It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock and Roll was murdered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I saw Aerosmith and Run DMC perform together live. It was entertaining.

I listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd to this day and enjoy it.

Not about color for me.

I loved that legendry 'Mashup'!

I don't think Rock was ever about 'color' for pretty much anyone in our generation. Not qualified to speak about other generations.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

Murdered? Naw, there's still some great bands keeping the faith, you just might have to put in a little more effort to find them. Plenty of solid, talented headbangers still doing it!

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Somebody is in control of what people will use, wear, listen to or eat. And that's just not right. I know it's going on, though. You'd have to be blind not to see it. Just think about these things I've said.

My conspiracy senses are tingling. I've heard that the record companies sit on some bands that have signed and never even release their music.

I was once told that the music industry throws it on the wall and sees what sticks then goes with that. Not sure if that is true anymore. Maybe it's more about control now.
edit on 16-11-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pureblood69

There was a deliberate push to get rock off the radio and all the stations started changing genres with a deliberate push to rap and pop music

They were after our culture. I remember when you would flip through radio stations and always had at least 4 or 5 rock stations to choose from and a couple of Classic rock stations then you could switch to AM and get a couple more stations like Z-ROCK. Now there is one Rock station and one Classic Rock station and they play the same songs

+1
who determines what the radio stations play? I remember a WKRP episode where the owner was thinking about bringing in an outside consultant to determine format / playlist. are a bunch of stations doing that?
I suspect ownership is an issue. we used to have independent / locally owned radio stations. now seems like they're all part of different media collectives.

and this new generation of music is awful. as soon as I hear fake handclaps I change the channel.

TDC brings up a good point; the music industry will say that they are giving the kids what they want, but how can the kids choose when all the stations are playing the same stuff?

like a lot of things in the USA these days (old guy rant) today's music is awful. there's good stuff out there but good luck finding it on the radio.

www.youtube.com...

so in keeping with the conspiracy theme...was this because a handful of record execs made stupid decisions? or is there some kind of agenda behind it? and if so, Who?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Nowadays with platforms like Spotify pretty much anyone can get their music out to the public. Yeah, you're a needle in a haystack but if you're lucky one of your tunes might blow up and launch you into the big time. It's happened to a few.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Good list, also add Jimi Hendrix to really push that into the face of the OP's initial statement that rock is only intend for White people. Not sure were you get the fascist statement but clearly Rock owes it's very existence to the amazing talents of our African American community.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Dang nobody was saying black people didnt ROCK. There were some great ones .

Just like the best rapper is white .

edit on 16-11-2022 by pureblood69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

Good list, also add Jimi Hendrix to really push that into the face of the OP's initial statement that rock is only intend for White people. Not sure were you get the fascist statement but clearly Rock owes it's very existence to the amazing talents of our African American community.

Where the F### did i say rock was only intended for white people Karen?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

I bet it pisses you off that a white guy is the best rapper.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Seems most people have a problem with the music industry and don't even notice.

There's 1000's of new artists and I'll guarantee there's atleast a few old ones you never heard of back when the musical zeitgeist was good for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Murdered? Naw, there's still some great bands keeping the faith, you just might have to put in a little more effort to find them. Plenty of solid, talented headbangers still doing it!

I have loved these girls and guys since I saw them open for the Reverend Horton Heat in 04 or 05.

Thanks for making my day.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I believe Rock and Roll was one of the 1st causalities of the NWO's war on America / the West/ White people in general

Then it's a war of white people on white people.

Sure, the NWO left rhythm and blues, a black cultural thing, and gave the world gangsta rap...

Whos behind that war?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I've got Quiet Riot's first album on vinyl. I think it was a Japanese import.

Randy Rhodes was brilliant.

Saw him play with Ozzy back in the early 80's.

Something else we agree upon?!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Still good heavy music to be found, yes, a fair bit of formulated stuff out there, but still some great innovative artists.
I have about a thousand records, probably half is old and new metal, the other half is rock, prog rock..etc

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The MSM are pushing real on us in Great Britain right now. This geezer called Stormzy........ The music is absolutely total sh*te yet it's being rammed down our eardrums everywhere including festival highlights. A certain conspiracy fuelled by the MSM

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
7xxgRUyzgs0quote]originally posted by: peaceinoutz

I believe Rock and Roll was one of the 1st causalities of the NWO's war on America / the West/ White people in general

Then it's a war of white people on white people.

Sure, the NWO left rhythm and blues, a black cultural thing, and gave the world gangsta rap...

Whos behind that war?
edit on 16-11-2022 by Faeded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Still good heavy music to be found, yes, a fair bit of formulated stuff out there, but still some great innovative artists.
I have about a thousand records, probably half is old and new metal, the other half is rock, prog rock..etc

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Stormzy is #e.

There's some really good young Black artists at present, same as there's some really good White artists as well.
Most bands with 'something to say' are prevented from exposure - not just by MSM etc, though they certainly play their part, but by the corporate bastards who control the direction music takes nowadays.

When I was a kid my Dad couldn't understand my liking for Punk.
He still doesn't; we were talking about it over a couple of pints not so long back.
I lent him my CD's of The Bollocks, The Clash and Inflammable Material albums - probably the three albums that most shaped my whole perception on life even to this day - and he still doesn't get it.

I guess that's how 'kids today' view our appreciation of some of the absolute drivel they listen to.

But I somehow can't see those kids in 45 years time talking about the lasting and life changing effect Stormzy et al had on them and how they are as relevant then as they were when they first started listening to them.

I have theories about the direction music has taken over the last thirty or so years, maybe some time I'll elaborate on them.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

New school..well..newish

edit on 16-11-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ed Sheeran?

Utter Bollox.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join