It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards open fire after a car ran the gate at Naval Base Coronado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This usually doesn''t happen too often. The MP's fired at the car. No injuries. Guy was taken into custody. Guess he wanted a free meal or I think he is a police officer. If true, maybe his claim for SSDI just might get approve.

Naval Base Coronado went into lockdown last night after a car tried to run the gate at the installation, prompting guards to open fire on the vehicle.

After 10 p.m. on Friday, March 17, a car tried to get through the main gate at Naval Air Station North Island, part of the wider Naval Base Coronado. The driver lacked clearance and did not stop or slow down, going through the gate. In response, base guards opened fire on the vehicle, forcing it to stop. The base went into lockdown, closing all of the gates as a result. Base guards took the suspect into custody and arrested by the Coronado Police Department. In addition to trying to breach the base, the driver was booked for driving under the influence.

taskandpurpose.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I mean, there are signs everywhere saying: Caution, strictly forbidden to enter military restricted area, in case of violation firearms will be used and stuff like that.

What else should have happened than the guards firing at the intruder to make him stop? xD

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

This usually doesn''t happen too often. The MP's fired at the car. No injuries.

You are absolutely correct. Maybe they still had too much blood in their alcohol systems..or they need to get to the range .

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

your right, and many have these signs all over the place

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My morning eyes fooled me. I was very confused about a naval base in Colorado for a few seconds.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Now why they were all hyped up about the guy in the car, did anyone see the guy climbing over the fence?

Just asking.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yep, good point. We were very alert to diversionary tactics. Plus opening fire on a car heading towards us or someone else at speed was permitted. Opening fire on a car that had passed and currently no danger to people, illegal.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
My morning eyes fooled me. I was very confused about a naval base in Colorado for a few seconds.

Not to laugh at a bad situation, I first read it at Colorado too.

My favorite base is Coronado. I went through N.J.R.O.T.C there 3 years in a row. As a kid my Uncle was based there.

Spent a lot of time down there.

Best of safety to everyone, hope this gentleman gets the help he needs.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You don't have to climb a fence. Just walk down the beach. I was stationed at North Island in the 80's.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

U.S.S. Neversail? 👍😉

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Nope. Aviation Machinist Mate "A" School and Combat Search and Rescue School. I was there about six months in 82-83.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Soldier open fire but nobody is hurt. Anyone thinking we should send troops to the Ukraine better think about that a little harder.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Driver is lucky that wasn't an Italian base. The Carabinieri guarding those places carry submachine guns.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Soldier open fire but nobody is hurt. Anyone thinking we should send troops to the Ukraine better think about that a little harder.

you know there are many instances of people all over the world, police, soldiers, and civilians, aiming at a moving vehicle's driver and not hitting them.
doesn't mean they can't shoot, just means the drivers are lucky.

edit on 20-3-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Opening fire on a car that had passed and currently no danger to people, illegal.

Not in a restricted area its not. Especially if they just broke red..they will be stopped..one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Nope. Aviation Machinist Mate "A" School and Combat Search and Rescue School. I was there about six months in 82-83.

You have my sincerest respect. (already did)

U.S.S. Recruit is landlocked. Not where I remembered it back in 87, 88 sand 89 but there's a ship that we called the USS Neversail.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I was told they're called the Scarybinieri.

And they can be.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yeah, they point the weapons at vehicles as they approach the control point. Not a place to screw around.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
Opening fire on a car that had passed and currently no danger to people, illegal.

Nope. That's why there's guys with guns at the gate.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

You don't have to climb a fence. Just walk down the beach. I was stationed at North Island in the 80's.

AKA top guns location? lol. It is North Island correct?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join