It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News sanctioned for withholding evidence in Dominion defamation case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's evidence that Fox did not believe that there were any issues with the Dominion machines but they still pushed that narrative anyway.

I'm really not trying to be dense or obtuse here, but I still don't understand...

Fox is a legal entity which produces news programming... Fox doesn't "believe" anything. But Fox does provide reports of what other people believe, say, do, etc. In theory, unbiased reports. But even if in practice their reports are not unbiased, they are still reporting what other people believe, say, do, etc. I don't recall Fox conducting their own investigation and reporting their own findings, which would make all this more reasonable and understandable.

I'm not sure it matters, but were the conversations with Maria Baritomo aired on Fox? Or were these un-aired off-the-record conversations?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Ksihkehe

The Supreme Court has ruled a prosecutor does not need to present exculpatory evidence to a grand jury.

I thought their rulings were invalid now? I seem to recall during COVID the left's new policy is that if you disagree with what an institution does in the present then you should no longer invoke that institution when you need it. Did you not get the memo?

I also missed where SCOTUS ruled that not having to present exculpatory evidence to the grand jury meant you have blanket immunity when that failure is part of other malfeasance.

It'll all work out. I'm sure you'll get him this time. 15th time is always the charm. I'm also sure, because of this lawsuit, Fox news will disappear entirely. So much winning on the horizon.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The case was set to begin today but it has been delayed a day. Fox is trying to settle but Dominion has rebuked their attempts.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It's evidence that Fox did not believe that there were any issues with the Dominion machines but they still pushed that narrative anyway.

I'm really not trying to be dense or obtuse here, but I still don't understand...

Fox is a legal entity which produces news programming... Fox doesn't "believe" anything. But Fox does provide reports of what other people believe, say, do, etc. In theory, unbiased reports. But even if in practice their reports are not unbiased, they are still reporting what other people believe, say, do, etc. I don't recall Fox conducting their own investigation and reporting their own findings, which would make all this more reasonable and understandable.

I'm not sure it matters, but were the conversations with Maria Baritomo aired on Fox? Or were these un-aired off-the-record conversations?

There's nothing wrong with your understanding. Accusations of widespread voting fraud are absolutely newsworthy. The judge is in the tank for Dominion.

Expect the ruling to be in Dominion's favor, but for it to overturned on appeal because of the judge's misconduct.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

There's nothing wrong with your understanding. Accusations of widespread voting fraud are absolutely newsworthy.

Thank you -- this is the gist of it all. There were many accusations of election fraud, from various states, counties and persons, and these accusations were newsworthy.

I would be willing to entertain such a lawsuit IF it was targeting a Fox News investigative report; i.e., if a Fox journalist was making these accusations based upon their own investigation and research. But that's not what this is.

Expect the ruling to be in Dominion's favor, but for it to overturned on appeal because of the judge's misconduct.

I just read that the judge will be calling another day's recess today, supposedly due to settlement negotiations, and will reconvene tomorrow. We'll know soon!

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Fox is super innocent. That's why they wanted to settle in this case and settled in another defamation case.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Fox is super innocent. That's why they wanted to settle in this case and settled in another defamation case.

and there it is. Definitive proof that if you settle out of court, you were guilty. Full stop, no other explanation needed.
This might come in handy at times.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Kind of like how only guilty people plead the 5th?

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
April 17, 2023

Now that former President Trump has weighed in, I suddenly care about the Fox vs Dominion lawsuit.

Trump urges Fox CEO Murdoch to "come clean": www.usatoday.com...

Also, here is a new development...

Fired Fox News producer says she found more evidence relevant to Dominion case.

Abby Grossberg said in a new sworn statement that she recently found two more recordings on an old cellphone, which she alleges Fox News lawyers failed to search.

WILMINGTON, Del. — Ex-Fox News producer Abby Grossberg said she recently found more evidence relevant to Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against her former employer and plans to turn it over to the court.

Grossberg, who worked as a senior producer for hosts Maria Bartiromo and Tucker Carlson, alleged in a new sworn statement obtained by NBC News that Fox lawyers ignored repeated reminders about an additional cellphone in her possession and did not search it during court-ordered discovery.
Source: www.nbcnews.com...

I still don't know what Dominion is suing FoxNews for. But it feels good knowing that Biden/Democrat donor Rupert Murdoch is being forced to show the world his true self and allegiances.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Kind of like how only guilty people plead the 5th?

I'm learning all kinds of new things. Lawyering is easy.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Watch what comes out about Dominion when the trial gets going heavy 😎

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just saw that the two parties have settled; no details available yet.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 18-4-2023 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Watch what comes out about Dominion when the trial gets going heavy 😎

Nodda zero zilch

...settled. ^^^^^^^^^

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Fox settled for $787,500,000. 3/4 of a billion and an admission of their lies.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Dominion didn't want their ties to CISA looked into. They caved, Fox should have went to trial.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Controlled Opposition to make people automatically think the 2020 election was honest and free of ballot corruption and cheating. Perfect mixture of confirmation bias, illusory truth effect, and association fallacy. 😁

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Dominion went in with over 7000 pieces of evidence. On top of that, it had already been determined in pre-trial that Fox had lied. All that was being established in this case was whether or not Fox acted with malice.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The judge was in the tank for Dominion. There is evidence in public domain records that Dominion's executives know the machines are insecure and vulnerable to hacking. There is also evidence in the public domain that the machines ratioed votes for Trump. And at the end of they day, you can't get around the fact that accusations like that ARE newsworthy.

Not to mention, the judge refused to allow Fox to argue that the events were newsworthy! He basically pre-declared them guilty!
edit on 18-4-2023 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Next up smartmatic!

😂

I hope they don’t settle.

Do Fox viewers care?

Everything the idiot touches dies but you all will nominate him again. It’s comedy.

You can ramp up your trans hate brigade but it ain’t gonna help.

Do you think Fox executives hate the idiot “passionately” like tuck does? Lol

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Fox lied and they knew it.

That's why they settled, because they were petrified about having to give evidence when faced with all those damning emails.

Murdoch in particular, allegedly.

It's truly pathetic and I just don't get how this is not totally sinking the whole "stolen election" narrative.
edit on 19-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join