It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING BAD - Another Train Derails Carrying Vinyl Chloride In South Carolina

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

People actually believe this Dutchisense SMH. I have proven him many times to be a snake oil salesman. People who believe his BS have cult like mentality.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ahh, you around the central area?

In the central US, there is a 7-10% chance of a magnitude 7.0 or greater earthquake in the next 50 years.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

In the central US, there is a 7-10% chance of a magnitude 7.0 or greater earthquake in the next 50 years.

That’s because I’ve been taking joint supplements 😎

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: putnam6

To be fair, we’ve learned we have to be equally as critical of “reputable” outlets as well. Sometimes certain language or even the infamous “anonymous source” makes me walk right up to writing it off all together.

But social media has wrecked people’s ability to speak in a manner of good will towards truth or self awareness. This is likely due to so many rewarding each other with updoots for solid zingers.

I’m aware we live in a world that’s hard to navigate, where hyper skepticism is healthy, but there is simple language we can use so we don’t come off as disingenuous.

“I think, allegedly, reports say, maybe, possibly, ect.”

The declarations of fact without a shred of evidence is the new world. It is what it is. I’ll just continue to call it out.

Agree 100 percent,

I follow. few on Twitter that seems reliable, but even those threads go off on wild tangents a lot when most times Im just looking for verification on something.

I use Newsit it shows all the headlines and you can find multiple portrayals of individual stories

www.newzit.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Not a peep on the Canadian MSM, nor EU outlets on this derail.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I missed the reference where this train had polyvinyl chloride too 😉

Vinyl Chloride. Did you click the source link although I know what you're trying to do.

Link to the source the Twitter poster used.

ENOREE, S.C. (FOX Carolina) -Officials are responding to a train derailment in Enoree on Monday afternoon. CSX Transportation are also on the scene.

That's it. Not a word about vinyl chloride there or in anything else I find in a news story anywhere. I found one confusing story on a site I'd never quote since it was obvious clickbait for ads targeting folks who don't care about accuracy or the truth. The article mentioned both and it was written so it would confuse people but only the first train wreck had vinyl chloride.

Unless something comes out later the Twitter guy needs to correct what he posted IMO. Or perhaps he assumes people won't fact-check.

Personally, I think Twitter is not a valid source beyond the Twitter accounts from actual news sources.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Looks less critical so far definitely less populated FWIW

Spartanburg is pretty populated for what it's worth, and not that far from Greenville.

I'm not too far from their either.

Plus, The news article hasn't mentioned vinyl Chloride, so I'd like to know where that rumor originated.
edit on 13-2-2023 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Unless something comes out later the Twitter guy needs to correct what he posted IMO. Or perhaps he assumes people won't fact-check.

Personally, I think Twitter is not a valid source beyond the Twitter accounts from actual news sources.

Agree on both points.

One reason I tend to only follow News orgs or those who work for news orgs, and vet everything else more closely, because of disinfo (and twitter "blue" doesn't help).

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It looks like there is merit to the concerns Iv'e seen others posted about railroad companies doing layoffs, having workers work longer hours, and pushing through inspections.

But, I doubt any big wigs at the railroad companies will face any reprocussions. The workers will be blamed, a fall-guy will take the brunt of the PR, and the media will move on.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

This Story literally Stinks ......................Globalist Domestic Terror Attack .......

www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yeah, I'm aware of the seemingly media blackout on Ohio and the environmental disaster it is, as well as citizens journalists who oftentimes break news in real time on twitter (which is a reason I joined twitter years ago).

Problem is, so many "citizen journalists" are also oftnetimes creating their own (subjective) narrative about many things, and intentionally pushing misinformation, that it takes extra vetting of the information to make sure it's not BS before it goes viral, like the tweet in question.

That's all.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
Uhhh, are we under attack?

If it continues, too many coincidences..

The things currently happening, escalating, smell like CIA/NSA and the Biden administration in a dirty deadpool against the USA. It has to have state sponsorship. (And the MSM in lock step obedience to them.)

edit on 13-2-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Odd about all the train derailments; however, curious about what the average is in a given year.

A few different sources place it at around 1000 to 1700 per year in the United States. That's roughly three to five derailments per day. Of course, most are not such catastrophes.

More Than a Dozen Trains Have Derailed in the U.S. This Year 13 February 2023
How often do trains derail? More often than you think 27 June 2022
Train Derailment No date given
4 facts everyone should know about train accidents 13 May 2015

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

My cousin lives in Lexington SC, she says there hasn’t been any reporting of vinyl chloride.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Yes , Some "citizen journalists" do create their Own Misinformed Narrative when Reporting on Events that the MSM Stays Away from happening around the Country , but Some Also Report Truths that would Never see the Light of Day if People Only Had One Slanted News Source Curtsy of the National Propaganda Machine . Sooner or Later the Truth does come out given time .

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31

And oddly enough there is a movie just made about a train derailing with toxins in Ohio - filmed in Ohio where it just happened

Train Trailer

Just reiterating the organized psychosis of the lawful evil alignment.

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in it!" - Polonius < Hamlet < Shakespeare

edit on 2142323 by BeNotAfraid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
For the ignorant? Who is behind all that #ery ? a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And another "incident" yesterday !!! Is the crippling economy part of the cause of these "accidents" ? ☠️

Are businesses under strains that are causing cutbacks in safety ? ☠️

Driver dead after hazmat spill on Tucson freeway forces evacuation, shelter-in-place order

A truck carrying hazardous chemicals overturned on an Arizona freeway Tuesday, forcing nearby residents to either evacuate or shelter in place.

The tractor-trailer commercial tanker truck rolled over on Interstate 10 in Tucson just before 2:45 p.m. and began leaking liquid nitric acid, the Arizona Department of Safety said.

Red and orange fumes rose above the freeway as traffic snarled in both directions, shocking videos posted to social media showed.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
EPA Director on news this morning doubletalking about the boondoggle in Ohio.

Are we looking at another Times Beach or Love Canal disaster?? 😲

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Maybe just maybe those who drive the trucks, trains and planes are suffering side effects from their mandated jabs...then leading to these types of accidents?

Perhaps, but I wouldn't expect that to be the answer in all cases.

However, in the instance if trains, didn't the feds recently block a strike that was trying to address major infrastructure and safety issues snowballing in the industry?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join