It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big red wave that did not happen!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
It's not just abortions, I was put off by most of the republican candidates this time around.

I've been put off by Republicans since they made their main theme Christianity. Bring religion into politics, I won't vote for you.

DITTO

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
It did happen, just the injected votes were more than could be overcome.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

He was handed a GOLDEN economy. Obama was elected in 2008. Look at the economy in 2016, and look at the economy now. Biden hasn't had time to change the economy.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Good bye republic it was a nice run, but the great experiment is over and we were not smart enough to keep it.

So the experiment is over just because it didn’t go your way…lol.

The American people have spoken. We have many factors that make life here in the US very challenging. Yet, with all that’s going on the GOP messaging didn’t cut through. Epic fail. Face it.

It should have been a landslide according to the way you see the world. Maybe your glasses need adjusting.

You are clueless, try living over seas and learn what difficulty is americans are deeply spoiled.

The left wants bigger govt, a republic is built specifically to prevent the consolidation of power into an all encompassing bureaucracy.

We have added 1.5 trillion in 2 years to our debt and we are on pace for another trillion next year, we cannot sustain this.

But the left will keep printing, soon nobody will be able to buy a house, black rock will own most of them and the price for rent will be through the roof.

Yea the republic is dead, I am not a republican I am closer to a libertarian but the fed under the dems is scooping up power as fast as it can and people are to stupid to notice because all they care about is did "their" team win, useful idiots.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

He was handed a GOLDEN economy. Obama was elected in 2008. Look at the economy in 2016, and look at the economy now. Biden hasn't had time to change the economy.

Yet he keeps taking credit for the failures 😁

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Humility is an honorable trait. Trump still thinks that he made something great.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Humility is an honorable trait. Trump still thinks that he made something great.

Humility is disharmonious with political careerism.

When the product is literally the person you can't afford to live on the praise of others alone, you will appear to have a god complex. Besides, these folks only like to talk about themselves anyway... it's a thespian thing.

Not apologizing for Trump specifically, or even politicians in general, but public life is a trap - and you can only blame the media for that.

edit on 11/9/2022 by Maxmars because: formatting - dang it!

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha

Good bye republic it was a nice run, but the great experiment is over and we were not smart enough to keep it.

So the experiment is over just because it didn’t go your way…lol.

The American people have spoken. We have many factors that make life here in the US very challenging. Yet, with all that’s going on the GOP messaging didn’t cut through. Epic fail. Face it.

It should have been a landslide according to the way you see the world. Maybe your glasses need adjusting.

You are clueless, try living over seas and learn what difficulty is americans are deeply spoiled.

The left wants bigger govt, a republic is built specifically to prevent the consolidation of power into an all encompassing bureaucracy.

We have added 1.5 trillion in 2 years to our debt and we are on pace for another trillion next year, we cannot sustain this.

But the left will keep printing, soon nobody will be able to buy a house, black rock will own most of them and the price for rent will be through the roof.

Yea the republic is dead, I am not a republican I am closer to a libertarian but the fed under the dems is scooping up power as fast as it can and people are to stupid to notice because all they care about is did "their" team win, useful idiots.

I’ve lived outside of the US for 32 years. My profession has enabled me to tour the world. I have friends on every continent and countless discussions with them changed my outlook on many things. You’re jumping to conclusions about me that are patently false.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Yep he is going to kill the woke in Florida completely woo hoo for him.

What?

originally posted by: marg6043
It was not a red tidal wave, but it was a red wave anyway,

It was a pink fart, at best.

Hemorrhoids…?
Second line 🫢

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I'm more apt to leadership who don't care about your feelings as much as they care about your freedom ( I used your not as in you but in general) do you agree with this? I don't believe a lot of voters or citizens care about their freedom as much as they care about the way they "feel" and I am not going into mean tweet territory, that's not what I am bringing here.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
It's not just abortions, I was put off by most of the republican candidates this time around.

I've been put off by Republicans since they made their main theme Christianity. Bring religion into politics, I won't vote for you.

DITTO

Lmao literally all democrats claim to be devout God-fearing catholics

Your "ditto" is bullsnip you vote for THEM! and they play up their "christianity" more than anyone

Christ can't you people be honest

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I agree but abortion needs to be modified a bit. They should have left it alone then had a discussion about it,

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I've been following this thread and a couple of others in the hope of learning and understanding a little bit more about the US's political system etc.

I'd say I know more than most people on this side of the pond but I'm hardly an expert, not by any stretch, and there are still some things that I struggle to get my head around.

An observation; for a nation where there is supposed to be a clear and distinct separation between Church and State I find it quite alarming the role and importance religion plays in your politics.
Just a personal observation.
You guys are fine with it, that's entirely up to you.

Another observation; the winner is the winner. Everything else is smoke in mirrors.
If The Republicans win both The House and The Senate then its a massive blow to Biden and The Democrats.
Doesn't matter if its a tidal wave, just a wave or even a slight trickle....it severely reduces his/their ability to introduce and implement legislation......or am I getting something wrong here?

Enjoy and play nicely people.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Has anyone who is still tracking the "wins and losses" figured out why the Nevada Senate race has not been called for the Republican?

www.foxnews.com...

The news media is trying their best to ignore what would be a big flip from Blue to Red.

There's still a lot of votes in play. On top of that mail-in votes postdated by November 8th can still come in until Saturday and residents have until Monday to cure their ballots.

Even without those, there's still over 200,000 ballots that haven't been counted.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The old snake hag can not live without having power, she think she is the Queen of the US, but watch out for her globalist piece of crap protegee in California, he has been prep to be democrat candidate for president, if senile brain dead biden is bad he will be worst, the end of America as we know it.

The US will never be taken seriously by any of our enemies again.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah, the mystery ballots that democrats seems to have appear by miracle after elections ends, we are familiar with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
An observation; for a nation where there is supposed to be a clear and distinct separation between Church and State I find it quite alarming the role and importance religion plays in your politics.
Just a personal observation.
You guys are fine with it, that's entirely up to you.

oh i'm really not. a lot of us aren't. but ever since the 80s and Falwell and his Moral Majority deciding they needed to be a political force, republicans have slowly shifted away from fiscal matters to religious ones, courting that vote. perspective has been completely lost, imo.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The red wave didn't happen because there is still cheating going on. It has been documented in Detroit, Arizona and Pennsylvania.

As long as the electoral process is corrupted, the Dems will prevail.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

OMG another person who doesn't understand economics.

Debt - Total amount owed by the government.

Deficit - Annual Budget shortfall

We add to the debt when the annual budget runs over the amount of taxes taken in. If we happen to take in more taxes than we spend we reduce the debt.

Deficit under Trump skyrocketed up. He did a lot to try to cut spending in certain area's but his tax cuts, plus other budgetary concerns exploded the deficit even before Covid.

Just to give you some background here and believe me Obama had some doozies in office as well.

2015 Deficit - $450 Billion (Obama)
2016 Deficit - $587 Billion (Obama)
2017 Deficit - $666 Billion (Obama)
2018 Deficit - $770 Billion (Trump)
2019 Deficit - $984 Billion (Trump)
2020 Deficit triples under Covid (Free Money 'yall... This will bite you later and you will blame Biden for it.)

Hey I'm not blaming Trump for the handouts under Covid. Companies were laying off people everywhere, the economy stalled.. Something had to be done - Did they overstimulate - well heck yes but always easy to Monday morning quarterback after the dust has settled.

Deficit has been largely reduced under Biden. Granted many people believe he should have had larger reductions than he has attained, but before you use this are your ammo against a BIden admin - realize that Trump blasted the debt and increased the deficit. The only presidents that outpaced him were George W and Lincoln.
edit on 10-11-2022 by mzinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Yes of course. Keep enjoying the high prices all skyrocketing since Jan 2021 🤣🤣🤣🤣

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join