It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas bans transgender athletes from women’s sports as Legislature overrides Kelly’s veto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

When Kansas high schools and colleges return for the fall semester next year, transgender athletes will no longer be eligible to compete in girls or women’s sports.

The Kansas House and Senate each voted Wednesday to override Democratic Gov. Laura Kelly’s third veto of a bill banning anyone who was assigned male at birth from competing in girls and women’s sports.

In a major defeat for Kelly and the LGBTQ rights movement, the House voted 84 to 40 and the Senate voted 28 to 12 Wednesday to override the governor’s veto and enact the ban after minimal debate. The votes were just under four hours apart

LGBTQ activists have called the bill a discriminatory act that targets vulnerable youth. While supporters say it ensures fairness.

Kansas bans transgender athletes from women’s sports as Legislature overrides Kelly’s veto

Common sense and sanity seems to prevail for once more! Well done to the State of Kansas for wanting to preserve common sense and fairness when it comes to female sports.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's good they passed it.

It's incredibly sad and disturbing that they needed to.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
notice how its not banning trans men going into boy/men sports.

Its a self filtering situation, hence the natural difference between the sexes.

How many legs do they have, its not a spectrum

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Whats disturbing is men in drag going into the womens bathroom.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets

Whats disturbing is men in drag going into the womens bathroom.

Or into schools to teach kids there are 72 different genders and each kid in the future could end up being one of these genders. Or even more!

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

They have to legislate given that common sense or even science are not necessarily what is accepted in our society. When a political ideology manifests the way we have all seen in the past decade then legislation is a wise decision.
edit on 6-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Kansas enacts transgender athletes ban as lawmakers override Gov. Laura Kelly veto

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
In sports, trans men are a group that has privilege. So passing this law is justified equity.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Amen to that. Like having to pass a law against sticking a sharp pencil in your eye.

When Biology and common sense are not on your side, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Amen to that. Like having to pass a law against sticking a sharp pencil in your eye.

When Biology and common sense are not on your side, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate.

Very good analogy!

What about those who would argue this law is transphobic and discriminates against this group of people no matter how tiny it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I posted this in another thread but it deserves to be recycled:

In the end, The Incels and misogynists won by simply putting on a wig and claiming THEY were women! Not only women but SPECIAL women that regular women cannot talk badly about.

LOL. Who would have thought they could achieve such a feat and that women would willingly bow before them and honor them for doing it (or be in fear of speaking out to defend themselves). I wonder if the guys high-five and giggle when they talk about it where nobody else can see or hear.

Dude, I got her scholarship and beat her world record... LOL

What does it mean when a person is misogynist?

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women. It is a form of sexism that is used to keep women at a lower social status than men, thus maintaining the social roles of patriarchy.

Take That!

terfisaslur.com...
edit on 6-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

Very good analogy!

What about those who would argue this law is transphobic and discriminates against this group of people no matter how tiny it is.

that tiny little group needs to have it's own category so trans folk can compete with other trans folk. Long ago we separated men from women with regard to sports, I can't help but think it was done for a reason. Trans people should be able to compete in whatever sport they wish, just as the huge majority of non trans people do.

I wish to join a sorority so I can take part in the naked pillow fights. they told me I was a man, and cannot join. How is that different? They discriminated on me, and not the fun way.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Very good analogy!

that tiny little group needs to have it's own category so trans folk can compete with other trans folk. Long ago we separated men from women with regard to sports, I can't help but think it was done for a reason. Trans people should be able to compete in whatever sport they wish, just as the huge majority of non trans people do.

I wish to join a sorority so I can take part in the naked pillow fights. they told me I was a man, and cannot join. How is that different? They discriminated on me, and not the fun way.

I still think that transwomen should be taking part in male sports and vice versa. But I see your point. I am not quite sure about a special category as there is nothing special about trans people generally speaking and they should not have any privileges imo.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

They have to legislate given that common sense or even science are not necessarily what is accepted in our society. When a political ideology manifests the way we have all seen in the past decade then legislation is a wise decision.

Which is both sad and disturbing.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

like a biological male MMA fighter "changing genders" and competing against women, and killing several while in the ring. That scenario is totally possible and unfortunately the likely last step before someone with a few brain cells to rub together realizes this is wrong. Men are built differently than women. It's not up for debate, it just is.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
notice how its not banning trans men going into boy/men sports.

Its a self filtering situation, hence the natural difference between the sexes.

How many legs do they have, its not a spectrum

By "trans men" I assume that you actually mean women who suffer from mental illness causing them to believe themselves to be male. That are not men in any way, in any cosmos.

No, that won't even be necessary. While there are a few instances of a woman outdoing a man in competition, the very vast majority of times it's the male who outperforms the female. It's due to something called biology, which is a branch of science; not something found in much favor amongst leftists these days.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

like a biological male MMA fighter "changing genders" and competing against women, and killing several while in the ring. That scenario is totally possible and unfortunately the likely last step before someone with a few brain cells to rub together realizes this is wrong. Men are built differently than women. It's not up for debate, it just is.

You mean like this?

(ETA: There you go, appealing to science. Tak-tsk. Facts hurt feelings.)

:
edit on 2023 4 06 by incoserv because: ETA.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

exactly like that. In fact, I wrote that post using the Macho man Randy Savages' voice. Ohhh yeaaa!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The oh sh!t" look on Ms. Woman's face when she meets "Heather." It's amazing what they can do with some simple animation.
:
edit on 2023 4 06 by incoserv because: I could.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join