It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Clarence Thomas Will Oversee the Government Documents Trial of Former President Trump.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, June 12, 2023

Since Donald Trump is a former U.S. President, the fairness of the Judicial Proceedings during his trial will be highly scrutinized by the U.S. Supreme Court.

QUESTION: What is most likely to happen that would cause Supreme Court Justice Thomas to inject himself into the trial process?

-CareWeMust

Just making stuff up again, I see.

1. There is no provision in the law that says cases involving former Presidents get any more or less scrutiny than any other cases.

2. There is no provision in the law that allows a Supreme Court Justice to "inject" himself or herself into a case. Judges and Justices cannot go out looking for cases to get involved in. They make judgments about certain matters in cases that are brought to them by the judicial process. In this case, it would be if an emergency appeal was made concerning a ruling from a lower court.

You must have been sleeping during high school civics class.

We're in uncharted waters. Lots of pirates, sharks, and freak storms never seen before!

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Monday, June 12, 2023

Since Donald Trump is a former U.S. President, the fairness of the Judicial Proceedings during his trial will be highly scrutinized by the U.S. Supreme Court.

QUESTION: What is most likely to happen that would cause Supreme Court Justice Thomas to inject himself into the trial process?

-CareWeMust

1. There is no provision in the law that says cases involving former Presidents get any more or less scrutiny than any other cases.

2. There is no provision in the law that allows a Supreme Court Justice to "inject" himself or herself into a case. Judges and Justices cannot go out looking for cases to get involved in. They make judgments about certain matters in cases that are brought to them by the judicial process. In this case, it would be if an emergency appeal was made concerning a ruling from a lower court.

" There is no provision in the law that allows a Supreme Court Justice to "inject" himself or herself into a case "

I Disagree . If a Precedence is Set Concerning the Criminal Prosecution of a U'S President currently Out of Office and the Violation of his Constitutional Rights as a Citizen of the United States , then it would then Warrant the Involvement of the SCOTUS .

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well, with a Trump appointed judge assigned at random, and a conservative SCOTUS,there is already an out when this case goes nowhere.

There is NO motive in the case. None.

I think the best thing I saw today was Eric Holder talking about impeaching him as soon as he is in office again. I mean....really???? Talk of impeachment for someone who is not elected and just got over 30 federal indictments?

Not much confidence on the left....

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

NAh.

The evil left will just talk about court-stacking.

And republicans in the senate will probably cave.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

this maybe why they went after thomas a couple of months back. they had already decided what they were gonna do, stacked the grand jury, and probably already got the potential trial jurors stacked and lined up. only bases left to cover is trial judge, and getting rid of thomas. to bad it didn't work.

now they can't lie and cheat nearly as bad or say we got him this time.

edit on 12-6-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

dumb asses don't even realize that being impeached is no different than being indicted. you have to be found guilty. i guess they didn't learn anything the first two times.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

There is no provision in the law that says cases involving former Presidents get any more or less scrutiny than any other cases.

This could be one of the dumbest things I've read on ATS.

Though there must be a provision in the law somewhere that says " If the former President is a direct political rival to the current President in an upcoming election then their case gets massive Scrutiny " .

I'm sure it says that somewhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I was thinking the same thing lol...

Does there need to be? Last I heard back in civics class was the SCOTUS is the top judiciaries of the land. And if its his district as a supreme court justice then he has every right to oversee any case in said jurisdiction. Is here a law or statute that says he can't? I can see why he would want to be involved with the case as this is why off the map and its opening up a whole new Pandora's box. I would want to ensure things are on the up and up too...

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: SourGrapes
I truly hope (and pray 🙏) Judge Thomas, and his family, have adequate protection.

Garland will be protesting in front of Thomas's home.

why to show pride? Inclusiveness? Justice? prove you can peacefully protest in front of publically paid for property? WHY oh WHY

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Monday, June 12, 2023

-CareWeMust

IDK brother, why all the nonsense involved up to this point? Even you should see all the theatrical stunts leading us up to the events today. You should be able to see it, it is out there that this stuff going on in one way or another isn't really justice or the American way. At the very least one thing is self evident, and that is, one side is pushing really hard for court of public opinion versus justice in our respective halls of justice.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
democrats came down hard on thomas recently

they knew the trump indictment would be in thomas sector

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
they say special federal lawyer jack smith has money ties to soros and other democrat backers

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A friendly reminder that the Mud Pit no longer exists and that muddy posts are no longer welcome at ATS.

Believe it or not it is possible to discuss this topic without turning it into a pig’s sty.

Let’s keep it civil, y’all.

As usual, do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Monday, June 12, 2023

-CareWeMust

Actually, the Supreme Court can intervene in a lower court process. It is literally called Intervention... in this particular case, the Supreme Court rejected Trumps plea for that in October of last year.

So yes Virginia, there is a Rule 24..

What we are actually talking about in this thread is that if the case goes to appeal (which if lost most certainly will) then the Circuit Justice over the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals is Clarence Thomas.

If you know anything about the history of Thomas and Biden, this looks more and more like karma in the making.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Monday, June 12, 2023

-CareWeMust

" There is no provision in the law that allows a Supreme Court Justice to "inject" himself or herself into a case "

I Disagree . If a Precedence is Set Concerning the Criminal Prosecution of a U'S President currently Out of Office and the Violation of his Constitutional Rights as a Citizen of the United States , then it would then Warrant the Involvement of the SCOTUS .

You are good at keeping an "Open Mind" and understanding how unprecedented the current state of affairs within America are.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Former A.G. Eric Holder illegally ignored a lawful Congressional subpoena. Yet he gives advice on how the law should be followed by others? Holder should go back to fishing and talking to trees, like former Special Counsel Bob Mueller is doing.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

No.Sorry. This judge appointment is one of the funniest things I have read all year.

This all leads back to Obama. Hillary's pass. Tarmac meeting. Joe can f'k anything up according to O so we know when push comes to shove that final fall will be...well...the end.

Holder is Jarrett as Jarrett is Holder. They are all the same entity.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I want to see Thomas' revenge on Biden half as much as I think Thomas does.

Biden: I knew nothing of my son's business dealings. (LIED!)

Biden: I knew nothing of the raid on Donald Trump's home. (LIED!)

Biden: I had no idea my political opponent Donald Trump would be indicted by my boy, Garland (TRUE? FALSE?)

Biden keeps lying to Americans, over and over again.

Thankfully, 70% of Americans now know he's a full-time liar. Only the dimmest bulbs still believe him.

trump: I returned all the documents. LIED

Trump: I declassified them with my special brain. LIED

Trump: I implied my suppoters are a cult when I said I wouldn’t lose support if I shot someone on fifth avenue. TRUTH

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

This was likely a factor in Trunps move to FL long ago.

He would know that if anything gets pushed up the line it would fall in Thomas' lap.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join