It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on pyramids and the Great Flood

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So I watched a few episodes of Graham Hancock's new series on Netflix where he goes around the world looking for evidence of an ancient advanced civilization which was destroyed by a large global flood near the end of the last ice age. As I was contemplating what could possibly motivate ancient humans to build such large pyramid structures, a thought occurred to me. It's such an obvious idea I'm not sure why it hasn't occurred to me before, but I'm sure someone has thought of it before.

It's easy for me to believe some sort of Great Flood did occur in our past because it's a story retold by countless cultures across the world. More importantly, when the last ice age started to end some time around 20 thousand years ago, the Earth began to warm at an extremely rapid pace, which would melt a lot of ice and cover large land masses with water as Hancock describes. Many of the survivors from those flooded areas would then sail to other lands which had survived the flood.

We often wonder, why did so many different cultures all around the world build such monumental pyramid structures and why does their purpose seem so enigmatic? Were they just elaborate burial chambers, and if so why do we rarely find evidence to suggest they were built for that purpose? Sure they might have been repurposed later when their initial use became irrelevant or forgotten, but I think they did have an original purpose which has been staring us in the face.

After the Great Flood swallowed up large land masses all over the world, I think it really shocked and frightened people, many probably thought it was a punishment from the Gods, as we often see depicted in many religions. So it's only natural they would form a plan to prevent such devastation and loss of life in the future. The survivors of flooded lands would be especially motivated to form such a plan and motivate others to carry out that plan, hence all the stories of wise leaders coming from the flooded lands.

A pyramid seems like the most obvious choice if you're trying to build a stable and tall structure which will protect people from natural disasters, in particular floods. It's basically the ancient equivalent of a modern doomsday bunker, and that may explain why so many of these pyramids have large chambers located deep inside them. At one point in Hancock's show he shows a very interesting ancient stone carving depicting a pyramid being hit by what look like large waves, and they assume it is depicting the destruction caused by the Great Flood, but what if it's actually depicting the original purpose of the pyramids?

It's clear that a great amount of effort was put into carving and transporting stones which were so massive we can barely comprehend how they achieved it using technology of the time. And I think the Great Flood could be enough to motivate humanity to achieve such grand feats. Based on all the ancient myths it sounds like they gathered many of the best scientists and architects to form a plan and sailed around the world spreading that plan to many different cultures. These pyramid structures most likely also served a dual purpose of acting as places of worship to ensure the wrath of the Gods would not come again.

One thing I would be interested to know is what percentage of ancient large scale pyramids are built on top of mountains or other high locations because it seems like many of them are. It would also be interesting to know how far inland they are on average, because building them close to coast lines probably wouldn't make sense. Interestingly, we are right on the verge of another ice age according to the cyclic nature of ice ages, but scientists say greenhouse gases emitted by human activity will prevent several future ice ages. One has to wonder, what exactly will happen if we do reduce emissions to the 0% level as demanded by the elite?
edit on 23/11/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
A pyramid seems like the most obvious choice if you're trying to build a stable and tall structure which will protect people from natural disasters, in particular floods.

If you build it upside down, it is a boat.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It seems Hancock's shows has really upset some people... baffles me how some people can be so afraid of alternative theories.

At the time of writing, Ancient Apocalypse has been comfortably sitting in Netflix’s Top 10 list for several days. This presents something of a mystery, because the show closely resembles the sort of half-baked filler documentary that one of the lesser Discovery channels would slap up at 3am between shows about plane crashes and fascist architecture. Ancient Apocalypse obviously has an audience, but who on Earth is it?

Fortunately, you don’t have to watch for long to find out. In quick succession, during the pre-show sizzle reel, we are treated to clips of the show’s host Graham Hancock being interviewed by Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan. Finally, we have an answer: Ancient Apocalypse must be a TV programme made exclusively for people who like to shout at you on Twitter.

Ancient Apocalypse is the most dangerous show on Netflix

I do think Hancock might stretch some of his theories a bit far, but there's clearly some truth at the core of it, and theories about our ancient history are hardly a threat to the status quo, unless they really are trying to hide something important. I think the tools and methods used to build these pyramids represent a massive mystery we have yet to solve but I also think it was probably a result of extreme human ingenuity in a time of need, not necessarily a hyper advanced ancient civilization.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I have a very ancient alien hypothesis, most likely not true, but would make a sci fi story I suppose.
What if the pyramids were placed strategically to hide Earth from an Alien race.
How would that work? Well, what if as the Earth spins it sends out a frequency or vibration into space, a signal specific to Earth. Much like how the drum in a music box spins, and plucks the metal fingers, the Earths distinctive vibration makes us able to be located across vast distances.
So to “erase” us from being located by our distinctive vibration, the pyramid builders decided to build faux mountains to change the vibration. Effectively making the alien race think Earth must no longer exist.

…or the pyramids are the marked entrances to the under world, as some are said to be, but the real under world, Agartha, giant hollows in the Earth where human survived the ice age.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I always thought it was the pyramids in connection with the moon as the guide that controlled that signal. The fact the moon protects the needed places from the Sun's radiation. Lot's of odd things with the moon.

I like the thought of the pyramids during a long flood though. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, since this popped up on my YouTube feed a few days ago.

Though here's a little detail from the Bible.

According to Hosea 6-2 the world was to face a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. So I would propose that being "Cut Off" from the "Gods" both upper and lower case versions thereof could mean the Ancients may have had powers on loan from the Gods to do things and actions that are impossible today.

Jesus Christ said that with faith a person could literally move mountains. Perhaps that is a mystical power that's currently cut off from us.
edit on 23-11-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't have any problems examining all theories. So...
An immediate thought came to mind. If pyramids were meant to be an escape from a flood, wouldn't they of made the tops flat instead at a point? Also the tunnels and all that were built underneath, and often times going even deeper into the ground. These tunnels would have filled, and you would have a flooded pyramid, with no comfortable surface to climb to as the water rose.

Just my first thought on it.
edit on 23-11-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wonder if the pyramids are in reverse, that is the best and biggest were the first and the ability to build them diminished until all they could manage were mastabas? Seems that many statues and artifacts were appropriated by those down the historical line. Even the huge sarcophagi of the Serapeum were crudely carved with hieroglyphs at some later point, and these poor scratches in the insanely perfect surfaces were used to date them. A lot of unknowns and I’m only really musing here, not stating anything concrete.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

the Ancients may have had powers on loan from the Gods to do things and actions that are impossible today.
a reply to: You're on to something there.ntech

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In all likelihood the pyramids were here BEFORE the flood and have nothing to do with the flood or floods themselves.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't understand the fascination with the Great Ancient Flood stories and how so many want to connect them to one global event.

Floods happen all the time around the world and they are not communicating. Even minor floods can brimg major damge to the people they impact. If these floods where to happen to prehistoric people (and ofcourse they did) even minor floods would have been seen as catastrophic and became party of their lor.

There really isn't anything special about ancient great flood stories.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
G’day CO. I always wonder if the pyramids around the world served as post offices, in that the distance from one post office to another is the reckoning for a districts location.

It leads me to question whether the cataclysm caused the land to move and settle again into, potentially radically, altered terrain and so the pyramids were constructed to measure the rate and drift of continents. Aids to navigation so to speak.

Great topic and lovely presentation

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Maybe the Great Pyramids where created by a underwater race originally and they was trying to build up where the air was? From the inside out so to speak. I just wonder if their is Great caverns underneath the Great Pyramids?

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
I don't understand the fascination with the Great Ancient Flood stories and how so many want to connect them to one global event.

Floods happen all the time around the world and they are not communicating. Even minor floods can brimg major damge to the people they impact. If these floods where to happen to prehistoric people (and ofcourse they did) even minor floods would have been seen as catastrophic and became party of their lor.

Hmm, maybe ancient plasma discharge events would interest you more, there are some petroglyphs to get you started, and lots of digging and rabbit holes to go trough. its an interesting subject.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Only problem with that theory is that the pyramids were huge, and airless inside -
My Dad visited Egypt and said once inside, it's very hard to breathe.
Unless of course, they implemented some type of fresh air system that we're not aware of.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Yes, and the floods are starting to become more numerous and more devastating in recent years, all over the world. The earth is going through its' cycles, just as it always has.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wow some interesting speculations in all those. Most however are incorrect.

Pyramids were built starting from around around 2675 BCE to the Aztec ones in around 1500 AD so widely dispersed in time and geology and built for different reasons, tombs and foundations for temples (the ones that have stairs up them).

No world wide flood in the Biblical sense, lots of them along rivers however where most civilization arose (not along the coast as GH states). There was a rise in the oceans but it was slow. People could have easily moved further in land - instead of oddly leaving and going elsewhere but then the idea they formed other civilizations would mean they sailed around for a few thousand years before doing so in many cases. Folks would have just moved inland. Remember most people don't build right on the edge of the sea. The volume of the ocean is immense the amount of water in the ice was a tiny percentage of that and it took thousands of years to melt.

'Bunkers', they would suck at that. The pyramids in Giza are lower than nearly hills in the area of Cairo (also known as the Mukattam Mountain or Hills). Why not just use those instead of spending vast resources to make artificial ones - that can hold few people.

Missed some but I'm sure they'll get mentioned again.

GH's stories are based on belief, cherry picking data, ignoring inconvenient facts and trying to blame others for their being no evidence to support his contentions.

From GH last book he made this statement:

My speculation, which I will not attempt to prove here or to support with evidence but merely present for consideration, is that the advanced civilization I see evolving in North America during the Ice Age had transcended leverage and mechanical advantage and learned to manipulate matter and energy by deploying powers of consciousness that we have not yet begun to tap.” Graham Hancock, America Before

He previously had the advanced civilization in the Antarctica - he moves it around so he can sell more books and previously said it was in such places as around the Atlantic Ocean, Southeast Asia and the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I spent 16 days with Graham Hancock in Egypt in 2105 .... I was in the great pyramid .... It is not a bunker ... The chambers are actually quite small..... The way it is built is insane .... Say in king's chamber .. I walked up to the wall...and made sound into the wall.... It echoed acoustically trough the whole pyramid it was wild ... I laid in the "sarcophagus ) in the king's chamber .... I did some throat sounds... I could hear it come back in every tone and pitch at the same time it was amazing!
The lower underground chamber is done different to the pyramid itself which made me think it predates the pyramid itself by a long time ... Graham did tell us he think the underground chamber is much older and the great pyramid was built over a previous monument ....also graham is a gentlemen... In real life he is no diff to when he is on camera. It was an honour to spend time with him

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey
I had no issues at all breathing in the pyramid....maybe it was a response to feeling clostraphobic in there .. just a thought

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler with you on that ....

<<   2  3  4 >>

join