It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Was EcoHealth Alliance’s Grant Reinstated Despite Group’s Apparent Failure to Comply...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
ANALYSIS: Why Was EcoHealth Alliance’s Grant Reinstated Despite Group’s Apparent Failure to Comply With NIH Conditions?

[Maxmars note] I tried to access this Epoch Times article directly, but doing so requires a sign in... it was however aggregated by ZeroHedge, which does not require the surrender of user information to access.

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has reinstated a grant that had been terminated by President Donald Trump in April 2020. However, a document first obtained by the House Oversight Committee reveals that the NIH’s conditions for reinstatement have not been met.

The grant, titled “Understanding the Risk of Bat Coronavirus Emergence,” was originally awarded in 2014 by Dr. Anthony Fauci’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). Under the terms of the grant, EcoHealth Alliance, a government-funded nonprofit that purportedly engages in research to prevent pandemics, was awarded $3.8 million over five years to assess the spillover potential of bat viruses “using reverse genetics, pseudovirus and receptor binding assays, and virus infection experiments in cell culture and humanized mice.” Put in simple terms, NIAID was paying EcoHealth to genetically engineer and manipulate bat viruses in labs.

Many of you may recall the notorious relationship between EcoHealth and the Wuhan virology lab which we are still being told had nothing to do with the outbreak of Coronavirus which decimated economies around the globe and became the centerpiece of the viral outbreak which was the notional cause of societal upheavals and the general dysfunction of the health institutions world-wide.

In May 2016, the grant was suspended after Erik Stemmy, a NIAID program officer, noticed that federal government funds may have been used for prohibited gain-of-function experiments at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) in China. At the time, the Obama administration had put in place a moratorium on gain-of-function experiments. However, for reasons that remain unclear, the suspension was lifted in July 2016. At the time, EcoHealth’s president, Peter Daszak, thanked NIAID in an email for lifting the gain-of-function funding pause.

I disagree that the reasons for the lapse in the proscriptions against gain of function research are "unclear." But many of you tire of the evidence about who stood to gain from this, and how... so I won't bore you. Besides, I don't want to appear too 'conspiratorial' for polite company.

What follows in the article are some clear examples of exactly how 'uncooperative' EcoHealth has been. And I want to speculate about why the government has seen fit to reinstate their contract despite the obfuscation and deflection and downright unresponsiveness of the company. ... Insofar as the unresponsiveness goes, it may something in keeping with the way these "research agreements" are contractually stipulated... I can't say this for certain but many times there are explicit and stringent restrictions against reporting ANYTHING about the research unless BOTH parties agree to the release. Which means whoever is involved in the relationship between the two organizations can veto any disclosure - even regulatory - that might come up through normal channels. Some of those disincentives go so far as one party relinquishing 'property' rights and such for violating the terms.

And since this research was the spark that started the wildly profitable venture of the COVID event... that might be something that could explain it.

But even so... why renew the contract? Who could override the obvious cautionary lessons we surely must have learned thus far?

This is worth the time to read...

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The truth is coming out much faster than I ever believed it would, but half the people find it too horrific to accept.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
But even so... why renew the contract? Who could override the obvious cautionary lessons we surely must have learned thus far?

Why ?

Because corrupt Democrats almost certainly getting a "cut" from money wasted on Eco-Alliance....
edit on 13-5-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Because laws and regulations only apply to certain people.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I can't directly deny what you are saying... because it is almost certainly true... but I think it is a bit too trusting to assume that simple partisanship played a factor in this... and I would wager we might find other non-democrats just as willing to 'bend' the rules for profit and power... and prove to be just as involved or responsible for this debacle as anyone else.

I try to never let partisanship be the 'badge' that describes corruption...

edit on 5/14/2023 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Because the virus they manipulated is for population control, and to coerce people into taking a toxic injection that is also aimed at reducing the population..

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Mot meaning to argue against your assertion, but that ship has sailed. The virus is released, and billions were 'vaccinated' or whatever you might call what they did...

Why is this company being reauthorized to continue their so called "research?" In what way would that serve a depopulation action that has already begun?

Not saying that such a thing is not real... we have heard the elites of the world drooling over depopulation for a long time now... but this company's government grant would seem to be a separate matter entirely.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
With how deep Eco Health Alliance is in this covid mess, it fits with the 2020 election. The days of some kind of national democratic republic is over. The political power is in the hands of the global corporatocracy.

Corporate law is based around the contract. Do not consent to things that don't make sense.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

Mot meaning to argue against your assertion, but that ship has sailed. The virus is released, and billions were 'vaccinated' or whatever you might call what they did...

Why is this company being reauthorized to continue their so called "research?" In what way would that serve a depopulation action that has already begun?

Not saying that such a thing is not real... we have heard the elites of the world drooling over depopulation for a long time now... but this company's government grant would seem to be a separate matter entirely.

Continuing research on the creation of bat flu might be connected to 'future use'. A new variant might need to sweep the masses again.

Top 'health experts/researchers' have warned the government that the Omicron variant will mutate into a deadlier form within the next two years.
I had to chuckle when I read that; we've always been lead to believe viruses tend to weaken as they mutate, not get deadlier.....so Omicron might just need a little laboratory help in filling this prediction.

The WHO and NIH have also been hammering the point that we're likely to see another pandemic soon; not in decades, but years.

Are we being programmed to accept another manufactured health crisis, with this new regulation silencing all dissenters? They did a lot of damage to the double/triple jabbing effort and turned a lot of pro-vaxxers and fence sitters off. The loss of revenue must be astronomical!

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
Exactly

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It's nuclear weapons all over again. Somebody out there is doing it, so we have to do it faster.

¯|_(ツ)_/¯

edit on 14-5-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Why ?

Because corrupt Democrats almost certainly getting a "cut" from money wasted on Eco-Alliance....

It's almost like they've built international influences 😬

The timing was just oh-so perfect on this one 😎

The money funnel is unclogged

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's nuclear weapons all over again. Somebody out there is doing it, so we have to do it faster.

¯|_(ツ)_/¯

Except for the fact that EcoHealthAlliance subcontracts the work to China, a military opponent of America.
TREASON !

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Is opponent synonymous with aggressor?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Basic reasonning would tell you that it is insane to use US taxpayer money to fund gain of function bioweapon-applicable work in a country, China, that is likely to be in a military conflict with the US in the near future.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Here here!

That consideration alone should indicate that a lapse of proper strategic care for the welfare of the nation took place.

Discounting any other considerations this is enough to question the cause and effect of the decisions made and the actions undertaken.

But that can only be countered as dangerous "conspiracy theorist" talk... the kind we ought not think about... because it's not our "place."

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

They are Not going to Stop Until they Perfect the " Lot 6 " " Captain Trips " Killer Bio Weapon to Cleanse the World of the Inferior Meat Machine Units They Consider US All to Be........
edit on 14-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Now this gem!

As if in response to our deliberations about this matter : a response from the "system"...

Here comes the L.A.Times with a rather substantial article dealing with how this is all completely different than we were thinking...

Column: How Trump’s anti-science meddling erased 3 years of crucial COVID research

Grab a popcorn, and start munching....

Outside a limited cadre of professional virus and epidemic experts, the Monday announcement of a four-year, $2.5-million government grant to an obscure scientific research organization probably attracted little notice.

But it was much more important than it appeared on the surface. The grant to New York-based EcoHealth Alliance has largely ended a political attack on research into COVID-19 that began in 2020 under the Trump administration.

It is undisputable that the Trump White House ordered the National Institutes of Health to terminate a $3.4-million grant to EcoHealth in April 2020, based on entirely unfounded right-wingers’ claims that EcoHealth was funding so-called gain-of-function virus research in China, something they say could have allowed SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, to escape from a Chinese laboratory and infect the world.

‘It was unprecedented for [the National Institutes of Health] to act in response to political pressure and cancel a grant. If there were good scientific grounds for it, then that would be one thing, but there were zero.’

— Richard Roberts, Nobel laureate
Advertisement

The consequences for the independence of scientific research generally and for research into COVID’s origins have been incalculable.

While it is “impossible to say what would have been accomplished if the hiatus in funding did not occur,” former NIH director Harold Varmus told me by email, restoring the grant “cannot restore the three years in which [EcoHealth] was deprived of support for such critical work at a critical time.”

Oh this is rich.... poor EcoHealth Alliance... we stopped them from saving us all....

I won't devote more time to this piece of propaganda mastery... perhaps most members have moved on from this thread... but it proves one thing they think we should all know ...

Trump bad... COVID research good...
edit on 5/17/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Basic reasonning would tell you that it is insane to use US taxpayer money to fund gain of function bioweapon-applicable work in a country, China, that is likely to be in a military conflict with the US in the near future.

That was a much more coherent response, I have to concur with your risk assessment.

a reply to: Maxmars

‘It was unprecedented for [the National Institutes of Health] to act in response to political pressure and cancel a grant. If there were good scientific grounds for it, then that would be one thing, but there were zero.’

Bull#. There were several publications I've personally examined, from a variety of sources, all expressing the same doubts regarding the safety protocols and benefits of the virology program. I have some of them archived in fact.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NIH doesn't give a damn about ethics, only economics and acceptable collateral.

edit on 17-5-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Thanks for saying that. I'm glad to be here at ATS where such bullcrap doesn't fly.

I didn't want to go all "Maxmars" on that article because it is so entirely 'cutting edge propaganda' that I felt it would appear I was being biased. But even if I believed as the author does, I would have found a less 'parroting' way to support the position.

Or maybe the folks in L.A. just like their lies consistently and evenly spread over all surfaces, like someone with OCD buttering their toast.

I ran into another example of this author 'plying the pabulum' directly over another topic which I had made a thread about Why Biden Can’t Use the 14th Amendment to Raise the Debt Ceiling... different topic... same author, in direct opposition to assertions I happened to be making... how rude.
edit on 5/17/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join