It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis Stomps on the mouse's tail.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Governor DeSantis

spoke at a Jan. 12 press conference at the The Villages. “Disney no longer have its own government,” DeSantis said. “Disney will live under the same laws as anybody else, and Disney will pay the debts and taxes—and that’s exactly what’s going to happen.”
Previously, Walt Disney Company enjoyed, through its independent Reedy Creek Improvement District municipality, special privileges. Past legislation gave Disney powers beyond regular municipalities. Disney World opened Oct. 1, 1971, and ran its park and other businesses inside its municipality, including fire, police and other public safety functions without elections or outside interference.
The company’s Disney-appointed board seized private property through eminent domain, issued no-bid contracts, and operating exempt from the regulatory reviews that apply to other businesses in the state.
All that ends when Governor DeSantis signs the bill into law.

SQUEEEEEEEK!

www.wfla.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ha-ha. Times are a changing' and it's great. Poor Walt, been turning in his grave for years.
edit on 2 7 2023 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
DeSantis is making all the right moves for an eventual move to running for POTUS.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
DeSantis is making all the right moves for an eventual move to running for POTUS.
I think he is just making his State better & greater. Down the road I see a president myself, just not yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Absolutely, after he serves four years as VP.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets
Unless he tries to (I forget the term) break away from the rest of the US. Then he'll be President of the Democratic Republic of Florida

Just jesting, I like him.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Good for him . Disney is great when it comes to comics and the initial films.

I would say it all went downhill sometime around the early 90s. I wonder what changes occurred.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Good for him . Disney is great when it comes to comics and the initial films.

I would say it all went downhill sometime around the early 90s. I wonder what changes occurred.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Absolutely, after he serves four years as VP.

DeSantis isn't gonna leave the governorship of Florida to be VP, for anybody, especially DJT, nor should he.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
florida is risky as it is because hurricanes so all this will do is drive disney out of the state, along with all their billions of dollars and might motivate universal and the various other companies to leave too. all these actions will do in the end is impoverish florida, all because ideals Republican voters dont even care about but seem to think they do, while not realizing its all rhetoric that ambitious opportunists are spouting, all the while laughing about how foolish the common person is for allowing emotion and false idealism to dictate their decisions, to allow themselves to be manipulated by politicians so easily with lies.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I want to like him but...
Apparently he is partners in a diamond mine with Fauci and has some underage girl party issues.
[url=https://hillreporter.com/exclusive-pic-ron-desantis-accused-of-attending-drinking-party-with-students-at-high-school-where-he-taught-115220]link[ /url]
Good move with Disney though.
They are a big part of producing this woke propaganda and are "islanders."

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: fix link

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Go after massive corporations with dubious ties to China ........Check

thats a big plus for a lot of voters...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Unless he tries to (I forget the term) break away from the rest of the US. Then he'll be President of the Democratic Republic of Florida

Rainbows
Jane

The word you're looking for is "secede" and it's definitively unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6I totally agree, why would he at this point turn his back on his constituents?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
That's the word! Thank you!
Unconstitutional?
Maybe it should be constitutional right if you want to secede? Sounds more democratic to me. Unconstitutional can be read as bully boy rules and laws to control, no?
Anyway..... off topic.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
florida is risky as it is because hurricanes so all this will do is drive disney out of the state, along with all their billions of dollars and might motivate universal and the various other companies to leave too. all these actions will do in the end is impoverish florida, all because ideals Republican voters dont even care about but seem to think they do, while not realizing its all rhetoric that ambitious opportunists are spouting, all the while laughing about how foolish the common person is for allowing emotion and false idealism to dictate their decisions, to allow themselves to be manipulated by politicians so easily with lies.

This won't drive Disney out of the state, they won't ever be able to own as much land in another state #1 Disney Cruise Line isn't gonna operate out of Detroit Michigan #2 they still own quite a bit of political influence, this is more a publicity move for DeSantis than slapping Disney hard.

NSFW LANGUAGE

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Wrong again warden.
These turds work for us.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are … endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights…. That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men…. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. … Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence (1776)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Rainbows
Jane

No way is he after succession from the Union. That stuff should stay in the q thread imo.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You missed this bit with your cherry picking, just saying...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I want to like him but...
Apparently he is partners in a diamond mine with Fauci and has some underage girl party issues.
[url=https://hillreporter.com/exclusive-pic-ron-desantis-accused-of-attending-drinking-party-with-students-at-high-school-where-he-taught-115220]link[ /url]
Good move with Disney though.
They are a big part of producing this woke propaganda and are "islanders."

That's quite a slur. Please identify the names and ages of the women in the photo as well as what type of alcoholic drink is portrayed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join