It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Aliens have been to Earth and are Still Here - Dr. Gary Nolan - Stanford

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I read ya Arbi……

Whether Nolan was chosen by TTSA or had IC handlers………how does a formally trained, professionally trained, medical fields person ….become an expert metallurgist (my words) to be chosen to study metamaterials? That’s one hell of a leap…imo.

I don’t get it. That’s like hiring a janitor to work on ion pulse propulsion. Careers are 180 out…imo.

👽
edit on 28-5-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Since they have been here on earth for thousands of years....many generations...they technically are not aliens anymore.

I wouldn't mind communicating with some of these aliens, I wonder if they like coffee?

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Stanford went out an a limb with the Stanford Research Institute and remote viewing. And Dr. Sowell. There may just be something about Stanford.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
That ought to increase his book sales and speaking engagements. The alien/UFO/UAP circuit just keeps getting bigger and bigger, with more and more money to be made.

Have any modern REAL looking videos surfaced of an Alien being interviewed at a Top Secret base? It should be even easier to put together one of these now, than the unconvincing one that some guy concocted 15 years ago and was exposed as FAKE by ATS experts.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No coffee, but they really seem to enjoy grape soda.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Gasp! An opinion! From someone who works at a place I’ve hear of! Should I think they are speaking the truth and now reject all things that speak against that truth I’ve come to know?

a reply to: esteay812

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
A distinguished scientist, a professor at Stanford, should know that in order to make a statement that "the probability is 100% that aliens have visited us and are here now", and to back it up stating things that we have already heard... Well the next statement should be "and I would like to introduce you to an alien right now"...

Failing that, there is nothing here. Sure, he is a renowned scientist, but there have been so many others as well.

It has to be book fodder, and this disrespects all of us that believe aliens exist and just want the absolute proof from those that we trust.

edit on 29-5-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
That ought to increase his book sales and speaking engagements. The alien/UFO/UAP circuit just keeps getting bigger and bigger, with more and more money to be made.

The guy is a multi-millionaire with over 50 different patents held. He doesn't need money. He doesn't need ridicule.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oh well, another nothingburger to add to the disclosure project.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

I read ya Arbi……

Whether Nolan was chosen by TTSA or had IC handlers………how does a formally trained, professionally trained, medical fields person ….become an expert metallurgist (my words) to be chosen to study metamaterials? That’s one hell of a leap…imo.

I don’t get it. That’s like hiring a janitor to work on ion pulse propulsion. Careers are 180 out…imo.

👽
I think your observation has merit Ophi. I'm trying to maintain respect for Dr Nolan which I still had after reading that article in 2019 I linked, but now he's making it harder to do that.

It sort of reminds me of another brilliant medical field professional, a Nobel-prize winning scientist who specialized in medical scanning equipment and made great advances in that field. Then he decided to present his opinion in astrophysics in which he had no training and embarrassed himself based on his misunderstanding of a field he is not trained in. So yes I think we have to allow that when a PhD opines in their field of expertise, it should carry a certain weight, but when they opine outside their field of expertise, one could argue that we might be better off listening to experts in that field instead.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Perhaps some academics and scientists who show an interest or bias regarding 'out there' or more outlandish subjects can become 'useful idiots' for intelligence agencies.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It will be interesting to see how Nolan goes with all this. He is a very interesting chap , but but. Time will tell.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Where’s his Ufology bio?

All I’m seeing is a Dr in medical sciences.

👽

He has been involved for several years. He is well known on twitter and reddit. His talks do not normally show up on ATS. I have learned a whole lot more about UAP/UFOs from regularly scanning a handful of twitter accounts. In any event, he's connected with the right people and wants the discussion out in the open so that more of his colleagues are willing to study the phenomena.

Here are some more links to a few short twitter video interviews so you can see this was not a one time sensational comment, but it should be considered a summation and demand of people in the field that want disclosure to happen already.

On public hearings and the woo:
twitter.com...

On our place in the food chain:
twitter.com...

Faster than light travel & von neumann probes:
twitter.com...

On Eric Davis
twitter.com...

And here's his own encounter:
twitter.com...

Just look around...he's very active in the community and well connected. I don't think he's in it for cash. It's a passion. And he's probably the guy that will get academia to start looking into this. (people have always said more attention is needed on this subject.)
edit on 29-5-2023 by inert because: formatting and additional thoughts

edit on 29-5-2023 by inert because: add labels

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: inert

I have no doubt of his interest in the UFOlogy field…..don’t we all have that interest?

I guess I’m an old stick in the mud……

Like other “Ufologists” that have made UFOLOGY their discipline…..but with their life long backgrounds in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Astrobiology….etc ….

I’m just not expecting to see a medical professional instantly (figuratively) ramp up in the Astro disciplines and become an instant authority that people hang on every Nolan word.

His statements in the OP vid are bold….but they lack the evidence, his evidence, that Carl Sagan calls out to be extraordinary.

Having wealth…and possibly charisma….and the gift of gab….doesn’t make him an expert in the field, in the discipline of UFOlogy…..imo.

👽

edit on 29-5-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I have no doubt of his interest in the UFOlogy field…..don’t we all have that interest?

I guess I’m an old stick in the mud……

Like other “Ufologists” that have made UFOLOGY their discipline…..but with their life long backgrounds in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Astrobiology….etc ….

I’m just not expecting to see a medical professional instantly (figuratively) ramp up in the Astro disciplines and become an instant authority that people hang on every Nolan word.

His statements in the OP vid are bold….but they lack the evidence, his evidence, that Carl Sagan calls out to be extraordinary.

Having wealth…and possibly charisma….and the gift of gab….doesn’t make him an expert in the field, in the discipline of UFOlogy…..imo.

👽

He's an inventor of machines that analyze material at an atomic level. He's not just a Nurse/doctor/medical guy. He's a very very smart cookie.
They have tried to answer the question by asking guys with lifelong backgrounds in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Astrobiology and we are no further to finding out what the phenomenon is.

Why not Ask someone else who has a different mindset and skillset?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As to why Nolan would ramp it up like this, what if he's been told to? Not sure if I have the right picture but he receives CIA grants, yes? My impression is that he may have had a fair amount of liberty regarding his work. The caveat could be that grants would be withdrawn unless he repays some favors. Insert CIA disclosure narrative poster boy.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I don't know where one would get a degree in ufology. It is not exactly astrophysics. The starting point has to be: they are here, how did they do it? What opportunity does this open if you start with that mind set? Entirely new physics! Or perhaps, as stated in American Cosmic, maybe the next big advancement in Ufology will come from the field of religious studies. The field of ufology is likely to need experts from many domains each with a specialization to explain how their field can help to understand what it is.

That old Carl Sagan line...Gary, himself, rebuts that quote:

Science doesn't care whether the claim is extraordinary or not. It simply arbitrates if the evidence is sufficient. The extraordinary claims/evidence meme is pretentious nonsense.

twitter.com...

Bryce Zabel actually debated Carl Sagan about this back in the early 80s:

“You’re famous for saying that there are billions and billions of stars out there in the Universe. You’ve actually said that you believe the Universe is teeming with life, and that some of it must be intelligent, probably more advanced than we are. But you also insist that none of these other beings could actually be here on Earth because the distances are too vast.”

Sagan’s smile left his face during this. He said, “What’s your point?”

...snip...

The truth of the matter, to me, is that he felt giving any quarter on the UFO issue could kill his career. He was a scientist, a popularizer of science, but he was no fool, given that he’d been denied tenure at Harvard for being a little too out there. And so he implied that if I started talking about these UFOs, then I wouldn’t be taken seriously either. I can’t specifically remember if he used the term “little green men,” but he definitely dismissed this as talking about flying saucers.

on-the-trail-of-the-saucers/carl-sagan-ufo-voyager

And one last thought...there is a saying that if you've seen a UFO, then you know it's real. If you mention it to anyone else and they were not there, it's just an anecdote. I saw my first UFO 3 weeks ago. I now know they are real. To everyone else, it's just a story. Gary had an encounter (linked above), so he's got some basis for saying he knows they are here.
edit on 29-5-2023 by inert because: added gary's quote

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

True…..anybody’s guess is as good as anybody’s guess without proof.

One doesn’t have to be an expert in the field.

An example in this day and age…….a ufo crashes in someone’s backyard. The occupant of the home contacts everyone possible to see what’s happened. The household members witness it, the neighbors….etc.. The 1st proof are the eyewitness’s, the 2nd proof are the images and video streaming in real time, that’s going viral…..the 3rd proof is retrieving pieces of the wreckage….the 4th proof is getting the news media there for the Live Breaking News segment.

So was the home occupant who discovered the crash and possible extraterrestrials, a lifelong Ufologist with an Astro disciplines background? Probably not……merely just a Joe Blow.

Yet the crash in the backyard and Joe Blow….did more to answer and advance the Questions about are we alone in the universe, than anyones theories…hypothesis…on extraterrestrial life.

All this was possible because of solid proof one way or the other.

Where are the Ufologists solid proof?

Where’s Nolan’s solid proof?

Btw…In the scenario above….the greatest mistake of a witness…would be to inform and involve the government first!

👽

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

There is none......However I would not dismiss Nolan.

edit on 29-5-2023 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

There is none......However I would not dismiss Nolan.

👽

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join