It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media is reporting rumors that Ron DeSantis will declare his candidacy next week

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Im ready for someone fresh. We need a national rest and relaxation with some sanity.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: JAGStorm

DeSantis is a very popular governor.

Latin Americans are not a hive. Im fairly certain that Cuban Americans in Florida do not all welcome migrants from Mexico and Central America.

Parents in Florida have declared war on LGBTQ+, they don't want their children to be indoctrinated at school. These fears have been stoked to the degree that the voters put pressure on the legislature and some limiting laws for school kids were passed. Now its trans genocide and book banning. Uh, no. It's democracy in action.

The Disney thing? What happened to not supporting corporate welfare? Isn't that what DeSantis is doing? Removing Disney 'welfare' er...tax breaks?

At least we are discussing real issues! Thank you for your comments!

Being a popular governor is different than being a popular president.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

Im ready for someone fresh. We need a national rest and relaxation with some sanity.

I don’t believe Desantis will add rest, relaxation or sanity.
Is that what is happening in Florida?

I think he is going to announcing his running now because the fallout from the migrant situation is just starting to ramp up. They want to get ahead of it.
We’ll see.
edit on 18-5-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Some Conservatives don't really like Trump and come election day, that may influence whether they vote at all, giving the Dems a default victory.
A Trump/DeSantis ticket would be something everyone could support, but given the blows traded between them, it doesn't look promising.

Two monster egos would clash too much. They don't like each other because they are a threat to each other. They both seek power and they would never sleep with the other one around.

And you're right, more and more conservatives are disliking Trump. A leading evangelist leader from Iowa, Bob Vander Plaats, just rescinded his support for Trump and declared his support for DeSantis before DeSantis even declared his candidacy.

Link

A top evangelical leader in Iowa is calling on Republicans to “turn the page” on Donald Trump, and insists that the former president’s recent efforts to soften his politics on abortion have “flung” the doors of 2024 Iowa caucus contest “wide open” for likely competitors like Florida Governor Ron DeSantis

Bob Vander Plaats is the head of The Family Leader, a prominent Christian conservative group based in Iowa that seeks to promote “godly, righteous leaders in government” so that they can, in turn, advance “God’s Kingdom.” Vander Plaats made his case on The Hill’s news program on the cable channel News Nation.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Shouldn't we be trying to elect a POTUS that isn't as divisive as Trump, Biden, and DeSantis? I don't understand the love for these people.

We have a chance to reverse the trend of electing increasingly divisive presidents. Why push these aweful candidates?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Alternatives, VIABLE alternatives mind you, are always welcome.

DeSantis is well liked, but serves only to pull votes away from Trump, thereby ensuring the party destabilization the left so desperately needs to foment.

Split the party that's already fairly splintered. Great strategy and great timing Ron, this will help loads. 🙄

Dumb.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
DeSantis is too closely connected to the WEF to ever get my vote. Career politicians are just about all on the same page with the WEF 2030 agenda; they just have different ideas on how to get there.

If one is willing to vote for yet another career politician they need to shut their flappers about term limits.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The problem with 2 GOP favorites is that it will split the vote. The Dems are not even going to have a debate, they'll just tell their followers who to vote for and that'll be it.
Some Conservatives don't really like Trump and come election day, that may influence whether they vote at all, giving the Dems a default victory.
A Trump/DeSantis ticket would be something everyone could support, but given the blows traded between them, it doesn't look promising.

If Trump knows what's good for his hopeful constituents and the American population as a whole, he will swallow his scorn and shake hands, like bio dad and step dad putting aside beef for the kid who needs moral support more than they need their alpha status.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm OK with that . Seeing Ron Debate Mr. Trump would be Great Reality T.V. , and having Trump say Afterwards " Who's Your Daddy " to Ron would be Priceless...............*)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I'm OK with that . Seeing Ron Debate Mr. Trump would be Great Reality T.V. , and having Trump say Afterwards " Who's Your Daddy " to Ron would be Priceless...............*)

Ron could counter with "Who was your grandfather, and where was his brothel?"

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Trump and Biden are both accused of criminality. Both are more controversial than anyone else runnning.

DeSantis is a popular governor in Florida that has done nothing controversial. His state legislature has passed bills widely supported by the voters. He has signed those bills. There are no women accusing him of sexual assault as both Biden and Trump have been. There are no accusations of being on a foreign pay-for-play scheme as both Biden and Trump have been, until Trump was exonerated just this week!

I'd say DeSantis is boring compared to either of these two.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Has either of them said they would run as an independent if they don't get the nomination?

Trump might end up with blue states not even putting him on their ballots. Not sure that would make a difference. If any traditionally red states don't it could be a problem. If he is convicted of any felony between now and then, that may be all it takes.

Maybe having someone the GOP could still run nationally isn't a bad idea.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

If you won't ever vote for a career politician then you might wind up sitting alot of elections out.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Ah , is that a Joke like " Make Like a Tree and Get Out Of Here " ? Hmm.........

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ah , is that a Joke like " Make Like a Tree and Get Out Of Here " ? Hmm.........

Not a joke and I'm sure Ron will have many retorts like that one should it devolve to that, and it will.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

a reply to: nugget1

If you won't ever vote for a career politician then you might wind up sitting alot of elections out.

Just think what would happen if everyone quit voting for career politicians. You don't have to vote for everyone on the ticket, and so far there have been enough no term and one term politicians where I've been able to still vote.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Not a joke and I'm sure Ron will have many retorts like that one should it devolve to that, and it will.

You Might be Right . Ron has a Regular Rock Star Personality.............

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

DeSantis is a popular governor in Florida that has done nothing controversial.

Allegations of participating in torturing of prisoners in GITMO. Passing controversials laws regarding LGBTQ. Also, being a hard-right conservative will attract no left-wing voters.

Plus the further you look into DeSantis, the less appealing he becomes.

I fear people will just vote blindly to Biden or DeSantis. Another puppet politician that has no intention on changing anything.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Why not vote for an independent this time around? If people are so divided, shouldn't we NOT vote for divisive candidates and perhaps consider moderates like Tulsi?

I often doubt people who vote that way actually want anything to change other than for their political party to win.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

" The vote will only be split if one of them declares as independent. Which Trump might do. "

Read My Fingertips......Naa Gonnna Appin' ........
edit on 18-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join