It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Spill and the far reaching impact

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We all know there was a spill, it was blown up and nasty nasty chemicals were released.

The question now, is how far will the fallout reach?
“Authorities” have reassured everyone the water is fine, the air is fine.
I guess these are the same Flint Michigan types of reassurances.

We’ve also talked a lot about prepping lately. This is another perfect example. When things happen sometimes it won’t be about stockpiling
Three years of canned goods. Prepping is all in your mind and knowing when to LEAVE!!!!

Also don’t believe what people tell you. RESEARCH for yourself. If you really want to know if the water is safe, have it tested by an independent lab (outside of your area) yourself. It is amazing how much you will find out when you pay for things instead of relying on others.

Back to the spill. The Ohio River Basin is MASSIVE… If I were in any of the surrounding states I would really start considering what could happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.wave3.com...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - Louisville’s drinking water is not expected to be impacted by the chemical spill into the Ohio River after a train derailed near the Ohio-Pennsylvania state line, according to a Louisville Water Company announcement.

Based on current data, LWC scientists believe the chemical spill does not pose a risk to the community’s drinking water.

Carefully selected words… based on current data….

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
We all know there was a spill, it was blown up and nasty nasty chemicals were released.

The question now, is how far will the fallout reach?
“Authorities” have reassured everyone the water is fine, the air is fine.
I guess these are the same Flint Michigan types of reassurances.

We’ve also talked a lot about prepping lately. This is another perfect example. When things happen sometimes it won’t be about stockpiling
Three years of canned goods. Prepping is all in your mind and knowing when to LEAVE!!!!

Also don’t believe what people tell you. RESEARCH for yourself. If you really want to know if the water is safe, have it tested by an independent lab (outside of your area) yourself. It is amazing how much you will find out when you pay for things instead of relying on others.

Back to the spill. The Ohio River Basin is MASSIVE… If I were in any of the surrounding states I would really start considering what could happen.

Definitely and the winds too, Im so glad it's blowing east, know people that live to the west in the With God, all things are possible state.

Plenty of rumors this is an ecological disaster and the greenie politicians have been forbidden to speak of it ... balloons is a distraction potentially from this

edit on 13-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From the tweets from Citizen Free Press it seem like water companys are saying that the water is safe to drink in somewhere near, yet fish are dead ..

Nobody should trust what they claim IMO .

Looks like huge ecological disaster

@CitizenFreePres

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Don't forget about all the 'acid rain' that will likely occur due to the gases being created from the burning.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just wonder how deep the corruption goes. You've got Norfolk southern, the majority stake holder being vanguard. Vanguard owns most the media. The epa is ran and staffed at the behest of the Biden administration. And all these entities are in bed together. It explains a lot though, the media black out, the lack of response from the Biden administration, hell maybe even the balloons?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

From the tweets from Citizen Free Press it seem like water companys are saying that the water is safe to drink in somewhere near, yet fish are dead ..

Nobody should trust what they claim IMO .

Looks like huge ecological disaster

@CitizenFreePres

I have found that officials lie about a lot, but water seems to top the list.

edit on 13-2-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Definitely and the winds too, Im so glad it's blowing east, know people that live to the west in the With God, all things are possible state. Plenty of rumors this is an ecological disaster and the greenie politicians have been forbidden to speak of it ... balloons is a distraction potentially from this

This is the EXACT kind of crap I’m talking about. They are soooo worried about me eating Beef, or drinking from a straw, or gasp, God forbid I drive a gas vehicle… and then look the other way when there is massive massive ecological fallout…

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'm really curious if their 'controlled explosion' / burn was the correct way to handle this.
It seemed like they did it so quickly afterwards.
From what I've seen, burning it (obviously) changes the way it interacts with the environment and allows it to get into the water in the air & clouds, to be rained back down for god knows how far away.

That, combined with hardly a peep from the news tells me that this was not handled correctly.
Super tragic and avoidable.

Reports of contamination in the Ohio river now, dead fish and other wildlife, all while citizens are being told it's OK to breath the air and drink the water. Hyperbolically being compared to Chernobyl now.

Hate to get too conspiratorial... but a movie was made using people from that town as extras last year.
Guess what it was about. A drain derailment that released deadly chemicals.

edit on 13-2-2023 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: putnam6

They are soooo worried about me eating Beef

Lots of good, fertile farm land around that area..
Makes you wonder if they got tired of sabotaging chicken & beef factories that can be rebuilt.
Why not ruin the land for 300 years instead?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The waters are definitely polluted now, dead fish everywhere. They claimed it was immediately contained, they contain that water.

There are a couple of ATS members East Wind from there.

That derailment was already 3 days old before local media even reported on it. And that includes the first thread from last week.

What they do in the future for ground water those farmers depend on for livestock?

www.instagram.com...[ not my insta.
edit on 13-2-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Did you see this recent movie about a toxic train crash in ohio?

"Actors in the film from East Palestine faked an evacuation & months later are doing it in real life."

movie White Noise

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Did you see this recent movie about a toxic train crash in ohio?

"Actors in the film from East Palestine faked an evacuation & months later are doing it in real life."

movie White Noise

No I didn’t but it wouldn’t surprise me

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I read that is been a cover up on all the chemicals and impact in the town and environment, people are saying that is close to experiencing a Chernobyl all over again but in US soil.

According to the EPA, four main toxic chemicals from the Ohio train wreck have already contaminated either air, soil, or water at the crash site. They include:

• Vinyl chloride: A highly flammable colorless gas used when making plastic is a known carcinogenic.

• Butyl acrylate: A flammable clear liquid used in making paints can cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system.

• Ethylhexyl acrylate: A colorless liquid used in making paints and plastics can produce hazardous vapors under heat.

• Ethylene glycol monobutyl: A highly flammable colorless liquid used in making solvent is deemed as acutely toxic.

Additional materials that were involved in the fire included petrochemicals and semolina.

This no good, is more to it, the town where this happened has been evacuated, the press is been suppressed and has been alleged arrests for local news media that took recordings and pictures of the explosion.

www.yahoo.com...

Some of what I been reading in other chats are commenting that this was deliberated, but you know is a lot conspiracy theories out there.

Now, you hear in the media that evrything is ok, that the water is safe, that the air is good, but is not soo, crews released the chemicals because it was going to explode and cause more problems, but the chemicals did explode and the crews told people to honker down and keep all windows and doors close.

But that is not all,

Crews release toxic chemicals from derailed tankers in Ohio
By PATRICK ORSAGOS and JOHN SEEWER
February 6, 2023
A black plume rises over East Palestine, Ohio, as a result of a controlled detonation of a portion of the derailed Norfolk and Southern trains Monday, Feb. 6, 2023. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)
1 of 33
A black plume rises over East Palestine, Ohio, as a result of a controlled detonation of a portion of the derailed Norfolk and Southern trains Monday, Feb. 6, 2023. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)
EAST PALESTINE, Ohio (AP) — Crews released toxic chemicals into the air from five derailed tanker cars that were in danger of exploding Monday and began burning it after warning residents near the Ohio-Pennsylvania state line to leave immediately or face the possibility of death.

Flames and black smoke billowed high into the sky from the derailment site late in the afternoon, about an hour after authorities said the controlled release would begin.

The slow release of vinyl chloride from five rail cars into a trough that was then ignited created a large plume above the village of East Palestine but authorities said they were closely monitoring the air quality.

“Thus far, no concerning readings have been detected,” Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro said at a brief evening news conference about three hours after the venting and burning procedure began.

However, he urged Pennsylvania residents within a 2-mile (3.2 kilometer) radius of the derailment site to shelter in place and keep their doors and windows closed through the evening as a precaution in case of wind shifts.

Shapiro also said he had spoken to President Joe Biden, who had offered “the full support of the federal government” to Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine earlier ordered evacuations in the area of the derailment that has been smoldering since Friday night. Authorities believed most, if not all, residents in the danger zone had left but they were knocking on doors one more time before releasing the vinyl chloride inside the cars, he said.

“You need to leave, you just need to leave. This is a matter of life and death,” DeWine said at news conference.

Officials warned the controlled burn would send phosgene and hydrogen chloride into the air. Phosgene is a highly toxic gas that can cause vomiting and breathing trouble and was used as a weapon in World War I.

apnews.com...
edit on 13-2-2023 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
I just wonder how deep the corruption goes. You've got Norfolk southern, the majority stake holder being vanguard. Vanguard owns most the media. The epa is ran and staffed at the behest of the Biden administration. And all these entities are in bed together. It explains a lot though, the media black out, the lack of response from the Biden administration, hell maybe even the balloons?

There are so many important things to distract us from, and the balloons are doing a bang-up job!

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I posted this link in a similar thread: damages are 700 miles out and then some from each derailment and detonation:

valiantnews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Like we all been wondering, when the next red flag is going to hit us and what it will be, too much corruption been uncovered, the control of the media is not working as planned, we still are getting the news, any way we can, because we got the internet.

The whole incident, smell like rats and is not a side effect of the explosion either, this is a red flag.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

This contamination have more implications that the media and agencies are letting out,

From your link,

Reports out of Ohio State that chemicals from the train derailment and explosion in East Palestine have “contaminated” the Ohio River as far as West Virginia, a source of water for more than 5 million people, per West Virginia governor Jim Justice.
This is a developing story.

Yep, this going to be worst much worst.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would suggest anyone within a thousand miles of that to get a pool water test kit. It won't tell you it is safe but it will definitely tell you if it is not. The two chemical ones will detect acids in the water. The 7 chemical ones are better but cost more and are harder to use.

Can't swim in it, don't drink it.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
I would suggest anyone within a thousand miles of that to get a pool water test kit. It won't tell you it is safe but it will definitely tell you if it is not. The two chemical ones will detect acids in the water. The 7 chemical ones are better but cost more and are harder to use.

Can't swim in it, don't drink it.

First thing I thought of was rain and how this will impact crops grown over a large swath of our farmland…

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join