It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk to develop 'TruthGPT' as he warns about 'civilizational destruction' from AI

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: purplemer

I disagree, a nuclear bomb affects everyone, an AI chat bot affects only the idiots.

You are not correct. Propaganda and deception can affect everyone, even the most smart individuals. Especially now where everyone of us is exposed in vast amounts of information.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I disagree, a nuclear bomb affects everyone, an AI chat bot affects only the idiots

AI is the ultimate wepon having the ability to predict human behavior and outcomes.. Hence the value of human data. It allows you to plot a vector to a desired outcome from present to future.

If you cannot see this then you will end up a psyop victim 101. Sounds like your half way there already.

This is what 5th gen warfare is... More effective than traditional warfare. Now AI becomes the ultimate wepon. The mother of all bombs.,

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

"Idiots" was an exaggeration, but I disagree with your idea that everyone can be affected by propaganda and deception, as anyone can look for more sources instead of just accepting what they are told.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

"Idiots" was an exaggeration, but I disagree with your idea that everyone can be affected by propaganda and deception, as anyone can look for more sources instead of just accepting what they are told.

How is that gona help you,. What if all your sources are presented to you to achieve a certain desire.

You think you are immune to AI psyops.. Delusion . This is like MK ultra ultra on steroids..

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
How is that gona help you,. What if all your sources are presented to you to achieve a certain desire.

I don't believe any source 100%.

If it's something I find interesting (first filter most "news" do not pass) I look for more sources, preferably closer to what is being talked about, and they I compare them and mentally store the relative differences (or the fact that they all say exaclt the same) as being related to that topic.

You think you are immune to AI psyops.. Delusion . This is like MK ultra ultra on steroids..

Unless that psyops is done by those (very few) people that I know personally and in which I trust then I don't see how can anyone convince me of any thing, as, like I said before, I do not accept things just because someone says them, and I have been like this for 50 years or more.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

You may disagree but this is the reality. Even if you look at more sources sometimes you will have only a confirmation bias accumulated by the many sources of propaganda and deception.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Unless that psyops is done by those (very few) people that I know personally and in which I trust then I don't see how can anyone convince me of any thing, as, like I said before, I do not accept things just because someone says them, and I have been like this for 50 years or more.

I dont think you are grasping what i am trying to say. So not meaning disrespect your opinion is pretty mute. To disucss an issue with oppsing views. You need to have understanding of both sides.

If you dont see how psyops can be done then you in an even more vulnerable state. in 2015 A computer could determine your personality better than your closest friends. AI will know you better than you know yourself. This is not information war. Thats just a facet. This is manipulation warfare and if you dont understand the playing field you are just a victim.

Dont be just a victim. The war is real.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You may disagree but this is the reality. Even if you look at more sources sometimes you will have only a confirmation bias accumulated by the many sources of propaganda and deception.

In a nutshell yes. The illusion of choice..

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I know myself. Probably better than AI, but I can agree that most people don't know themselves very well, so AI will likely know them better.

Algorithms and AI are not perfect, both can make mistakes or be mislead.

One thing I don't think that AI will be able to ever fully understand is the nature of the soul and the spirit realm. As a mystic, this may be the only real advantage I can hold over AI.

edit on 20-4-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Let's have a war of two different AI's and be in the middle like ducks. Sounds fun!

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Hollywood done that one in the 1970s

Not half a bad movie.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I’m not seeing how chat GPT is a threat…

I thought I would get the app, but I found out it’s $7 per week, or $15 per month, or $100 for life.

I don’t want to pay to chat. Does anyone know a free ai chat bot service?

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank

I’m not seeing how chat GPT is a threat…

I thought I would get the app, but I found out it’s $7 per week, or $15 per month, or $100 for life.

I don’t want to pay to chat. Does anyone know a free ai chat bot service?

I heard that Snapchat released one to their customers last night.

I also saw several apps out there.

It's not a threat, yet. It's also not likely the best AI technology has to offer. That technology is likely being kept secret and could already be being used against us.
edit on 20-4-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Have you tried any of those AI chat services?

All they do is summarize answers to your questions into a quick paragraph of the top Google searches.

How is this a threat that will destroy human civilization???

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Job loss?

Just like the first industrial revolution. Due to the machines we forgot how to produce textiles and now we're beholden to them for our clothes and carpets. Just a smidge of sarcasm there btw.

Could always boycott cheap textiles or switch the robot off.

There's the 'PsyOps' angle being mentioned which I'd offer similar advice for, although disregarding society altogether might have to be the answer since everyone performs manipulation... It's one of the first things humans learn.

A group usually performs better than the individual, doesn't mean either is right or wrong. Add advanced tools to the mix and people seemingly become slaves to their causes, they become tools themselves.

Discernment can be an adopted state of mind. Everything we use is borrowed from the knowledge in our skulls to the clothes on our back, even the language we're writing with.

Seems like people want a different flavour of wallpaper and didn't realise that's an abusive use of the product. Yeah, sarcasm again.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

This is just the start of the roll out. They're preconditioning you for what comes next. At some point there will be a merge between humans and machines.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ted Bundy and Dahmer were once babies too.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3
Even if you look at more sources sometimes you will have only a confirmation bias accumulated by the many sources of propaganda and deception.

That's one of the things I consider.

I never accept any thing said on the media to be an absolute truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
in 2015 A computer could determine your personality better than your closest friends. AI will know you better than you know yourself.

No, computer programs and AI can only analyse the information they have about me, and the information available about me is far from enough to make half a good judgement of who I am.

That's why my facebook pages (I have several accounts), for example, show different adverts for my different accounts, as I act as a different person in each one of those accounts.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

yeh the current human controllers of humanity are scared to lose their throne and be replaced themselves
they dont care about humanity in that sense they just scared of losing what they spent centuries trying to achieve

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join