no?
Rainbows
Jane

According to MI5 he was known to them after he banged on the main office doors demanding to be let in last August. People only stay on file for six months though before it gets closed (unless evidence or 'unknowns' justify keeping it open).

I'm fairly sure 'known to them' means the file/investigation had been closed and a different phrase like 'was being watched' or 'actively monitored' is used when a file is open but nowhere near 100%.

Good to see police being so thorough but still feels a long time, maybe my recall is completely off but I don't remember it taking this long to confirm or rule out a terrorist motive before.

edit on 16-6-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
He's been charged with 3 counts of murder and 3 counts of attempted murder.
He'll appear in court tomorrow.
Sky News link
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

No mention of possible motive or terrorism.

Odd.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't suppose they have to clarify motive until trial.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Usually a bit of a hint in the charges, though.

No "preparing for act of terrorism " etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I agree, it is rather odd given past incidents.
I really hope it's not some 'mental health' issue. I'm really praying the police will have got him assessed and it's not a issue.
I'm fed up with incidents like this being blammed on 'mental health' issues. There are thousands of people who DO have mental health issues, but they don't go around killing people! It's seriously disingenuous to them in my view now. I'm not saying some historical cases were clearly mental health driven, but it needs to be better defined.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Agreed.

Nutters have mental health issues by definition. No excuse.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot were nutters, too. Mental health issues.

Terrorists all.

Some folk are just evil.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join