It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New details on 9/11 revealed court documents suggest CIA, Saudi Intelligence knew of 2 hijackers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
New details on the 9/11 attacks revealed in court documents | Redacted with Clayton Morris

Have started to listen to Redacted occasionally, and sometimes they have excellent coverage and sometimes they seem to oversell positions. Im in between on this so far it could be somewhat important and strangely absolutely no MSM is reporting this. I liked one comment where it was suggested the CIA hid information from the FBI because the CIA was operating domestically which they aren't exactly supposed to be doing. Indications the CIA and a Saudi Intelligence agent were in touch with two of the hijackers.

70,515 views Apr 22, 2023 #redacted #claytonmorris #natalimorris
A recent court filing suggests that two 9/11 hijackers were working with the CIA. This comes from Donald Canestraro, a veteran of the DEA and investigator for the Office of Military Commissions. Canestraro details how two 9/11 attackers were both connected to the CIA and Saudi intelligence. In fact, when the FBI attempted to monitor the two men, they were told that it was not their case or jurisdiction.
This is an important story that has received close to no media coverage of course.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. Bin Laden had ties to the CIA, albeit, assumed severed if he had such disdain for America.

And he was on the radar for the initial attempt in the early 90’s. It wouldn’t be surprising if the CIA was trying to infiltrate his organization before 9/11, but kept that on the down low since they didn’t prevent it.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

" New details on 9/11 revealed court documents suggest CIA, Saudi Intelligence knew of 2 hijackers "

Hmm... Who did you Think Taught them to Fly a Commercial Jet ?

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Long before 911 I read an article about GHW entertaining the Bin Laden family at his ranch, complete with pictures. That's when I started doing a deep dive into the Bush family.

The Bush and bin Laden families have a long history of business dealings, while Osama himself apparently did a complete about-face, as he once collected his paycheck from the CIA, working on behalf of the United States and their interests.

When the name bin Laden is mentioned today, the first thing that comes to most people’s minds would be terrorism—particularly against the United States. Similarly, George Bush (the father or the son) evokes images of each man’s time as president of the United States. In the case of George W. Bush, his time in the White House came during the 9/11 attacks.However, there are many connections other than the obvious one mentioned above. The Bush and bin Laden families have a long history of business dealings, while Osama himself apparently did a complete about-face, as he once collected his paycheck from the CIA, working on behalf of the United States and their interests. While some of the following links between the Bushes and the bin Ladens are likely to be mere coincidences, they are intriguing, to say the very least. Here are ten examples of connections, be they direct or through mutual associates, between two of the most famous families on the planet.

[listverse.com...]

There was also proof GHW was in Dealey Plaza that fateful day,, which he denied until photo evidence turned up then suddenly 'remembered'.

Much of the family history has benn erased from the web, but there is still plenty there to make you go Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

i don't think this is really something new. i seem to recall that The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, or better known as the 9-11 Commission said in their report that the CIA knew about the plot and didn't share the information fully or at all with the FBI. something to do with the way the agencies worked independently then.

i always thought and believed that the terrorists did do the act, but they didn't pay for it.

yeah here is a lame stream media report from 2003

July 24, 2003 -- If San Diego FBI agent Steven Butler had known what the CIA knew about possible terror attacks, he may have had the best chance to stop the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers, investigators told ABCNEWS.
CIA Didn't Share Info About 9/11 Hijackers

the article also mentions two terrorist that they were "watching".

The CIA had tracked Alhamzi and Al-Midhar to California after the men were photographed at an al Qaeda planning meeting in Malaysia in January 2000 where, it was later determined, terrorists were plotting the attack on the USS Cole. Alhamzi and Al-Midhar then moved to San Diego, where the FBI could have monitored them. The two future hijackers actually rented rooms in the house of one of Butler's informants, Abdussattar Shaikh, a leader at the local mosque, who also helped get them a computer and a car.

edit on 22-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Irony of ironies... the CIA's compartmentalization of the information and the subsequent ignorance of the FBI about it all was used partially as justification for the creation of the DHS... the new "contractor clearing house" of military/government outsourcing of national security efforts... some might say much to our detriment.

This, as some have noticed, is not exactly a breaking "journalistic discovery" ... so I wonder why bring it up now?

Perhaps because of the players... and their immediate usefulness in political theater? It certainly can't be about justice... we already know they have no interest in that.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Yea, but we never had all these details, as well as this now is corroborative evidence for Canestraro's earlier claims. Here's an excellent article from First Post.

on a side note Id been lurking on ATS for while, but never joined, until some of the reverberations from 9/11 started to hit. IIRC one of the first threads I posted in was about 9/11 inconsistencies. Let's just say at the time I was rather dismissive of anything but the official narrative. Everybody learns at thier own pace.

9/11 pilots who rammed planes into Twin Towers were CIA agents?

www.msn.com...

New Delhi: Uncensored documents from the Guantanamo Military Commission which is handling the cases of defendants accused of carrying out the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centre in New York have seemingly revealed that the attackers were CIA agents.

According to a Russia Today report, the original version of the papers was made public through a Guantanamo Bay court docket, but it was entirely redacted.

Later, uncensored copies were obtained by independent researchers, who revealed that the papers documented account of Don Canestraro, a former DEA agent who was appointed as the principal investigator for the commission.

Canestro was primarily asked by defendants’ attorneys to investigate possible Saudi Arabia government’s involvement in the 9/11 attacks.

He reportedly found that two of the hijackers were under close CIA surveillance, and it’s possible that the agency hired them long before they carried out the attacks.

Until March 2022, when a large number of FBI records were declassified at the White House’s request, those shocking details were kept from the public’s gaze.

Activities of Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar in the 18 months preceding the day of 9/11 attacks are one of the numerous persistent mysteries that have not yet been fully clarified more than 20 years later.

Despite being repeatedly recognised by the CIA and NSA as potential Al Qaeda terrorists prior to their arrival into the US in January 2000, the pair entered the country on multiple-entry visas, documents revealed.

They attended an Al Qaeda gathering in Kuala Lumpur just days prior to their arrival, where important decisions regarding the 9/11 attacks are thought to have been made.

The CIA’s Alec Station, a special unit set up to follow Osama bin Laden, requested that Malaysian authorities discreetly picture and record the meeting. Oddly, no audio was recorded.

The documents reveal that one officer named Mark Rossini, who was then a member of Alec Station tried to warn FBI about the two men and the fact that they had multiple entry visa to the US.

“We’ve got to tell the Bureau about this. These guys clearly are bad. One of them, at least, has a multiple-entry visa to the US. We’ve got to tell the FBI,” Mark recalled discussing with his colleagues. “[But the CIA] said to me, ‘No, it’s not the FBI’s case, not the FBI’s jurisdiction.’”

As soon as they arrived, Omar al-Bayoumi, a Saudi national who lives in California, was contacted by Hazmi and Midhar in an airport café.

He co-signed their lease, paid them $1,500 towards their rent, helped them find an apartment in San Diego over the course of the following two weeks, and introduced them to Anwar al-Awlaki, an imam at a nearby mosque.

In 2011, a US drone strike in Yemen resulted in the death of Al-Awlaki.

After 9/11, Operation Encore, an FBI investigation into possible Saudi participation in the attacks, naturally turned its attention to Bayoumi.

He explained that he met Hazmi and Midhar by accident in a 2003 interview with Riyadh-based investigators. He said he overheard them speaking Arabic, realized they couldn’t speak English, and decided to help them out of kindness.

The Bureau came to a quite different conclusion: Bayoumi was a Saudi intelligence agent and a component of a larger militant Wahhabist network operating in the US that dealt with a wide range of potential and real terrorists and kept tabs on anti-Riyadh dissidents’ overseas activities.

The recently made public Guantanamo Military Commission document provides additional insight about Bayoumi’s interactions with Hazmi and Midhar, the CIA’s intense interest in them, their activities during their stay in the US, and their failure to inform the FBI of their presence until late August 2001.

The content strongly implies that the CIA hindered official investigations to hide its infiltration of Al Qaeda based on an examination of classified information maintained by the FBI and Pentagon, as well as interviews with representatives of both agencies.

Next, CS-23 was confident that the CIA utilised Riyadh as a middleman to try to recruit Hazmi and Midhar while avoiding rules forbidding the Agency from conducting espionage activities on US soil by maintaining a liaison connection with the Saudi intelligence services.

Another FBI agent, ‘CS-3,’ who supports this version further asserts that CIA helped Bayoumi with opening a bank account for two hijackers in San Diego. They also got them an apartment on lease, the documents revealed. It was said that at that time Alec Station was getting all the information about Bayoumi.

The fact that this CIA unit was based in the US and manned by analysts struck CS-3 as peculiar considering that case officers skilled in covert operations based overseas are generally in charge of such tasks.

This structure, according to “CS-IO,” was “highly unusual” and made it “nearly impossible” for “Alec Station” to cultivate informants within Al Qaeda from its base, which was located thousands of kilometres away from the nations where Al Qaeda was thought to be active.

CS-23 asserts that senior FBI officials suppressed additional inquiries into the CIA’s relationship with Bayoumi and the recruitment of Hazmi and Midhar in spite of these promising leads, and that Bureau witnesses testifying before the joint Senate and Congressional 9/11 inquiry were under orders not to disclose the full extent of Saudi involvement with Al-Qaeda.

For their side, CS-3 said that, prior to them and their coworkers being questioned by the joint investigation, CIA officials at Alec Station warned them not to fully comply with investigators and that they were aiming to “hang someone” for 9/11.

Canestraro does not draw any inferences as to why, prior to the attacks, the CIA withheld crucial information from the FBI that may have prevented their execution and why, subsequently, the Bureau cooperated with the Agency’s coverup.

Specifically, the Agency was trying to influence and lead an Al Qaeda cell’s operations in order to create terrorism, outside of the usual recruitment routes, as opposed to infiltrating an Al Qaeda cell to prevent terrorism. After discovering such a horrifying conspiracy, the FBI would have been wise to ignore the entire matter.

edit on 22-4-2023 by putnam6 because: error correction additions

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar those two names are in the link i provided,

here i'll show you,

again from the link in my last post and this was in 2003,

Butler had two of the hijackers, Nawaf Alhamzi and Khalid Al-Midhar, under his nose for some 18 months, but neither he, nor anyone in the FBI, was warned by the CIA.

"We know for a fact that that car was used to travel from San Diego to Phoenix, to meet up with Hani Hanjour …, who [was] another pilot who [was] taking flight training," said Jack Cloonan, a former FBI agent who is now an ABCNEWS consultant. "This is a window of opportunity you are seldom presented with."

Hanjour would end up with Alhamzi and Al-Midhar on American Airlines Flight 77, the jet that smashed into the Pentagon shortly after departing from Dulles airport outside Washington.

plus a did you notice the the third name, Hani Hanjour

as i said not really new news.

ETA: the claim that The CIA tried to warn the fbi has been out since then to.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar those two names are in the link i provided,

here i'll show you,

again from the link in my last post and this was in 2003,

Butler had two of the hijackers, Nawaf Alhamzi and Khalid Al-Midhar, under his nose for some 18 months, but neither he, nor anyone in the FBI, was warned by the CIA.

"We know for a fact that that car was used to travel from San Diego to Phoenix, to meet up with Hani Hanjour …, who [was] another pilot who [was] taking flight training," said Jack Cloonan, a former FBI agent who is now an ABCNEWS consultant. "This is a window of opportunity you are seldom presented with."

Hanjour would end up with Alhamzi and Al-Midhar on American Airlines Flight 77, the jet that smashed into the Pentagon shortly after departing from Dulles airport outside Washington.

plus a did you notice the the name third name, Hani Hanjour

as i said not really new news.

ETA: the claim that The CIA tried to warn the fbi has been out since them to.

Read one of my first sentences in the thread

Im in between on this so far it could be somewhat important and strangely absolutely no MSM is reporting this.

First of all the headline of the "New" is from the Redacted video, the new part is the details that were redacted till recently thus the Redacted's headline. It was originally "BOMBSHELL new details on the 9/11 attacks revealed in court documents | Redacted with Clayton Morris" Which has to be truncated to fit here on ATS. Notice I removed the BOMBSHELL part as ATS is full of reactionary azzes that just read headlines and not the content of a thread.

Can you show me anywhere else the details that are in the FIRST POST article, because that is the "new part, those additional details, that add clarity and authenticity? as well as corroborative evidence to what you yourself describe as
"the claim" that's the interesting part to me. I can't recall anywhere that said a Saudi agent paid for the 2 hijackers' first month's rent, could be me but I find that an interesting detail

Respectfully the devil is in the details, is it not?

I literally said Im on the fence as to the importance, but also found the other source First Post's article which again focuses on the operative words here "new details". As well as an absence of American MSM coverage. Ive looked for American MSM's report on the new details. One would think our MSM would atleast find a passing interest in the UNREDACTED new details. Ive found older articles about Mark Rossini and others too, but none with all the DETAILS in the Redacted video and the First Post article.

I did find this circa 2015 which mentions the heavily redacted report and the 28 pages at that time still blacked out pages about the Saudi's involvement

www.newsweek.com...

Updated | Mark Rossini, a former FBI special agent at the center of an enduring mystery related to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, says he is "appalled" by the newly declassified statements by former CIA Director George Tenet defending the spy agency's efforts to detect and stop the plot.

Rossini, who was assigned to the CIA's Counterterrorism Center (CTC) at the time of the attacks, has long maintained that the U.S. government has covered up secret relations between the spy agency and Saudi individuals who may have abetted the plot. Fifteen of the 19 hijackers who flew commercial airliners into the World Trade Center towers, the Pentagon, and a failed effort to crash into the U.S. Capitol, were Saudis.

A heavily redacted 2005 CIA inspector general's report, parts of which had previously been released, was further declassified earlier this month. It found that agency investigators "encountered no evidence" that the government of Saudi Arabia "knowingly and willingly supported" Al-Qaeda terrorists. It added that some CIA officers had "speculated" that "dissident sympathizers within the government" may have supported Osama bin Laden but that "the reporting was too sparse to determine with any accuracy such support."

Over 30 pages relating to Saudi Arabia in the report were blacked out. The Obama administration has also refused to declassify 28 pages dealing with Saudi connections to the hijackers in a joint congressional probe of the attacks.

FWIW worth for accuracy Mark Rossini has pleaded not guilty in a bribery case with a governor in Puerto Rico. I also always find it interesting when a former FBI agent is mentioned in multiple news articles some not even related to 9/11 one in Albania and the aforementioned Puerto Rican bribery case.

Mark Rossini sure does get around or it's a small world after all.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

here is a unclassified inspector generals report that has been released for public since 2006. chapters 3 4 5 are where the real meat about who they knew was here and what they were doing and who told who what they were doing.

The OIG completed a 421-page classified version of this report in July 2004. At that time, the OIG provided the report, which was classified at the TOP SECRET/SCI level, to the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (9/11 Commission). The 9/11 Commission used certain information from our report in its final report. In July 2004, we also provided our classified report to certain congressional committees with oversight of the Department of Justice, including the House of Representatives and Senate Committees on the Judiciary, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. At the request of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the OIG has created this 370-page unclassified version of the report. To do so, we worked with the FBI, the CIA, and the NSA to delete classified information from our full report. However, the substance of the report has not changed, and we believe that this unclassified version fairly summarizes the findings of the full report.

A Review of the FBI's Handling of Intelligence Information Related to the September 11 Attacks Special Report (November 2004), Released Publicly June 2006 Office of the Inspector General

as i said, terrorist did the deed, but who was working for who will never be made public nor who paid for it. plus there are reports that little bush knew in Aug it was gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Mohammed Atta, leader of the 9/11 hijack team , and several others lived and trained in the area around Sarasota Florida
It was here that took flying lessons and practiced martial arts to prepare for the hijackings. Atta also was in contact with a prominent Saudi who lived in a gated community .

In August 2001 the Saudi and his family bugged out - many have speculated on his knowledge of the plot and his ties to the Saudi government Was he a go between for Saudi intelligence and Bin Laden - keeping tabs on the group , maybe even funneling money to them

Abdulazzi al-Hijji and his wife, Anoud, and some small children lived in the upscale gated community of Prestancia in a three-bedroom home owned by Anoud’s father, Esam Ghazzawi, an interior decorator and financier who owned several properties in the United States. His wife, Deborah, was also listed as the owner.

Two weeks before the terrorist attacks, the family vanished, met up with Anoud’s father in Virginia and together they flew to Saudi Arabia. They had apparently left in a hurry, according to a senior administrator and security officer at Prestancia. After the attacks, the property’s security officer, also an adviser to the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office, had a gut feeling about the family’s sudden departure. Another Prestancia neighbor also sensed something suspicious and contacted the FBI

www.tampabay.com...
edit on 22-4-2023 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2023 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Am I the only one that remembers that bin laden immediately denied involvement of any kind then suddenly went from clearly close to death, scrawny with a white beard to a fat black guy with a black beard and obviously not sick (and claiming full responsibility)? Or the leaked documents showing he died in a CIA field hospital in November or December of 2001 because he was known by that point to be a full on CIA operative? Or his last will and testament being published by several different newspapers at the time? 22 years has made a lot of people forget a lot of things that came out.

It's my personal belief that he knew his life was ending sooner than later and the full extent of his involvement was "yeah sure, pin it on me, I'll be dead soon anyway." In the last videos of him that were actually him it was clear that he couldn't even coordinate the wiping of his own ass.

As for the mentions of the bin laden family and bush family, that's hardly a revelation. Osama's brother and HW had a breakfast meeting on 9/11. HW and Osama's brother were guests of honor later in the day and on the previous day at a Carlyle Group business meeting at the Ritz Carlton. Their ties go back AT LEAST to the 70s. Rich people and oil.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
Am I the only one that remembers that bin laden immediately denied involvement of any kind then suddenly went from clearly close to death, scrawny with a white beard to a fat black guy with a black beard and obviously not sick (and claiming full responsibility)? Or the leaked documents showing he died in a CIA field hospital in November or December of 2001 because he was known by that point to be a full on CIA operative? Or his last will and testament being published by several different newspapers at the time? 22 years has made a lot of people forget a lot of things that came out.

It's my personal belief that he knew his life was ending sooner than later and the full extent of his involvement was "yeah sure, pin it on me, I'll be dead soon anyway." In the last videos of him that were actually him it was clear that he couldn't even coordinate the wiping of his own ass.

As for the mentions of the bin laden family and bush family, that's hardly a revelation. Osama's brother and HW had a breakfast meeting on 9/11. HW and Osama's brother were guests of honor later in the day and on the previous day at a Carlyle Group business meeting at the Ritz Carlton. Their ties go back AT LEAST to the 70s. Rich people and oil.

No, you aren't alone if you do a search function or check out the archives here on the relevant years, you will see it was discussed right here in this forum.

It's just more supporting evidence when something thats have been redacted for so long finally gets unredacted, verifying the earlier stories

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

here is a unclassified inspector generals report that has been released for public since 2006. chapters 3 4 5 are where the real meat about who they knew was here and what they were doing and who told who what they were doing.

The OIG completed a 421-page classified version of this report in July 2004. At that time, the OIG provided the report, which was classified at the TOP SECRET/SCI level, to the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (9/11 Commission). The 9/11 Commission used certain information from our report in its final report. In July 2004, we also provided our classified report to certain congressional committees with oversight of the Department of Justice, including the House of Representatives and Senate Committees on the Judiciary, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. At the request of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the OIG has created this 370-page unclassified version of the report. To do so, we worked with the FBI, the CIA, and the NSA to delete classified information from our full report. However, the substance of the report has not changed, and we believe that this unclassified version fairly summarizes the findings of the full report.

A Review of the FBI's Handling of Intelligence Information Related to the September 11 Attacks Special Report (November 2004), Released Publicly June 2006 Office of the Inspector General

as i said, terrorist did the deed, but who was working for who will never be made public nor who paid for it. plus there are reports that little bush knew in Aug it was gonna happen.

Nothing like a little light reading of a 421-page government treatise... but I'll give it look-see, if nothing else it may help me sleep.

FWIW In a cursory first look Im pretty sure it mentioned classified and redacted information right in the TOC

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I know, it just seems like every time this whole thing comes up due to new evidence (or someone thinking they have a new thought on it or for whatever other reason) there are a few people that pop in and throw around info that most of us have known for 2 decades like it's something new.

It's a little frustrating, I know I spent years obsessing over this looking at anything and everything I could find. I have saved pages and screenshots of things that were scrubbed from the Internet over a decade ago. I remember sitting in front of my crappy Gateway PC for hours waiting for the release of the Pentagon "footage" that ended up being a few potato quality frames. I dunno. It's just irritating I suppose.

And holy hell, don't get me started on the teenagers and kids in their early 20s trying to say WE'RE the ones helping spread misinformation because apparently the entire thing never even happened. I think that beats out flat earth in my list of "well I'm just going to have to stop you there because I'm actually getting dumber listening to this."
edit on 4/22/23 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

To the point: we knew...all of the Intel in the beginning told us all but 2 hijackers were Saudi. We knew that day....I'm positive letter agencies reviewed them coming in, taking flight classes etc. We knew. They knew.

We ..they/them...ALLOWED 911 to happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
In this rabbit hole, Tore Says is one recommending to check out who actually approved the visa's for the alleged hijackers. Sounds like their first application was rejected until John Brennen intervened.

I cannot prove this beyond reasonable doubt, as for one approach looks like a path.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm still curious about who handled the expedited departure of the Bin Laden family from the US. You know...by airplane...when EVERYTHING was grounded??

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

The official story is that they left without Whitehouse intervention on 9/19. In reality the original manifests said 9/12 and 9/13 and there was more than enough evidence the Bush administration handled all of it including a meetup of several other family members that weren't in the immediate area at Reagan.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

15 of 19 hijackers were Saudi - the State Department which handles visas waived through applications from Saudi because they thought that

Saudi Arabia was rich - people coming from there were not likely to overstay visa and become illegal immigrants

Dont not want to annoy Saudi Arabia by rejecting visa application

On visa applications supposed to write reason you want to travel here and give location(s) where you will be visiting

The applications from the Saudi participants read like they were written by a retarded 6 year old with incomplete and missing data as to why they were here

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join