It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA lawmaker warns Black residents to be 'realistic' on reparations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
CA lawmaker warns Black residents to be 'realistic' on reparations: Seven figure checks 'just not happening'

The California Reparations Task Force recommended payments of up to $1.2 million to every qualifying Black resident

Apparently some politician finally uttered the dread word that expecting to receive a 7-figure check in the mail just for being alive is not realistic.

California Democratic state Sen. Steven Bradford is warning African Americans not to get their "hopes up" for massive reparations payments from the state.

Bradford’s message comes after the California Reparations Task Force recommended over the weekend that the state pay up to $1.2 million in reparations to each eligible Black resident.

The state lawmaker, who served on the task force, claimed that it’s possible that Black residents could receive cash payments "if the money’s there," but argued that receiving million dollar checks in repayment for historical discrimination is "not happening."

I'm not sure about the feedback that is going to elicit from the constituents who appear to have been told otherwise... but I expect a certain amount of resentment will surface somewhere.

U.S. Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif., who attended the meeting, stated afterward, "Reparations are not only morally justifiable, but they have the potential to address long-standing racial disparities and inequalities."

But Bradford told potential recipients not to expect huge payouts when the California government hasn’t figured out where that money would come from.

The state lawmaker from Los Angeles did say that "anything’s possible if the money’s there," but added he will stay "realistic" about what actual payments may be, according to the Associated Press.

Well... here we see how Fox is reporting Associated Press reporting... funny that Associated Press back in March was reporting the amount being considered was $5 million... not 1.2... they really seem to be "on this" story.

Much as I hate watching citizens being used by politicians and activists this seems like material for an eventual "lesson learned" moment. And considering recent reports of the California deficit being larger than they had stated - this might be a bitter pill upcoming...

Sad, sad, sad.

+14 more 
posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There is nothing 'realistic' about reparations period!
It ended with the death of many of our countrymen, many years ago. We won for your freedom and now you want a kick back? GTHO!

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

It might be the end of Newsome's aspirations for a higher office. We can only hope.....

2nd

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Looks like people leaving California had an effect, 32 billion dollar budget deficit and now he chopped budgets for climate control projects had to reroute budgets for flood control.
With all of the footage of crime, drug use and homeless crazies I hope someone is stock piling footage for an attack ad.
Make America like California? I would laugh but the left would vote for it.
edit on 13-5-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
There is nothing 'realistic' about reparations period!
It ended with the death of many of our countrymen, many years ago. We won for your freedom and now you want a kick back? GTHO!

Haha thanks for the chuckle!
Many many things you either refuse to consider or may just not know.
Either way funny post I guess.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
Looks like people leaving California had an effect, 32 billion dollar budget deficit and now he chopped budgets for climate control projects had to reroute budgets for flood control.
With all of the footage of crime, drug use and homeless crazies I hope someone is stock piling footage for an attack ad.
Make America like California? I would laugh but the left would vote for it.

re: www.foxnews.com...

That $32 Billion budget deficit, combined with Newsom's plan to spend $296 Billion this year, seems crazy doesn't it?

Maybe he has a money printing press in the basement of the governor's mansion.

edit on 5/13/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Considering how much money flows through California as of right now, I think they will be just fine.
For now that is.
Fun fact, if California was a sovereign nation, in 2022 they would have had the worlds fifth largest economy.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I am more concerned with the Locusts leaving that state for other states, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas go more blue

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:22 AM
link   

This is ONE example of how Democrat leaders all over America, take advantage of the loyalty Black people have to the party.

The GAVIN NEWSOM example. One month before the 2020 election.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed the historic law Wednesday that creates a nine-member task force dedicated to coming up with recommendations for what form reparations might take and who would be eligible to receive them.

"As a nation, we can only truly thrive when every one of us has the opportunity to thrive," Newsom said. "Our painful history of slavery has evolved into structural racism and bias built into and permeating throughout our democratic and economic institutions."
Source: www.usatoday.com...

If you're a Black person, what you hear is, "As the Governor of California, I'm so serious about giving you reparations, I've just set up a task force to determine what each and every Black Californian is eligible to receive!"

Hopefully, Newsom's deceitful tactics will be communicated through Black America culture, and used as a guide on how NOT to be suckered.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Winston Churchill said that we can count on the Americans to do the right thing once they have tried everything else. I guess CA is still at the stage of still trying.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I am more concerned with the Locusts leaving that state for other states, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas go more blue

Arizona and New Mexico and Nevada are now Blue.

The proof?: They voted for a Democrat with Dementia to lead our nation....their nation.

edit on 5/13/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cris23
Winston Churchill said that we can count on the Americans to do the right thing once they have tried everything else. I guess CA is still at the stage of still trying.

Naw.
They quit trying a LONG time ago .
Too much like work .

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Not blue right now but headed that way but I also think there is some GOP or Rino #ery involved also

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Arizona and New Mexico and Nevada are now Blue.

The proof?: They voted for a Democrat with Dementia to lead our nation....their nation.

Regarding Arizona
Here is some info with the satanic community regarding anarchist's and antifa types separating from the Satanic church in California and establishing the Satanic temple in Phoenix Arizona because they couldn't co-op the satanic movement in this country.
So they established the satanic temple and now drew membership out to Portland and Seattle types, militant antifa, militant transgender members now all moved to Arizona. And all use the slogan 2a Rights are for everyone. All Under the disguise of using firearms to fight capitalism and taking your fire arms once they achieved their goals.

That is the people moving to Arizona

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Perhaps, and I can only hope, that when this goes bust, the black voters will FINALLY see the light.

I expect a few local riots to kick off, but let's hope not. Compensative looting I imagine will be widespread.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Why do I Sense this Pandering to the Afro American Community there in Commiefornia is being Blatantly Overtly Racist in it's Use of Money to Cull Political Favor ?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Evidently they've found a new way to keep the black community down and in depression, with a victim mindset.

Reparations are NOT owed to this generation. Whites were slaves too, all over the world. Where is my reparations?

Stop feeding into this divisive subject! They're purposefully dividing white people from black people AGAIN by reminding the black community how oppressive us evil whites were - even though it wasn't our generation (and whites ended slavery).....

This will just build more resentment as now whitey is holding back economic freedom again...... Its so stupid all of this.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Guys you know this is never going to happen, is all a political bait for votes, first it still not approved by the state, second it any money is even approved it will take decades to give away, third realistically nobody will be receiving 1m dollars or even close.

Back to the beginning, is not going to happen.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They may have over played this one.

They do not really have enough Republicans there to blame for "stopping it".

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I want death benefits paid out coz my great,great,great ,great cousins,brothers friend fought for the North.

Compounded interest for 158 year years comes out to $750 billion dollars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join