It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes the narrative. Eating bugs can be good for you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Came across this just now and wanted to post it, real quick, for you all.

Suddenly, one mealworm sputtered out of the pan. Six-year-old Adaline Welk — without prompting — popped it into her mouth. The crowd cheered for the newly minted entomophagist. “It’s not that bad!” she exclaimed. “It kind of tastes like kettle corn!”

Sanchez encourages people to eat insects, in part, to lighten environmental footprints. Farmed insects produce far less greenhouse gas and require much less land and water than conventional livestock. Insects also generate more biomass with less input. Crickets, for example, are 12 times more efficient than cows at converting feed into edible weight.

I see the rhetoric, in this article, we will all be "fed" soon.
Another piece of the puzzle we're comprising....?
edit on 27-11-2022 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

edit on 27-11-2022 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

edit on 27-11-2022 by AOx6179 because: Added content

edit on 27-11-2022 by AOx6179 because: Added content

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

note the URL title
methinks they hated it that the 'you' couldnt be in bold

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Article seems to behind a paywall but I’m assuming that they say it’s safe and effective, tastes great, is super healthy, and will save us all from climate change.

Can we eat cockroaches as well? Because if we can I’ll take Justin and Klaus boiled with lots of salt.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes! I just went back and changed the title to my OP a bit. a reply to: lonerpt

edit on 27-11-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The coming years may prove her right. The edible insect industry is ramping up — one report predicts the market will reach $9.6 billion by 2030. Consumers can already find foods like salted ants on Amazon and cricket powder protein bars in Swiss grocery stores. Recent years have seen numerous media stories extolling the virtues of insect-eating.
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

One paragraph that shows the narrative they're going to use to promote this.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
Yes! I just went back and changed the title to my OP a bit. a reply to: lonerpt

sorry - I never ment yours , but WP's , grin

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I love how they don't talk about what the feed is that crickets are converting nor do they specify why it's so important to save land as if that land could be put to more efficient use when the only thing done to it by farmers now is running the livestock on it instead of other wildlife which would essentially use it for the same purpose and it's not like the livestock pushes out the wildlife. Cows don't keep deer from grazing pasture, for example, so it's actually more wildlife and conservation friendly than mon-crop agriculture.

They just don't want people eating meat.
edit on 27-11-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I completely got what you were saying. a reply to: lonerpt

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Allegedly, roughly 30% of society already eats bugs as a frequent staple in their diet. It's not even "exotic" it's just traditionally and economically relevant to their lifestyle.

www.fao.org...

richmondfamilymagazine.com...

I would argue that "ewww bugs are gross" is more narrative than "bugs might be a viable substitute" because one assessment is based in science (see above) and the other, not so much.

edit on 27-11-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I want to see a Rothschild slurp up a wriggling worm.

I want to see a little prince George stuff his mouth so full of insects that the puss runs out and drips from his chin.

I want to see Hunter Biden snort parmesan.

I don't ask much.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179

The coming years may prove her right. The edible insect industry is ramping up — one report predicts the market will reach $9.6 billion by 2030. Consumers can already find foods like salted ants on Amazon and cricket powder protein bars in Swiss grocery stores. Recent years have seen numerous media stories extolling the virtues of insect-eating.
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

One paragraph that shows the narrative they're going to use to promote this.

Ya, my bad, I forgot the most important talking point

It will be profitable. Above all things, for those chosen few, it will be profitable.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Prepare a nice big bowl of bugs and have each and every libtard eat it on camera

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

All I can say is

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
first , make that 10% - or even less
remember , they say 30% because that's tactic

bugs are parasite bearers
having much cetatin which 's bad

no .. there's some heinous reason why they want to stop people eating [red] meat.
Whatever it is [and no it aint 'CeeeHooTwoo']

personally .. because they want to close up the Soul of people IN a modified body
I expect that 'red meat' contains some aspects fór the soul ,
since cows etc also have a soul
-- hence people may eat anything : grass , insects , even lab grown 'meat' - but not THAT :
it just may give them some Life .
but I digress - that's just my (somewhat based-) guess.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's the processing they've been using.......not th meat itself, I don't think.
I know this for a fact. I was diagnosed with major colon problems. Meat was a main factor and now something I have to eat very little of. I love meat and have been eating it my whole life. But in some research, I found food-processing to be major factor in a lot of our health issues here in the states.
a reply to: lonerpt

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Humans eat food that is easy to grow.
In the west we eat seafood and snails and mouldy cheese etc, so don't use the ewww bugs excuse.
Most people who have bugs in their diet did it because at some point they were starving not because they taste nice.
If bugs were so brilliant and nutricious and harmless to munch they'd be in our diet already.
Our ancestors must have tried them and decided wholeheartedly against them. They rather ate snails and mouldy cheeses, which we are still eating. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Bugs have all kinds of bad things in there intestines and the chitin is really bad for us. Hence we peel prawns.
You wanna peel crickets?
We are not birds, kept by our masters with frigging bugs.
We are individuals, at least a lot of us are and then there are hive people who love communist ideas and being some nutty dictators pets.

edit on 27-11-2022 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I find it sad that they telegraphed their "talking points" to include the economy.

It is clear to me that this is a "what you should think" article. They tease with the imagery of "families" who conform to their ideal of "wholesome" exploration of the soon-to-be-popularized idea of entomophagy — human consumption of insects as nutrition.

Imagine it, the world suddenly forced to "pay" for insects - as a commodity. All those industrialized food sellers now being able to openly dilute your beef with insect "meat." (It's good for the environment.) Imagine paying 8 dollars a pound for cricket burgers, salted beetles on sale for a dollar fifty per ounce. Imagine the prospects of genetically modified bugs that tase like cotton candy, or tarragon. Infinitesimally less investment, exponentially more profitable; and you'll have no choice because you want to be seen being "green." (I mean that pejoratively, not personally.)

These people are engaged in "paving the way" for new revenue streams... providing "moral" ground to argue for it - since it doesn't stand up to other forms of scrutiny.

This is the desperate dying-gasp of an economic predatory trend. This is "good" for the food industry... not you.

While I have no particular problem with people eating insects to survive... this article isn't about that at all... it's about getting used to the idea that "food" producers have a new super-profitable way to exploit hunger. And they are attempting to force a "social" pressure to bear on their goal.

I only remind that these people have already "industrialized" their way into nearly decimating any insect population they exploit (bees come to mind.) And since these are the same players - with the same profit motives and support from the prostitutes we elect to represent us - they will forge ahead - all the while telling us that "we" want this, that "you and I" can't wait to engage in this new age revision of the culinary culture of humanity.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Bill Gates and wealthy buying up Farmland...

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This is the desperate dying-gasp of an economic predatory trend. This is "good" for the food industry... not you.

This person gets it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
a reply to: Maxmars

edit on 27-11-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join