It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards open fire after a car ran the gate at Naval Base Coronado

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That was at RTC / NTC San Diego. I went to Boot Camp there. The USS Recruit is still there, the base isn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yep, good point. We were very alert to diversionary tactics. Plus opening fire on a car heading towards us or someone else at speed was permitted. Opening fire on a car that had passed and currently no danger to people, illegal.

About six weeks before I got out of the Navy, I was asked if I would go TAD (Temporary Assigned Duty) ? The idea was to let somebody train up in my spot before the next deployment and to give me time to do things like find a job and a place to live.

My job was to drive a truck between the Base I was assigned to and another nearby Base (not San Diego or North Island)
Because the truck would contain certain items I was armed and I had an armed Marine with me.
One day the Local Police stopped us for nothing and demanded to search the truck. Well the Marine locked and loaded his M-16 / M203 and I did the same. The Police dove behind their car and pulled their weapons. If they would have approached the truck, we were authorized to fire. I got on our radio and they got on theirs, we let our seniors handle it and there was no shooting. When we got to the Base I was actually criticized for NOT opening fire.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Looks like a gorgeous island. Almost looks like an exotic country.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just before I showed up to Navy Hospital San Diego!!
a reply to: JIMC5499

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You gotta be freaking smashed to run that gate. When you come off the bridge you pass through an old toll booth that sorta looks like the sentry gate but...

The Coronado bridge is a strait shot to the gate if you dont turn. But to confuse the North Island entrance with another toll booth (and blow through it) is a different kind of drunk, which is what I assume happened.

Tourists and uber drivers accidentally pull up to it and get yelled at all the time.
edit on 20-3-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join