It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on pyramids and the Great Flood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

If you haven't watched GH's new show on Netflix I highly suggest you watch the first few episodes. He provides extremely compelling evidence from experts in the field showing that many of these large scale pyramids were being constructed as long as 15 thousand years ago. Which is right at the period in time when the Earth was rapidly warming and large land masses were being submerged.

Yep watched the first one and in time will see the others. He provides no evidence he provides opinions not supported by evidence, and supported by carefully cherry picked ideas with only his opinion mattering and all others silenced.

Yes it would have been a relatively slow rise in sea levels, but over time it would have swallowed entire countries and impacted huge populations. In the grand scheme of things, a few thousands years isn't very long for a considerably large percentage of Earths land mass to disappear and it would have freaked people out. Yes, people could have simply walked to higher grounds, but I'm betting many of them eventually got surrounded by oceans until they had no other option but to sail away. Plus they probably had no idea when oceans would stop rising or if they ever would stop.

At the time it happened the population of the earth was about one million or a bit more. How would they be surrounded by the ocean? Sail away? Yes to the coast line nearby not thousands of miles away. If they in fact had ships. (the time lines for ancient civilizations don't support such an idea). What percentage of the Earth's land do you think was lost?

noc.ac.uk...

Remember GH made up the silly story of 'countries and cities' built on the very edge of the coast line and drowned out by a fast rising sea. He made that up to provide a reason there are no easily found evidence of this lost civilization. One there were no counties or cities lost in this manner, no fast rising. If they were we would find them - we don't.

Also, if melting ice really has such a small impact on rising sea levels why are our governments so worried about it? I constantly see news reports and petitions claiming there are already many places around the world being impacted by rising sea levels which is primarily the result of human activity. Of course I don't really buy into those reports because I've lived on the coast most of my life and nothing has changed. The land masses usually affected are smaller land masses with quickly changing shorelines, they aren't being submerged by rising sea levels otherwise we'd see the same thing all over the world.

That is because it rising very slowly, rich nations will built sea walls - poor countries will be drown out - slowly.

But it's a nice tear jerking talking point for the climate fanatics so they often use it. Nevertheless, the amount of ice which would have been unfrozen over the last 15 to 20 thousand years is massive, and would have impacted every land mass on Earth. Within a period of 5 to 10 thousand years, entire countries were swallowed by rising sea levels, and it clearly had a big impact on them. I don't think scientists really dispute the fact this would have occurred, so the idea of a Great Flood is certainly not a far reaching theory.

There weren't any 'countries'. Folks then were Hunter-Gather groups a few had larger groupings (like those that built Gobekli and Karahan Tepe). GH is spinning a fake version of reality which is not supported by evidence.

Well quite a few large pyramids are built on mountains, as I said it would be very interesting to know what percentage are built in high places. There does seem to be something a bit different about the Giza pyramids compared to other massive pyramids around the world. One thing I did notice is that the Giza pyramids seem to be located near the center of a rather flat area. They are also located exactly at the point where the Nile river starts to open up into the Mediterranean Sea, so it seems the Giza pyramids were built in a flood plain, maybe to protect the nearby population dependent on the Nile. The inner chambers may not be as big as expected, but it seems to me they were striving for structural integrity, and making the chambers too big might compromise that, or maybe they were only intended to save the elite.

They were? Where exactly?

Center of a flat area? Huh, they are on a ridgeline on the edge of the Sahara and near a major river. Nope the delta begins to form north of Cairo - and why is that important? The Nile floods the bed and rarely if ever rises above it. The interior of the pyramids absolutely suck as a shelter. I've been inside it three times you don't want to use that as a shelter against rising water. If they needed height the hills near Cairo are higher. They rise up (where the Cairo citadel now is) to 213 meters, the Giza plateau of rises to 105 but the pyramids are located at around 65-70 meters in elevation. However, Cairo didn't exist then the Egyptian capital was south of there about 20 km Memphis.
edit on 24/11/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To protect against another global flood is one of the main reasons the tower of Babel was built:

"Now it was Nimrod who excited them to such an affront and contempt of God. He was the grandson of Ham, the son of Noah, - a bold man, and of great strength of hand. He persuaded them not to ascribe it to God as if it was through his means they were happy, but to believe that it was their own courage which procured that happiness. He also gradually changed the government into tyranny, - seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence upon his power. He also said he would be revenged on God, if he should have a mind to drown the world again; for that he would build a tower too high for the waters to be able to reach! and that he would avenge himself on God for destroying their forefathers!"

Josephus

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I havent seen the series but both subjects are great. I definitely think they are connected as well but i also believe the pyramids are pre flood structures from the same "ancient civilization" concept.
I think the pyramids definitely go deeper then we are told, because like most other things in antiquity it has been buried in sand dirt/mud, This leads to believe a flooding event was very likely, but it would have had to be massive enough to sweep down from the north across all of south Asia and North Africa.
And i think it did. IF you look at google maps, from the Richat Structure, east to the Himalayan mountains.

The entire Himalayan range used to be the southern rim of a massive inland sea, created by older ice shelfs and maybe held together by a few local glaciers. Now look just north in the Xinjiang desert region. That would have been the bottom of this massive sea but would have included all of mongolia, and when the ridge, or ice shelf collapsed in what would be Tajikastan to the east, the water would have spilled out into the Middle east, northern india, the Mediterranean and Northern Africa. Carrying with it massive amounts of dirt and sand and everything in its path all the way to the east coast of Africa.

I think who or what ever survived, eventually used the remnants of the pyramids that we know today and other such landmarks like the platform which the Parthenon is build upon, They are all much older remnants which proves to me at least that there is history we are unware of and some type of civilization existed when most people think we were all just bipedal mammals with sticks

edit on 24am30800000022 by datguy because: cant type

edit on 24am30800000022 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
To protect against another global flood is one of the main reasons the tower of Babel was built:

"Now it was Nimrod who excited them to such an affront and contempt of God. He was the grandson of Ham, the son of Noah, - a bold man, and of great strength of hand. He persuaded them not to ascribe it to God as if it was through his means they were happy, but to believe that it was their own courage which procured that happiness. He also gradually changed the government into tyranny, - seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence upon his power. He also said he would be revenged on God, if he should have a mind to drown the world again; for that he would build a tower too high for the waters to be able to reach! and that he would avenge himself on God for destroying their forefathers!"

Josephus

Or

www.schoyencollection.com...

ETEMENANKI: ZIKKURAT BABIBLI: "THE HOUSE, THE FOUNDATION OF HEAVEN AND EARTH, ZIGGURAT IN BABYLON". CAPTION IDENTIFYING THE GREAT ZIGGURAT OF BABYLON, THE TOWER OF BABEL. THE ROYAL INSCRIPTION OF NEBUCHADNEZZAR CONTINUES: NEBUCHADNEZZAR, KING OF BABYLON AM I - IN ORDER TO COMPLETE E-TEMEN-ANKI AND E-UR-ME-IMIN-ANKI I MOBILIZED ALL COUNTRIES EVERYWHERE, EACH AND EVERY RULER WHO HAD BEEN RAISED TO PROMINENCE OVER ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD – LOVED BY MARDUK, FROM THE UPPER SEA TO THE LOWER SEA, THE DISTANT NATIONS, THE TEEMING PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, KINGS OF REMOTE MOUNTAINS AND FAR-FLUNG ISLANDS – THE BASE I FILLED IN TO MAKE A HIGH TERRACE. I BUILT THEIR STRUCTURES WITH BITUMEN AND BAKED BRICK THROUGHOUT. I COMPLETED IT RAISING ITS TOP TO THE HEAVEN, MAKING IT GLEAM BRIGHT AS THE SUN

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: datguy
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I havent seen the series but both subjects are great. I definitely think they are connected as well but i also believe the pyramids are pre flood structures from the same "ancient civilization" concept.
I think the pyramids definitely go deeper then we are told, because like most other things in antiquity it has been buried in sand dirt/mud, This leads to believe a flooding event was very likely, but it would have had to be massive enough to sweep down from the north across all of south Asia and North Africa.
And i think it did. IF you look at google maps, from the Richat Structure, east to the Himalayan mountains.

Ah the Giza pyramids are located on a limestone ridge, the sand around them has been removed. Sand shows up if you are on the edge of a desert.

The entire Himalayan range used to be the southern rim of a massive inland sea, created by older ice shelfs and maybe held together by a few local glaciers. Now look just north in the Xinjiang desert region. That would have been the bottom of this massive sea but would have included all of mongolia, and when the ridge, or ice shelf collapsed in what would be Tajikastan to the east, the water would have spilled out into the Middle east, northern india, the Mediterranean and Northern Africa. Carrying with it massive amounts of dirt and sand and everything in its path all the way to the east coast of Africa.

The Himalayas are formed by the Indian plate running into another plate

I think who or what ever survived, eventually used the remnants of the pyramids that we know today and other such landmarks like the platform which the Parthenon is build upon, They are all much older remnants which proves to me at least that there is history we are unware of and some type of civilization existed when most people think we were all just bipedal mammals with sticks

Unfortunately this grand vision of yours is not supported by the evidence we currently have. If you mean civilization in numerous small groups of humans running around being Hunter -gathers then yes we had a civilization. If you mean cities - nope.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Or

ETEMENANKI: ZIKKURAT BABIBLI: "THE HOUSE, THE FOUNDATION OF HEAVEN AND EARTH, ZIGGURAT IN BABYLON". CAPTION IDENTIFYING THE GREAT ZIGGURAT OF BABYLON, THE TOWER OF BABEL. THE ROYAL INSCRIPTION OF NEBUCHADNEZZAR CONTINUES: NEBUCHADNEZZAR, KING OF BABYLON AM I - IN ORDER TO COMPLETE E-TEMEN-ANKI AND E-UR-ME-IMIN-ANKI I MOBILIZED ALL COUNTRIES EVERYWHERE, EACH AND EVERY RULER WHO HAD BEEN RAISED TO PROMINENCE OVER ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD – LOVED BY MARDUK, FROM THE UPPER SEA TO THE LOWER SEA, THE DISTANT NATIONS, THE TEEMING PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, KINGS OF REMOTE MOUNTAINS AND FAR-FLUNG ISLANDS – THE BASE I FILLED IN TO MAKE A HIGH TERRACE. I BUILT THEIR STRUCTURES WITH BITUMEN AND BAKED BRICK THROUGHOUT. I COMPLETED IT RAISING ITS TOP TO THE HEAVEN, MAKING IT GLEAM BRIGHT AS THE SUN

What's nice about ancient history is we can sort through what is real and what may be allegorical by seeing instances where multiple cultures relay the same story with subtle differences.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Hanslune

Or

What's nice about ancient history is we can sort through what is real and what may be allegorical by seeing instances where multiple cultures relay the same story with subtle differences.

Yep lots of cultures made up different stories about how things were created, why and all kinds of magical beings and gods, talking animals, etc.. One must take all such presentations with a large dose of skepticism. I personally like the Shinto myth of Japan being created by a goddess with a large spear - and dripping water......

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I read an interesting article (linked below) about Michel Barsoum, a distinguished professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Drexel University. After 5 years of research, he concluded that the pyramid's casing stones were molded in place.

Two decades ago, the mystery had been solved by by Joseph Davidovits, Director of the Geopolymer Institute in St. Quentin, France. He concluded that the pyramid stones were made from an early form of concrete consisting of limestone, clay, lime, and water.

With the observations using a scanning electron microscope and other testing, Barsoum, revealed that pyramid blocks were actually reconstituted limestone. The cement binding agent was either silicon dioxide or a calcium and magnesium-rich silicate mineral. He also found that the limestone blocks have unusually high water content and were amorphous, which is not common for sedimentary limestone. This implies the limestone blocks were not chiseled but poured into wooden molds.

Great Pyramids of Egypt: Evidence That the Stone Blocks Might Have Been Cast, Not Quarried
edit on 24-11-2022 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I know the great flood occurred about 200-300 years or so after Khufu was pharaoh. He had dreams one night of the stars falling from heaven and a great flood occuring!
edit on 24-11-2022 by TheOracle5055 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

I still think they go deeper, they can still go down into the limestone, there are many examples temples and other structures to be carved into the rock rather than build upon it.

I never said they were not, sorry i should not have implied anything i should have been clearer in my intent. What i was referencing, in regards to the Himalayan's was that, the sea that had formed in the region to the north was created by glacial activity. The Himalayan ridge would have helped create the southern boundaries of the sea.

"Unfortunately this grand vision of yours is not supported by the evidence we currently have."
Only when you ignore the evidence in front of you

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I read an interesting article (linked below) about Michel Barsoum, a distinguished professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Drexel University. After 5 years of research, he concluded that the pyramid's casing stones were molded in place.

Two decades ago, the mystery had been solved by by Joseph Davidovits, Director of the Geopolymer Institute in St. Quentin, France. He concluded that the pyramid stones were made from an early form of concrete consisting of limestone, clay, lime, and water.

With the observations using a scanning electron microscope and other testing, Barsoum, revealed that pyramid blocks were actually reconstituted limestone. The cement binding agent was either silicon dioxide or a calcium and magnesium-rich silicate mineral. He also found that the limestone blocks have unusually high water content and were amorphous, which is not common for sedimentary limestone. This implies the limestone blocks were not chiseled but poured into wooden molds.

Great Pyramids of Egypt: Evidence That the Stone Blocks Might Have Been Cast, Not Quarried

Might have been. The casing stone could have been but the evidence for that has to explain why the ancient Egyptians would have cast stones that are exactly the same as the material taken from the Turah quarry and why did they cast them in individual sizes instead of much larger single pieces?

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOracle5055
I know the great flood occurred about 200-300 years or so after Khufu was pharaoh. He had dreams one night of the stars falling from heaven and a great flood occuring!

Okay and how do you know that? Can you explain why the Egyptian, Sumerian, Caral, Han, Indus and other civilizations didn't notice they had been destroyed?

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

I still think they go deeper, they can still go down into the limestone, there are many examples temples and other structures to be carved into the rock rather than build upon it.

Perhaps you don't know that the bedrock hills the pyramids are built over are actually visible - so, no, they don't go below the limestone bedrock, though some of the tunnels do.

Exposed portion of the hill the GP was built over:

Exposed portion of the hill Khafre's pyramid was built over:

Harte

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Who knows, maybe smaller blocks because of curing time. Honestly the very finely finished ones, I don't believe were chiseled then polished with sand.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
I don't understand the fascination with the Great Ancient Flood stories and how so many want to connect them to one global event.

Floods happen all the time around the world and they are not communicating. Even minor floods can brimg major damge to the people they impact. If these floods where to happen to prehistoric people (and ofcourse they did) even minor floods would have been seen as catastrophic and became party of their lor.

There really isn't anything special about ancient great flood stories.

That's an interesting idea: low frequency radio waves can travel right through the Earth. The US Navy uses them sometimes to communicate with submarines. Also whales are believed to use them.

Trouble is, to send or receive a low frequency radio wave, you need a really big antenna.

In modern world, we use satellites and long underwater transmission lines in order to communicate across continents. That's a huge infrastructure investment. What if the ancients had a different approach to the same problem?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

Who knows, maybe smaller blocks because of curing time. Honestly the very finely finished ones, I don't believe were chiseled then polished with sand.

Not to worry the real world will carry on without your belief. We wish you well.

I would note that limestone is very easy to work - all ancient and classical civilizations worked limestone - are you saying the Romans and Greeks couldn't do masonry?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

That's an interesting idea: low frequency radio waves can travel right through the Earth. The US Navy uses them sometimes to communicate with submarines. Also whales are believed to use them.

Trouble is, to send or receive a low frequency radio wave, you need a really big antenna.

In modern world, we use satellites and long underwater transmission lines in order to communicate across continents. That's a huge infrastructure investment. What if the ancients had a different approach to the same problem?

Well currently there is no evidence of any such technology. Nor even the precursors to it nor the precursors to the precursors.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

" that pyramid blocks were actually reconstituted limestone "

Hmm... Did they Also use reconstituted Granite , Syenite , and Alabaster in their Constructions ? That would have been a Real Chore , eh ?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
The primary material used in the construction of the Giza pyramid is limestone.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

" The primary material used in the construction of the Giza pyramid is limestone."

BUT , Not ALL . Where is the " Science " that says GRANITE Can Also be " Reconstituted " into a Solid Mass from a Grandular or Powered Form > ? To my Knowledge , there Is None..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join