It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis Stomps on the mouse's tail.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't think there's a mechanism for secession in the Constitution.

However, it does specifically say that we are duty bound to overthrow a filthy commie authoritarian government.

I'm feeling insurrectiony.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

However, it does specifically say that we are duty bound to overthrow a filthy commie authoritarian government.

And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.--Thomas Jefferson.
www.monticello.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

There was a civil war the last time states tried to secede from the union. Even with all the overreach of our current federal government, I doubt there are states that would go that far.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Political theater and disadvantageous, actually.

Disney paid for its own policing and other services. Now Florida has to pick up the tab.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Disney paid for its own policing and other services. Now Florida has to pick up the tab.

Thank you for opining.
Do you think Disney has gone too far, ie, taking citizen homeowner's property via eminent domain, ... ?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Byrd

Thank you for opining.
Do you think Disney has gone too far, ie, taking citizen homeowner's property via eminent domain, ... ?

Not to mention, we don't need corporations running entire cities.
edit on 2-7-2023 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Ilikesecrets
Unless he tries to (I forget the term) break away from the rest of the US. Then he'll be President of the Democratic Republic of Florida

Just jesting, I like him.
Rainbows
Jane

The word you're looking for is "secede" and it's definitively unconstitutional.
The land of the free eh?
More like Hotel California.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Did they though? As I recall, they used a lot of undeveloped swamp land to create Disney World, Epcot Center and the surrounding housing developments.

Who do you think was displaced when Disney brokered the land deals for Disney World and Epcot Center?
edit on 7-2-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
florida is risky as it is because hurricanes so all this will do is drive disney out of the state, along with all their billions of dollars and might motivate universal and the various other companies to leave too. all these actions will do in the end is impoverish florida, all because ideals Republican voters dont even care about but seem to think they do, while not realizing its all rhetoric that ambitious opportunists are spouting, all the while laughing about how foolish the common person is for allowing emotion and false idealism to dictate their decisions, to allow themselves to be manipulated by politicians so easily with lies.

Do ya really think the rest of those businesses would give a damn if DeSantis runs Disney out ? (and they wouldn't leave anyway) ?
That would open up THEIR businesses .
Didn't think that one out , did you ?
Plus , you missed the MAIN TOPIC of the OP .
The breaks that Disney was getting that the rest did not.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
florida is risky as it is because hurricanes so all this will do is drive disney out of the state, along with all their billions of dollars and might motivate universal and the various other companies to leave too. all these actions will do in the end is impoverish florida, all because ideals Republican voters dont even care about but seem to think they do, while not realizing its all rhetoric that ambitious opportunists are spouting, all the while laughing about how foolish the common person is for allowing emotion and false idealism to dictate their decisions, to allow themselves to be manipulated by politicians so easily with lies.

What other state has cities that it never freezes in winter in the USA that isn't near Cali? People love FL to visit that just means one of the others there now will expand or somebody will start something similar. Who needs them when the tourists are coming anyway?

edit on 7-2-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yup as long as he appeases the anti-woke crowd people will look past any shady past he may have. The key to winning a republican primary today is trolling the woke crowd. Forget about uniting the country and finding solutions to national problems. Just show those woke commies whose boss!

Just forget allegations of corruption and torture of GITMO prisoners. Whats important is that we get a POTUS that troll those dang lefties again!

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Did they though? As I recall, they used a lot of undeveloped swamp land to create Disney World, Epcot Center and the surrounding housing developments.

"After a period during which some minor landowners within the boundaries opted out, the Drainage District was incorporated on May 13, 1966, as a public corporation. Among the powers of a Drainage District were the power to condemn and acquire property outside its boundaries "for the public use". It used this power at least once to obtain land for Canal C-1 (Bonnet Creek) through land that is now being developed as the Bonnet Creek Resort, a non-Disney resort."
sites.google.com...

www.tampabay.com...

Who do you think was displaced when Disney brokered the land deals for Disney World and Epcot Center?

IDK, please tell and include links.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I want to like him but...
Apparently he is partners in a diamond mine with Fauci and has some underage girl party issues.
[url=https://hillreporter.com/exclusive-pic-ron-desantis-accused-of-attending-drinking-party-with-students-at-high-school-where-he-taught-115220]link[ /url]
Good move with Disney though.
They are a big part of producing this woke propaganda and are "islanders."

Ummmm... Really?

A blurred picture with women who's faces are blurred which may or may not be him and the women may or may not be adults and an unnamed "Source". Man that is a stretch.

The Diamond mine story is completely bogus. You don't really fall for these things without researching do you?

Hill Reporter is an independently owned news and opinion website that focuses on political and social issues from a liberal perspective. Founded in 2018 by Ed and Brian Krassenstein and James Kosur, it was sold to internet entrepreneur Roman Romanuk in October 2019.

We rate the claim that DeSantis, Fauci, Moody and Redfield are in a diamond mining business Pants on Fire!

www.politifact.com...

For one thing, the only active diamond mine in the United States is in Murfreesboro, Arkansas — not Oklahoma.

Bryan Griffin, press secretary to DeSantis, confirmed to PolitiFact that the claim is "completely false."

The claim includes a screenshot of a form, a Uniform Commercial Code Financing Statement, or UCC, as supposed evidence.

That said, "In theory, anyone can file a UCC-1 against anyone else," according to Wolters Kluwer, an information services company. In a June 2021 article, the company noted two cases that "show how easy it is for unauthorized UCC-1s to be filed," one of which involved a man suing movie studios for $400 million because he said they based the movie "Titanic" on his life story (a case that was dismissed).

In the diamond mine claim, Paul Michael Walters filed the Uniform Commercial Code Financing Statement that was screenshotted in the Instagram post. He told PolitiFact that he filed it in January 2021 to protest public safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.

You can google diamond mines in the US:

geology.com...

Two locations in the United States have been worked as commercial diamond mines. The first was a mine near Murfreesboro, Arkansas. It was worked as a commercial diamond mine by a succession of operators in the early 1900s but closed because the deposit was subeconomic. Today it is known as the "Crater of Diamonds" and is operated by the State of Arkansas as a tourist "pay-to-dig mine" where anyone can pay a fee, look for diamonds, and keep any that they find. Up to a few hundred carats of diamonds are found there each year.

The second was the Kelsey Lake Diamond Mine near Fort Collins, Colorado. It produced small amounts of diamonds between 1996 and 2002, when the mine was closed due to legal problems.

edit on 7-2-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Trump certainly seems to think DeSantis was partying it up with underage girls considering he shared the image multiple times today.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: infolurker

Trump certainly seems to think DeSantis was partying it up with underage girls considering he shared the image multiple times today.

Cool, where is the non blurred picture and let's confirm the girls ages, should not be too hard.

Trump is losing it and it is embarrassing.
edit on 7-2-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

IDK, please tell and include links.

The parcel of land that is Disney World today was once a collection of cow pastures and swamps. Disney selected the site because of its close proximity to Orlando and because Florida’s highway department was, at the time, in the process of building a massive road network across central Florida.

"After a period during which some minor landowners within the boundaries opted out, the Drainage District was incorporated on May 13, 1966, as a public corporation.

Walt Disney Productions created dozens of dummy corporations to purchase the land in smaller parcels.

Disney knew that people would eventually figure out who was really buying the land, but he was able to maintain a veil of secrecy for several years.

phenomenalflorida.com...#:~:text=The%20parcel%20of%20land%20that%20is%20Disney%20World,building%20a% 20massive%20road%20network%20across%20central%20Florida.

Again, please tell us who, which citizens and homeowners were displaced, or otherwise ripped off by Disney's land purchase back in 1966?

edit on 7-2-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: TzarChasm
That's the word! Thank you!
Unconstitutional?
Maybe it should be constitutional right if you want to secede? Sounds more democratic to me. Unconstitutional can be read as bully boy rules and laws to control, no?
Anyway..... off topic.
Rainbows
Jane

It's constitutional to decide you want to immigrate or denounce your citizenship. It's unconstitutional to take an entire geopolitical province with you.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Lol. Florida secede? With all those elderly people? No social security? Whose gonna watch the federal prisoners? Cape Canaveral goes bye bye. He's gonna have enough to watch his borders and drug traffic? And one hurricane like Ian and no Fema?

I posted a lot of links previously regarding the Disney proposal. It would take years even if Disney doesn't go to court and it will cost the state millions and millions. But hey he's a huge panderer to his followers. So they will be happy whether it works out or not by him just proceeding. They just want to punish "woke" Disney.
edit on 7-2-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: nugget1

Yup as long as he appeases the anti-woke crowd people will look past any shady past he may have. The key to winning a republican primary today is trolling the woke crowd. Forget about uniting the country and finding solutions to national problems. Just show those woke commies whose boss!

Just forget allegations of corruption and torture of GITMO prisoners. Whats important is that we get a POTUS that troll those dang lefties again!

It wasn't that many years ago-2016 to be exact-when the same was being said (accurately, I might add) about the democratic candidate.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I did.
Is there a primary language that I can translate for you.
Really, if you cannot read it, please let me know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join