It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Military Blogger Killed And Six Others Injured In Explosion At St Petersburg Cafe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

One person has been killed and at least six people are injured following an explosion at a cafe in St Petersburg, Russia, state media has reported.

It's believed the individual who died in the blast was well-known Russian military blogger Vladlen Tatarsky.

Looks like this has just happened so will update the story as more information becomes available.

The above picture is Vladlen Tatarsky who perished in the blast.

www.lbc.co.uk... eYgl3EGidEOaoL5xAw5SE
news.sky.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.mirror.co.uk...

RIP to the victim and a speedy recovery to those that have been injured.

Update: Police now say at least 16 people have been injured in the Street Bar Cafe explosion.

It's still not clear who was responsible for the blast.
edit on 2-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What was this war blogger opinions like ? Was he supporting or against the war ?

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

He gained particular notoriety last year after posting a video filmed inside the Kremlin in which he said "We will defeat everyone, we will kill everyone, we will rob everyone as necessary. Just as we like it."

What was this war blogger opinions like ?

By the looks of things, rather aggressive.

Was he supporting or against the war ?

Looks to be pro-Putin.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Oh , sounds quite agressive fellow .

Maybe the resistance taked him out.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

The Mirror article seems to suggest the device was hidden in a statue and presented as a gift which i find rather interesting.

An improvised device the "size of a bar of soap" was blown up near the stage in the Street Bar cafe and reports from interior sources cited by Russia's RIA news agency said the bomb was hidden in a statue presented to the blogger as a gift.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He wasn't anyone important, just a guy talking # like people do on here.

Man, this is getting ugly. I wonder who did it. They were most likely Russian, I doubt Russia is letting any ole body in.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Some video footage of the place afterward.

And what i assume to be what took place before the device exploded where the victim receives the statue/figurine as some sort of gift.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Oh, he seems to have said some horrible things.

Along the lines of promoting Russian Federation forces robbing and killing Ukrainian people as they please.

Aka

We will defeat everyone, we will kill everyone, we will rob everyone as necessary. Just as we like it."

But i don't think it quite justifies him being blown up for his daft-arsed remarks.

That being said this type of terrorist incident perfectly illustrates exactly the kind of thing Russia would have to deal with on a daily basis should they even prevail in any sort of pyrrhic victory where Ukraine is concerned.

And that is the sad ugly part, never mind the plain hard fact of reality.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Oh , sounds quite agressive fellow .

Maybe the resistance taked him out.

Aggressive?

Resistance?

What do you call the way in which he was killed "timid"?

This was a terrorist act. You will likely say it's justified because he's "aggressive" pro-Russian. I say you're a MIC stooge...

Watching people fall for this over and over again is nauseating. Your consent is being manufactured for war. Can you not see this?

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

If you had bothered to read the posts in the thread in their entirety JAY1980 you would see that i plainly state this is a terrorist act in the post above your own.

As to my consent, that's neither here nor there, and i certainly don't support terrorist acts.

Thing is that won't stop them, or change the fact that should Russia prevail in Ukraine, all they would have won is a scenario reminiscent of Ireland on steroids during the times of the troubles and also 9 times the size.

As to the name-calling "MIC stooge" comment, if it's aimed at me i suggest you grow up.

It's a horrible thing to do, presenting people with gifts that explode, especially in a public place, tip of the iceberg though, and indicative of the likes of things to come, should cooler heads not prevail, and an end to the war in Ukraine be brought about.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Damn, Russia is becoming like the US with all the shootings.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

He said it was terrorism, he even wished this POS a RIP which I wouldn't have the decency to offer.

He was an influencer, a coward who who would rather push propaganda than a front line, not that anything about this conflict is noble.

Killing is bad, blowing up restaurants is absolutely disgusting. Wouldn't happen if their wasn't sickos pushing for conflict.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That being said this type of terrorist incident perfectly illustrates exactly the kind of thing Russia would have to deal with on a daily basis should they even prevail in any sort of pyrrhic victory where Ukraine is concerned.

And that is the sad ugly part, never mind the plain hard fact of reality.

Russia is a very rough place, just don't hear about it like we do 24/7 in the US. Cops can beat you to death in the streets or take you in for some heavy interrogation, they don't play around like what we do in the US.

We also need to understand there is a very large faction in Russia that are against the war and see what Russia is doing as criminal. When you look at the areas where Putin is getting his cannon fodder from it isn't the big cities, so just add that on top as to how many Russians really feel about seeing their brothers and sisters in Ukraine die, much the same as their own.

edit on 2-4-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

This was a terrorist act. You will likely say it's justified because he's "aggressive" pro-Russian. I say you're a MIC stooge...

I agree it was an act of terror, but by who? Bet it was Russians... I personally don't justify it, just don't care what happens there, is that wrong?

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm going out on a limb and suggest this guy should NOT accept any presents either...

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Russia has passed a new law meaning citizens who spread what it described as "fake" information about the military can be jailed for up to 15 years.

Yeh, i don't fancy Russia much.

We take our basic human right to freedom and expression somewhat for granted in both our respective nations i suppose.

Saying or doing what's perceived to be the wrong thing over there, be it against the government and Putin's regime, or even the wrong criminal element, and it's not apt to bode well for most.

If in doubt well look at where any and all political opposition to Putin tend to end up, that being poisoned or imprisoned or even both.

Of course, there are good reasonable people in Russia that can see what's going on, but chances are unless they arise in significant numbers and all at once Putin and his ilk would simply have them disappeared or imprisoned if they bother to speak out or say anything controversial.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Some additional video that shows the blast going off.

Apparently, no one has claimed responsibility for the blast yet.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

No doubt this attack was planned well by US and Kiev.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Seems like a desperate attempt while Ukraine is losing Bakhmut.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

No doubt this attack was planned well by US and Kiev.

Im sure that's what the Kremlin would have you repeat.

However, there is always a measure of doubt without actual evidence.

And there seems to be video evidence that apparently shows a lady giving him the figurine that allegedly exploded.

Possibly best to start with her and establish her motives and whereabouts, or anyone else involved in the presentation of the gift, before you start to assign blame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join