It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Supreme Court reinstates all employees fired for being unvaccinated, orders backpay

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It is good that these people are getting compensated for being dismissed for not being vaccinated. But does it include those that quit because of the mandate? It should, it should not just be for those who got fired.

If it does not give those who quit to avoid vaccination, and only applies to those who waited to get fired, then they are not giving the nice people compensation, only those who were actually assertive get compensated

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This is Canada, but..

My wife worked for the health region and was a team lead. On the front lines for a number of months. A hero until she wasn’t.

Once the MNRA Therapy came out she was told that she would be required to get it or go on unpaid leave.

A date was determined and she was told to send an email to her team to inform them that she would be going on indefinite leave.

Then the date was changed (they weren’t ready to transition another person into many of the positions once they realized how many would be going on “leave”) and she was asked to send another email to her team. Then again leave was delayed and she sent a third email.

She was working again in the private sector within days.

After the mandates were lifted she received a call to return to work at which time she told them no, and that the job didn’t offer enough security after what had happened and the way that she was treated.

The biggest problem I have with this is that they forced her to disclose her private medical information to her team members on three occasions.

Was she fired? No. Was she treated like crap and forced out of her job? Yes.

Not sure how this will all turn out once the court cases go into full swing here but I will be watching closely.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

This is Canada, but..

My wife worked for the health region and was a team lead. On the front lines for a number of months. A hero until she wasn’t.

Once the MNRA Therapy came out she was told that she would be required to get it or go on unpaid leave.

A date was determined and she was told to send an email to her team to inform them that she would be going on indefinite leave.

Then the date was changed (they weren’t ready to transition another person into many of the positions once they realized how many would be going on “leave”) and she was asked to send another email to her team. Then again leave was delayed and she sent a third email.

She was working again in the private sector within days.

After the mandates were lifted she received a call to return to work at which time she told them no, and that the job didn’t offer enough security after what had happened and the way that she was treated.

The biggest problem I have with this is that they forced her to disclose her private medical information to her team members on three occasions.

Was she fired? No. Was she treated like crap and forced out of her job? Yes.

Not sure how this will all turn out once the court cases go into full swing here but I will be watching closely.

In my experience the "heroes" in the Health Industry in Canada experienced the worst of the discrimination.

I've talked to thousands who share the same experience.

Now they wonder why there is a shortage.

I hope your wife LOVES her new job, hopefully it was a blessing in disguise for you guys.

We STILL need answers and I shudder to think what will happen if they make the insane decision to re-implement the mandates.

We tried it peacefully the first time, next time I'm not so sure what will kick off...

Especially from you Westerners...

edit on 10/25/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yup, she’s way happier in her new job

Hopefully here out west we can handle this thing politically. Our new premier skidded Her Doktor Grimshaw and apologized to workers that were discriminated against. Which is a start.

The UCP just needs to hold onto power. Unfortunately with all the newcomers in the province we are slowly sliding left.

If you’re ever out this way I’ll take you to the Whistle Stop for fish n chips. Chris Scott must have stolen the recipe from a Brit.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yup, she’s way happier in her new job

Hopefully here out west we can handle this thing politically. Our new premier skidded Her Doktor Grimshaw and apologized to workers that were discriminated against. Which is a start.

The UCP just needs to hold onto power. Unfortunately with all the newcomers in the province we are slowly sliding left.

If you’re ever out this way I’ll take you to the Whistle Stop for fish n chips. Chris Scott must have stolen the recipe from a Brit.

Good to hear bro

Yea, I wish our Premier had some balls, and I don't mean Timbits™, he must have LOTS of them.

If we're ever out that way you can be rest assured I'll drop you a line, love me some FnC.

I know a few good spots in Ontario if you're ever down here too...

edit on 10/25/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Theres going to be a hell of a class action suit on this, and when the results from these vaxxines actually comes to light

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
SPAM
edit on 10/25/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Seems this would likely lead to people suing private businesses for wrongful termination and back pay does it not?

Yup, the lawsuits will probably finish off what's left of small businesses.

You can't possibly plan this stuff. 🙄

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
From what I've experienced, most small businesses laid off workers because there weren't as many customers, not because of vaccination status.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
staff edit
edit on Wed Oct 26 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Seems this would likely lead to people suing private businesses for wrongful termination and back pay does it not?

I know of no small businesses that did that. I am sure some did. But it was the big woke crowd businesses who were extremely abusive to people.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

The New York state Supreme Court has reinstated all employees who were fired for not being vaccinated, ordering back pay and saying their rights had been violated.

The court found Monday that "being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting COVID-19." New York City Mayor Eric Adams claimed earlier this year that his administration would not rehire employees who had been fired over their vaccination status.

New York Supreme Court reinstates all employees fired for being unvaccinated, orders backpay

Darn, wish I woulda known. I was an unvaxxed until my wife (a retired RN) finally convinced me to get vaxxed. If it made no difference, then why the HELL did I just put those darn drugs into my body?

I was scammed.

sue for the scam.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

No not small businesses, it my understanding the ruling is just for state employees, now healthcare workers and other corporate workers to might have some recourse here.

Hell, the small businesses closed or could show where they have no funds, but the larger companies and firms that fired solely because of vaccine requirements.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater
Theres going to be a hell of a class action suit on this, and when the results from these vaxxines actually comes to light

What if New York officials defy the judge, like those in Pennsylvania are doing, regarding election orders.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Wasn’t the government in turn threatening businesses if they refused to take action? I seem to remember huge fines and forced closures if they didn’t follow the mandates.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Everyone needs to understand that the vast majority of NYC workers were not fired for refusing the vaccine. They were put on “unpaid administrative leave” which was disgusting in my opinion because it prevented people from filing for unemployment.

The city was absolutely diabolical.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Nice win. But I wont forget that a sizeable portion of our society wants the unvaxxed essentially dead.

Doubt this is over.

Really? I always thought that the vaxxed were getting the jab to look out for me and their fellow man/woman. Same with the masks. I heard that from the masked/jabbed countless, countless times.....often as I traversed discarded masks all over the place (like I am still doing today)

No, for me COVID revealed that education and standing had ZERO to do with common sense and discernment (to say nothing of character).

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

That's really unfair to say that to the man. (Assuming it's a man)

Even among the ATS crowd many are still in the dark regarding the dangers of vaccines - and it's not just a matter of being uninterested of seeking the facts out - I'm someone who was very anti Vax before the scamdemic, and I was keeping up with the latest news and information available relating to the virus, the vaccines and the criminal behaviour of government around the world and the corporate masters/partners benefiting from this scam , even with that position going in, I still struggled to find information I could trust.

But the issues I too came across were censorship for a start - the few sources of objective information were heavily censored from the outset, the censorship push was enacted just before the "outbreak" , our own intelligence services were directed towards us and a psychological war was fought and fought hard by the powers that shouldn't be.

Entire state systems and unimaginable resources were utilised to push us all into the outcome desired by these criminals - much of the most critical information was impossible to find unless you already knew where to look.

And that's not even considering the social pressure enacted by our scared relatives, the real threat of unemployment, being forced out of an industry many had dedicated their lives to.

I admit I do think many were far to quick to trust the government narrative, since 9/11 , Afghanistan and Iraq (at least, I'd say back to Vietnam and further, JFK maybe) the writing has been on the wall and it's been chance for many to undergo a direct experience which changed perspectives of what's possible (like my son being given brain damage from the DTTAP vaccine) - But even with all of this, if you wasn't already suspicious of government you might not have been open to the counter narrative anyway.

What we must not do is alienate our neighbors - We must not harshly judge others for trying to do the right thing.

It's extremely sad and tragic that it's taken to this point for the "normies" to start to see the cracks - but if that's what it took then so be it, we must not submit to the divide and conquer tactics employed by these apathetic criminals, it's exactly what they rely on.

I know I ascribed a lot to you then, and I'm aware I don't understand your point of view or even the full meaning of your comment, but I will say there's no need to be rude to someone who's learned the hard way that something is amiss, let's take his hand and all try and learn from each other - and work together, because that's the only way we get out of this mess, and it's certainly the only way we secure the positive possibilities of the future for our descendents.

edit on 26-10-2022 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Because that's what I care about. The progressive left.

Those responsible for this deserve to lose everything and rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

<< 1    3 >>

join