It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-@TH3WH17ERABB17- -Q- Questions ---WHO WILL PUT AN END TO THE ENDLESS?--- -Part- --42--

page: 385
<< 382  383  384    386  387 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ChatGPT-funded robot powered by AI is already working as a security guard in the US and Europe

A robot which could work as a nurse or barman, and which can pick up objects with its human-like arms is already at work in the U.S., the CEO of a company funded by OpenAI, maker of ChatGPT has revealed.

Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, Bernt Bornich, CEO and founder of 1X, says that his company’s humanoid EVE robot has been working since April this year - and that it is going ‘better than we thought.’

It's the first truly humanoid android to find a place in the workplace in human history - outpacing Elon Musk's hyped Tesla robot.

At present, the robot is working as a security guard at two industrial sites: unlike other security robots, it has a head, a face, two arms, and can navigate autonomously.

Security guards control a fleet of patrolling EVE androids, which are made at two sites in Norway and Dallas, and if anything happens to one of the units, they can ‘step into’ the android’s body through virtual reality.

‘You’re there in a second as if you were there,’ Bornich says. He hopes the robots will also soon find work as carers for elderly people.

Bornich says, ‘We have this grand vision, we want to solve the problem of the labour shortage. We have visibility on how to solve it - but we need a lot of data.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ron DeSantis will launch his presidential bid with Elon Musk

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will announce he is running for president during a discussion with Twitter CEO Elon Musk, three sources familiar with the plans told NBC News.

Musk and DeSantis will host an event on Twitter Spaces, the site’s platform for audio chats, on Wednesday at 6 p.m. ET. It will be moderated by David Sacks, a tech entrepreneur who is a Musk confidant and DeSantis supporter.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

Hopefully, Elon Musk won't be a snowflake, like Interviewers are with Joe Biden. Musk needs to ask DeSantis some hard questions.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Pentagon Says Accounting Mistake Frees Up $3 Billion More for Ukraine

The Pentagon has significantly reduced its estimate of the value of weapons it has sent to Ukraine, freeing up at least $3 billion to keep Ukrainian troops supplied in their war against Russia over the next several months.

On Thursday, Pentagon and State Department officials told congressional staff members that they had discovered an accounting issue that could make more resources available before Ukraine’s planned counteroffensive this summer.

Pentagon officials realized their mistake almost two months ago, according to a senior White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss accounting processes.

www.nytimes.com...

Biden unveils new $375 million military aid package for Ukraine

U.S. President Joe Biden announced a new $375 million package of military aid to Ukraine on Sunday and told President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that the United States was doing all it could to strengthen Ukraine's defense for the war with Russia.

www.reuters.com...

Ukraine receives another 1.5 billion euros in EU macro-financial assistance

Ukraine has received another 1.5 billion euros (about $1.6 billion) as part of the European Union's macro-financial assistance package, the Finance Ministry reported on May 23.

This is the fourth tranche of the 18 billion euro package, which is transferred to Ukraine's state budget in installments throughout the year.

www.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Coinbase to roll out ‘Moving America Forward’ national campaign for crypto

In a May 22 blog post, the firm outlined its plan for its new “Moving America Forward” campaign, which will kick off via a series of four different advertisements featuring Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong. These will mostly air during “popular Sunday shows” on U.S. TV, with some also appearing during ad breaks of the NBA Finals series.

“Coinbase is launching Crypto: Moving America Forward, a national campaign to explain crypto’s critical role as an underlying technology that will update the global financial system,” the firm noted.

The  campaign will also focus on overseas adoption of crypto and blockchain in countries like China, as the firm aims to highlight that the U.S. “global economic leadership and national security are at risk if the U.S. cedes its role in building technology that will be central to the world’s financial infrastructure.”

In March, the firm released an ad via YouTube titled “It’s Time to Update the Financial System,” while it also aired an ad during the NFL Super Bowl in February 2022 that contained a scannable QR code whibrought users to a promotional BTC giveaway page.

cointelegraph.com...

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Bold move peeps, curious timing Verified

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   
JPMorgan Chase takes big plunge into climate-focused carbon removal:

JPMorgan Chase & Co., the U.S.’s largest bank, is making a considerable investment in carbon-credit markets, a decades-old framework intended to reduce the amount of Earth-warming greenhouse gases but that has lacked major players.

JPMorgan Chase JPM has agreed to invest more than $200 million to purchase carbon-linked credits from several companies, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal out Tuesday. The bank’s participation could deepen the liquidity that makes such markets more attractive for others to dive in.

And for JPMorgan itself, the purchase is a major step the financial institution is taking both to help neutralize its own environmental footprint and to grow its exposure to the fast-growing clean-energy industry ICLN , the report said.

In a related move, JPMorgan helped Climeworks raise $650 million from investors last year as the Swiss startup advanced technology to grab carbon-dioxide emissions from the atmosphere, a nascent process known as direct-air capture. If the operations get to scale, such technology is seen allowing the globe to continue to burn some oil CL00 and gas NG00

www.marketwatch.com...

Climeworks becomes first supplier of long-term, technology-based carbon removal to Microsoft, as the companies sign a 10-year offtake agreement

In 2020, Microsoft announced its pioneering commitment to be carbon negative by 2030 and remove all of its historic CO2 emissions by 2050. One year later, Climeworks’ carbon dioxide removal was the only DAC solution selected by Microsoft for its first carbon removal portfolio, after successfully passing an extensive review process.

Today, Climeworks is proud to take its collaboration with Microsoft one step further by becoming its first long-term carbon removal supplier. The two companies signed a 10-year carbon removal offtake agreement, where Climeworks will permanently remove 10’000 tons of CO₂ emissions from the atmosphere on Microsoft’s behalf. This second and forward-looking commitment is one of the largest DAC agreements ever signed and proof of Microsoft’s conviction of both Climeworks’ technology and ability to scale.

climeworks.com...

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey all you juiced up conspiracy theorist (meant in a totally loving way, as I fit the bill).
Any idea what this is about?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium
Well, we had a good run.
I guess that's a wrap, huh?

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium
It means a thread was deleted.

Could be for any number of reasons and it isn't something new.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
PAY ATTENTION

JPMorgan Chase blasts U.S. Virgin Islands as ‘complicit’ in Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking

Guilty as Charged ? lol RAT FIGHT

OH BOYZ

edit on 5232023 by MetalThunder because: i dont know why she swallowed the FLY

edit on 5232023 by MetalThunder because: Quad - I'd like to See them try to DELETE ME

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh, and for future reference:
I did not delete myself.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
It wasn't deleted when I posted it.

Like I said, I've seen it happen a lot of times over the years. Could have been a duplicate thread, posted in the wrong forum or some T&C violation, like soliciting.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm going to leave this here.

Rep. James Comer R-Ky., has requested to meet with FBI Director Christopher Wray about subpoenaed documents allegedly related to the Biden family's business dealings.

So now we know what "Plan-B" is.

One of the options is holding Wray in contempt of congress.

The main issue against this is also highlighted in the story:

"They don't respect anyone in Congress," Comer said Monday on Fox News. "They've been able to get away with this for a long time. The media continues to turn a blind eye. The Senate Republicans continue to fund the FBI. Why would you change your business model when you're getting everything you want?"

Also, I thought this story is telling of how peaceful some groups are (I know that this person doesn't represent everyone on that side of things, but the behavior is indictive of their actions more often than not)

New York Post reporter Reuven Fenton was threatened with a machete to his neck Tuesday when he knocked on the door of the Bronx apartment belonging to Shellyne Rodriguez, a Hunter College adjunct assistant professor of art. He was requesting an interview with Rodriguez after she was caught destroying a student group's pro-life display in an expletive-filled rant that went viral earlier this month.

In an appearance on "Hannity" Tuesday night, Fenton said he identified himself and requested to speak with Rodriguez when she began to verbally abuse him and his cameraman, threatening to "chop" them up. She then "barged out" of her apartment and put a machete to his neck, he recalled. The altercation was captured on camera.

Again this is a college Professor.

Hunter College announced Tuesday evening that Rodriguez had been fired from her position and will not return to teaching at the school.

"Hunter College strongly condemns the unacceptable actions of Shellyne Rodriguez and has taken immediate action. Rodriguez has been relieved of her duties at Hunter College effective immediately and will not be returning to teach at the school," a spokesperson for the school told Fox News Digital.

Well that's nice that the college took action "after this incident was exposed". What didn't cause her to be fired was the initial incident:

The on-camera incident involving Fenton took place after Rodriguez came under earlier this month for a viral video that showed her shouting expletives at a group of pro-life students who were manning a pro-life display at Hunter College, accusing the students of spreading "propaganda" and "triggering" other students before hurling items from the display.

"You're not educating s---, this is f---ing propaganda," the professor tells the students in a clip posted to Twitter by Students for Life of America. "What are you going to do like anti-trans next?"

"This is bull----, this is violent," Rodriguez continued. "You're triggering my students.

"I am sorry about that," one of the pro-life students attempted to respond.

"No, you’re not because you can’t even have a f---ing baby. So, you don’t even know what that is. Get this s--- the f--- out of here," the professor fired back before hurling items off the table.

With Professors like this, it's a wonder that anyone values college graduates anymore.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Zoroz

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Drugs Я Bad

www.dw.com...

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
This bit, and bolded part mine...

“There is NO explosion or incident taking place at or near the Pentagon reservation,

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it an odd choice of word....
Rainbows
Jane

It sounds odd in that context. Technically, all U.S. military facilities are "reservations", although some bear other names such as "post, base, camp, station, garrison" etc.

This legal definition might perk some ears:

A military reservation is property that the United States government has exclusive jurisdiction over. It is separate from the surrounding state in both a jurisdictional and territorial sense. The precise nature of its sovereignty is established by the Constitution of the United States, and the act of the legislature of the surrounding state, but generally the military reservation itself and the jurisdiction and legislation over it have been granted to the United States, and thereby is created as an independent sovereignty.

Cheers

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-5-2023 by 13Kiwi20qYes because: there yet smile

Rags , hot off the press

edit on 24-5-2023 by 13Kiwi20qYes because: rags for riches

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The underlying issue, as I see it, is that the Republicans talk a big game, but do nothing of substance. That's likely because they're just one wing of the Uniparty. The blathering on Twitter by the Speaker and other leaders in Congress comes across--rather transparently--as "we'll say things to pacify 'our tribe' so they don't actually take matters in to their own hands."

Contempt of Congress is about useless, considering Congress has outsourced the enforcement of said charge to the DOJ. Do they expect the US Marshalls to go pick up Wray and put him in lockup? There were several prominent conservative (in my estimation) Twitter accounts replying to the Speaker's tweets with comments along the lines of, "Don't just talk about it, do something!" Which is about when McCarthy stopped tweeting so frequently on the topic.

Have the Republicans done anything about the FBI destroying or returning evidence in the Clinton investigation? Have the Republicans done anything about the FBI refusing to turnover records? Have the Republicans done anything about the Biden corruption issue? Seems like no to all of the above; but then, when the folks in 'our tribe' start making noise about holding you accountable for action, maybe the tactic is to stop talking about things you could be held accountable for.

I've got about a 100% accuracy on predictions in these threads, but I'm willing to inch out on a limb and predict: The Republicans will do nothing substantive about Biden corruption, FBI malfeasance, or Contempt of Congress.

Maybe I'm just jaded and cynical, however.

edit on 24-5-2023 by kreinhard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 382  383  384    386  387 >>

join