It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Clarence Thomas Will Oversee the Government Documents Trial of Former President Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Monday, June 12, 2023

Former President Trump was Indicted last week for supposedly violating rules and laws pertaining to government documents post Presidency.

For Reference: www.westernjournal.com...

Since Donald Trump is a former U.S. President, the fairness of the Judicial Proceedings during his trial will be highly scrutinized by the U.S. Supreme Court.

And, since the Trial will be held in Florida at some point, the Presiding Justice looking down from above to ensure fairness, will be CLARENCE THOMAS.

Source: www.supremecourt.gov...

QUESTION: What is most likely to happen that would cause Supreme Court Justice Thomas to inject himself into the trial process? Presiding trial Judge Aileen Cannon may need assistance of some kind, if these uncharted waters churn up a CAT-5 Hurricane.

-CareWeMust

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
This is too rich.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I want to see Thomas' revenge on Biden half as much as I think Thomas does.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Biden: I knew nothing of my son's business dealings. (LIED!)

Biden: I knew nothing of the raid on Donald Trump's home. (LIED!)

Biden: I had no idea my political opponent Donald Trump would be indicted by my boy, Garland (TRUE? FALSE?)

Biden keeps lying to Americans, over and over again.

Thankfully, 70% of Americans now know he's a full-time liar. Only the dimmest bulbs still believe him.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I truly hope (and pray 🙏) Judge Thomas, and his family, have adequate protection.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just like in the special master case, if things make their way up to Thomas he will defer to the SCOTUS as a whole. It is rare for a Supreme Court Justice to make a unilateral decision. And when they do it's because they are confident the other Justices would be unanimous in the decision.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
I truly hope (and pray 🙏) Judge Thomas, and his family, have adequate protection.

I hope he's not counting on Garland/Wray's DOJ-FBI. They let an assassin get within a few feet of Justice Kavanaugh's home last Summer. Because the would-be murderer moved slow and was mentally sick, he didn't make it to Kavanaugh before being intercepted by law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What do you mean won't let you?

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This Trial could Turn into a Constitutional Crisis if it has not Already . A Supreme Court Justice getting Involved Hints at that .

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Garland will be protesting in front of Thomas's home.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, June 12, 2023

Since Donald Trump is a former U.S. President, the fairness of the Judicial Proceedings during his trial will be highly scrutinized by the U.S. Supreme Court.

QUESTION: What is most likely to happen that would cause Supreme Court Justice Thomas to inject himself into the trial process?

-CareWeMust

Just making stuff up again, I see.

1. There is no provision in the law that says cases involving former Presidents get any more or less scrutiny than any other cases.

2. There is no provision in the law that allows a Supreme Court Justice to "inject" himself or herself into a case. Judges and Justices cannot go out looking for cases to get involved in. They make judgments about certain matters in cases that are brought to them by the judicial process. In this case, it would be if an emergency appeal was made concerning a ruling from a lower court.

You must have been sleeping during high school civics class.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I know they probably haven't mentioned it on CNN, MSNBC, or Cartoon Network, but other more learned folks are already seeing this going to the Supreme Court because of the legal precedence.

Open a book.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

1. There is no provision in the law that says cases involving former Presidents get any more or less scrutiny than any other cases.

A fan or just an apologist for two tiered justice?

Color me curious.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

This Trial could Turn into a Constitutional Crisis if it has not Already . A Supreme Court Justice getting Involved Hints at that .

It will based on Barnes outline.

Either the POTUS had the authority to declass and retain personal property or they do not.

Also, there is precedent via Bill Clinton.

Regardless, what accountability and culpability will be doled out should the DoJ be shut down?

None. And the taxpayers fund it all.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Will the Left Try and Call him an " Uncle Thomas " Again ? .......Hmm...

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That's because the underlying motivation for indicting former U.S. President Trump is flat out wrong.

The motivation is to prevent him from being President by turning America against him. (They're stupid to think this.)

And, they want the contents of those documents President Trump declassified on 1/19/2021 ( Ref: www.federalregister.gov... ation ) to be forever sealed, because they expose criminality by Obama and his Administration...which includes top DOJ/FBI leaders.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Will the Left Try and Call him an " Uncle Thomas " Again ? .......Hmm...

We may get a new goalpost.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Anyone following the Missouri v Biden xasesource will see that objective judges usually shoot down leftist nonsense.
edit on 12-6-2023 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join