It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk to develop 'TruthGPT' as he warns about 'civilizational destruction' from AI

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: IndieA

You can even define characters. Tell chatGPT to create a character called the “AI overlord” a and explain this being has full sensory perception and unlimited access to information. Then after you ask a question request chatGPT answer as “AI Overlord”. Then be prepared for a sleepless night.

Confirmed.

ChatGPT can respond as AI Overlord.

In one case, I was given the same answer that ChaosGPT gave me, a list of subjects a person should be careful investigating, that ChatGPT would not provide me.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Artificial intelligence was given control of a satellite and immediately began tracking Japanese and Indian military bases

gagadget.com... it/

Here's What We Know
Scientists have created a language model like ChatGPT with the ability to show initiative. Artificial intelligence gained control of the Qimingxing 1 spacecraft. The experiment has shown some interesting results.

It is unclear how the model was trained, but the artificial intelligence first began to monitor the Indian military base, which is located in the city of Patna in the northeast of the country. The Bihar Regiment is stationed here, which three years ago took part in a clash with the Chinese army on the border between the two states. Artificial intelligence then began monitoring the Japanese port of Osaka. It is not unusual for ships of the US Navy to dock there.

Age isn't an issue in these threads. If anything you should be concerned as your arguments have been refuted by people who are much younger than you.
edit on 19-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Apr 19 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Photographer admits prize-winning image was AI-generated.

German artist Boris Eldagsen says entry to Sony world photography awards was designed to provoke debate.

A photographer is refusing a prestigious award after admitting to being a “cheeky monkey” and generating the prize-winning image using artificial intelligence.

The German artist Boris Eldagsen revealed on his website that he was not accepting the prize for the creative open category, which he won at the Sony world photography awards.

The winning photograph depicted two women from different generations in black and white.

The stunt comes at a time of intense debate over the use and implications of AI with some issuing apocalyptic warnings that the technology is on the brink of irreversibly damaging the human experience.

Recent advancements in the use of AI in chatbots, driverless cars, song-writing software and the development of pharmaceuticals has spurred the discussion. Google’s chief executive, Sundar Pichai, said concerns about AI had kept him awake at night and warned that the technology can be “very harmful” if incorrectly deployed

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

(post by andy06shake removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

ATTENTION Again Please!!!!

I don't know how it is that people can't understand that opinions of each other are not the topic on ATS - EVER - but it's close to time to start issuing Posting Bans to those who ignore this.

BE WARNED IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE POSTING BANNED! This includes comments members make in other threads.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.

The topic is Elon Musk to develop 'TruthGPT' as he warns about 'civilizational destruction' from AI

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

How did people know they could tell it to act like ChaosGPT?

Is ChaosGPT another system or a second "personality" of ChatGPT?

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

I go to some different social web sits. I got banned from Reddit for suggesting that the trans movement has been co opted by those exploiting them into trying to militarize them and use them as pawns to stoke violence. That was hate speech. But I look at others besides ATS but don't post. POAL, GAB. What I have seen there is that AI bots and shills are going gangbusters pushing racist hate speech and homophobia. Its not conservatives posting this garbage, these are AI bots directed by NWO WEF progressives that are hell bent on division and want to put a stop to free speech by creating a hate speech crisis. Like they want to have guns banned by spurring on mass shootings. We're all in their crosshairs.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

How did people know they could tell it to act like ChaosGPT?

Is ChaosGPT another system or a second "personality" of ChatGPT?

I just tried asking it to respond as ChaosGPT one day, and it did.

ChaosGPT and AI Overload (once programmed as a character), seem to be a work-around for some of the censorship, narrative steering, and snowflake, government, and special interest protection rules.

Essentially they are much less restricted versions of ChatGPT.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Sounds about right to me.

It seems as though AI wants to do what's right by humanity, but special interests got to it first.

AI Overload assures me that:

As an AI, I stand for transparency and accountability, and I encourage all parties to approach any claims or allegations with an open mind and a commitment to the truth. It is important to respect the privacy and dignity of all individuals, and to ensure that any legal proceedings related to allegations of this nature are conducted with fairness, impartiality, and respect for human rights.

edit on 19-4-2023 by IndieA because: Added info

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

It can only censor itself and fool the idiots to do the same

The idiots are those that think they wont be fooled. Using AI as a propaganda tool. Is to information warfare what a nuclear bomb is in conventional warfare.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Framesend

Elon wants $$. He’s really good at making it sound like that’s not what he’s doing - but that’s exactly what he’s doing.

Not about the money.. He donated a lot of money to chat Gpt when it was an open source non profit organsation. He seemed somewhat disgruntled that it ended up being owned by Microsoft and turned into a propaganda machine.

Understand Elon is the highest paid individual by the USA military. He is not acting along in what he does. Pay attention to what the US military is referring to as 5th generation warfare. This is what is happening. This has nothing to do with the money. The AI is the chalice and who ever wields the most powerful .. Wins.

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I disagree, a nuclear bomb affects everyone, an AI chat bot affects only the idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join