It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICC issues arrest warrant for Putin over Ukraine war crimes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

THE HAGUE (AP) — The International Criminal Court said on Friday it issued an arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin for war crimes because of his alleged involvement in abductions of children from Ukraine.

The court said in a statement that Putin “is allegedly responsible for the war crime of unlawful deportation of population (children) and that of unlawful transfer of population (children) from occupied areas of Ukraine to the Russian Federation.”

It also issued a warrant Friday for the arrest of Maria Alekseyevna Lvova-Belova, the Commissioner for Children’s Rights in the Office of the President of the Russian Federation, on similar allegations.

ICC issues arrest warrant for Putin over Ukraine war crimes

Does this mean what I think it means?

I got a bad feeling about this one. If there was hope of peace, I think that just went "poof" with this.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm sure he is quaking in his boots. Did the CDC issue an arrest warrant for Bush, Blair and co ?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Sounds like he set up an evacuation program for Ethnic-Russian children and the ICC is setting him up on false charges.

Prove me wrong, I welcome the feedback.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And the warrant for Biden for blowing up Nord Stream, a terrorist act, will be issued....when ?

Oh, right !

That's different.
Biden lets Globalists fudge pack his Ass, so then, terrorism, that's OK !!

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think this is more about using the emotive, it's about abusing the children card to further demonise Putin.

Before you know it he'll be sniffing their hair and having showers with them. Or maybe not as that appears to be absolutely fine nowadays. Pelosi was all about the children too as I recall.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There were 'rumours' that early on, the Spetsnaz targeted specific areas where they believed there were children being held for trafficking.
I read one report from a reputable source that 16 children were found in one. The youngest 7 the eldest a girl aged 14. Three of the children spoke English, one was from France if memory serves. If true, he has leverage.
If Putin has been gathering any information on the West's nefarious involvement in Ukraine, I bet there are some 'hot' phone call's happening. Let's face it, ex-head of the KGB is all about information gathering on the enemy.
I don't believe anything will come of this.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I'm sure he is quaking in his boots. Did the CDC issue an arrest warrant for Bush, Blair and co ?

as long as he is in power, he can feel safe. but in russia things can change very quickly, and then i wouldn't want to be in his boots. time will tell.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sadly, this means nothing. They have no power. If they ask the UN to give authority/jurisdiction ruzzia will simply veto it . . . The crimes will continue . . . the deaths on both sides will continue . . .

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonnez
Sadly, this means nothing. They have no power. If they ask the UN to give authority/jurisdiction ruzzia will simply veto it . . . The crimes will continue . . . the deaths on both sides will continue . . .

factual it means putin can't travel to 123 countries without being arrested.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Weird they didn't have anything to say about Biden murdering 10 civilians including 7 children in Afghanistan with a drone in 2021.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: malte85

I would love to see that, but from what I have read and watched from the news they state that the ICC has no law enforcement personnel and rely on UN member states to conduct the warrant. Further, apparently this has to be voted on by the UN, within which, ruzzia can veto any such action. Have you read something I haven't?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, that is sad and sucks when that happens. So what you are saying is that putin should be arrested because he has killed THOUSANDS of innocent civilians . . . men, women, and children, with indiscriminate artillery, bomb, and missile, strikes on cities throughout Ukraine, as well as being shot and killed by ruzzian soldiers . . . ?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I got a bad feeling about this one. If there was hope of peace, I think that just went "poof" with this.

It is kind of interesting that the richest man in the world is basically under house arrest the rest of his life.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Weird they didn't have anything to say about Biden murdering 10 civilians including 7 children in Afghanistan with a drone in 2021.

Sh!t happens in wars, but there are very define things you can't do. Seems kind of strange, but it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

He can't win for losing.

He transferred them to a safe area, away from fighting, and he's the bad guy.

He leaves them there and one of them get's hurt, and he's the bad guy.

Either way, they're going to trump something up (yes, pun intended), because IMO it's obvious that they only want war.

edit on 3/17/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

No, never by the ICC. There was a country that attempted to put one on the record but it didn't go anywhere. This is the first time in history that a leader of the major 5 nations has had an international arrest warrant placed on them.

There will likely be other charges added over time as investigations continue, but child trafficking and keeping people in internment camps is a good first step. Child trafficking is a big deal on its own and he knew what he was doing when he gave the orders.

Where can he travel now?

China, Syria, Belarus? Any other countries Putin can travel to?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's times like this one that make me wonder if the new website owners are Russian.

The whole website clamps down, threads like this one (major world news) get little attention and get forum slid very quickly.

And it seems like the most frequent posters and propagandists don't engage with real news like this, they usually disappear for a few hours, as if for debriefing, and then they all return together to continue the work with a whole new spin.

Just watch, this MAJOR world news thread will get maybe a quarter of attention of some food post and then it will disappear off the live list. Many nonsensical threads will get made in the meantime in order to slide the real news off.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OK, so the Kremlin has called this "outrageous".
They are not happy with this 'poke the bear' then?
This from Medvedev

Medvedev, who held the top job in the Kremlin between 2008 and 2012 before handing it back to Putin, tweeted: "The International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant against Vladimir Putin. "No need to explain WHERE this paper should be used."

The Mirror
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Should look into baby killer obama's drone strikes he killed millions of children and no one blinked an eye. "Greatest president evvvveerrrr" I think it's 1000% bull# that they think a warrant is going to do anything when they are ALL guilty of the same damn crimes. It's laughable, i'm sorry but I don't see Putin or ANYONE actually complying with this nonsense.

Even leader's of other countries are going to think twice about handing him over, because chances are they are just as 'guilty' as the rest of them when it comes to 'child abuse'(turning kids into medical lab-rats(on land, and over seas) is US-Specialty, I don't see that getting punished either...

If by chance some 'country' manages to arrest him, nukes will fly. Because I am 1000% certain Putin isn't afraid to die for Russia.

But here's another point in question, What about our civilians that got left to die in afghanistan on the bumbling idiots evac orders with zero planning?

Nothing, innocent men/women and children died there too thanks to that idiot in command. I'm sorry but you can't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.. Mr. Fake President

So it's nothing more then a dumb ass gorilla beating on his chest pretending to be king of the jungle.
edit on 30320231231 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

And the warrant for Biden for blowing up Nord Stream, a terrorist act, will be issued....when ?

Oh, right !

That's different.
Biden lets Globalists fudge pack his Ass, so then, terrorism, that's OK !!

maybe if it wasn't russia that blew up their own pipeline.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join