It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not a light bulb .

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Are you sure that is the GP? I don't think it has a : "chamber square at the base and arched at the top, very large, and in the middle of which was dug a well 10 cubits deep. "

I'm also curious which room would have been the room full of corpses.

It would be a cooler story, but it sounds like some other pyramid he looted.

originally posted by: Hanslune
Folks one of the great follies of speculation is to ignore what evidence is known and to believe that what is made up is more important than what is actually known.

The Egyptians (not ancient Egyptians) built this temple; a first one at this site circa 2200 BCE and it was later rebuilt/built in 1500 BCE. The latest structures were built during the Ptolemaic dynasty about 300 BCE the temple dates from this time not the earlier. How many of you have looked to where it is in the temple? None. How many have looked at what is in the rooms around said image? None. Why ignore the context of where it is? What is the context? Yep Egyptian religion. Do your think that is important? If not why?

Religions all through history have had a tendancy to borrow symbols from previous religions. Xianity is chock full of culturally appropriated ideas and stories.

Anything I've ever seen of ancient religions, they aren't picky about where they find their mumbo jumbo. If anything, they prefer to find it in an ancient text or something, because that way the priest who's using it doesn't have to claim to be a prophet, or oracle.

Any cryptic looking writing or picture can become a "mystery" that "only the enlightened" can understand. Just imagine what they would do if they find an electrical schematic.
edit on 17-10-2022 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2022 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

How about this lie from the same website:

"In 820 AD caliph al-Ma'mum made himself an access with dynamite to the King's Chamber of the pyramid of Khufu. He only found an empty granite sarcophagus. Maybe the caliph in all his frustration has taken the lid of the coffin with him, but it makes more sense that he came home empty-handed."

Dynamite?

In the 9th century AD?

(Harte)
See, this is not according to the actual chronicles of the event.

Al-Ma’mun opened the largest of the pyramids located in Fustat, entered the corridor of the building and went into a chamber square at the base and arched at the top, very large, and in the middle of which was dug a well 10 cubits deep. This well was square and the men found on each side a door leading down to a large room filled with dead bodies, each of which was wrapped in a shroud longer than one hundred dresses sewn end to end. Time has altered these bodies, and they have become black; these bodies, which are not larger than ours, have lost nothing of their tissue or their hair. There are no bodies of old men with white hair. These bodies were still solid, and nobody could detach even one member. However, they were extremely light, for time had made them as heavy as some dry straw. In this well were four rooms filled with corpses and huge bats. The ancients buried animals in the sand, and as for me, I found a roll of fabric forming a large volume more than a cubit thick. The fabric was worn by time, but having held it, I found it to be a piece of linen as intact as a turban, white with traces of red silk, and finally, in the interior, a dead bird. It lacked neither feathers nor any part of its body, as if it had died recently. In the inside of the pyramid is another door that leads to the top of the monument. The corridor has no stairs and is almost five spans wide. It is said that a man who entered in Al-Ma’mun’s time discovered a small room therein where there was a statue of a man in stone green as dahang. This statue was brought to Al-Ma’mun. It had a lid that could be removed, and within they found the body of a man wearing a gold breastplate encrusted with all kinds of jewels. On his chest lay a sword of inestimable price, and near the head was a red ruby ​​the size of a hen’s egg which shone like a flame, which Al-Ma’mun took for himself. The statue within which this dead man was encased was put up near the door of the king’s palace in Cairo where I saw it in the year 511 (1138 CE).

www.jasoncolavito.com...-nzHA

That excerpt is from al-Kaisi's "Gift of Hearts" (Abu Abdallah Muhammed bin Abd ar-Rahim al Kaisi; believed to have died in the 12th century AD); quoted elsewhere on Colavito's site here, and also here.

The passage is also analysed by the late Frank Doernenberg here (scroll down to "The accuracy of al-Kaisi.") Doernenberg comes to a conclusion similar to that of bloodymarvellous:

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Are you sure that is the GP?

I don't think it has a : "chamber square at the base and arched at the top, very large, and in the middle of which was dug a well 10 cubits deep. "

I'm also curious which room would have been the room full of corpses.

It would be a cooler story, but it sounds like some other pyramid he looted.

Doernenberg:

I am convinced that what al-Kaisi is describing is in fact another location altogether:

At any rate, the many inaccuracies of al-Kaisi's account nowhere include the discovery of an empty granite sarcophagus in the largest of the pyramids.

(Mediaeval legends about the pyramids are dealt with in more detail in Colavito's "The Legends of the Pyramids".)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Can't be bothered with anachronisms, he's got tales to make up.

Harte

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
Folks one of the great follies of speculation is to ignore what evidence is known and to believe that what is made up is more important than what is actually known.

The Egyptians (not ancient Egyptians) built this temple; a first one at this site circa 2200 BCE and it was later rebuilt/built in 1500 BCE. The latest structures were built during the Ptolemaic dynasty about 300 BCE the temple dates from this time not the earlier. How many of you have looked to where it is in the temple? None. How many have looked at what is in the rooms around said image? None. Why ignore the context of where it is? What is the context? Yep Egyptian religion. Do your think that is important? If not why?

The problem is there are several examples of this lotus/bulb picture. This indicates they are likely being copied from an earlier original. The artistic style in the pictures are close in a way that suggests copying from an original, rather than multiple different artists separately interpreting a story.

Like, if two more contemporary artists separately draw their depiction of an event in the bible, the objects and people may look very different even though they're depicting the same event. But if two artists copy an earlier picture of the same event, the artistic styles will tend to match more closely.

So, I think the picture they copied from was from an earlier time, and might even go so far as to suggest that the picture existed first, and the story was made up afterward. As opposed to the story being made up first and then the picture coming afterward.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

It's a light bulb. Provided by the obvious God guiding/supervisng the men
for a short time to complete a task it seems. At that time man was only
privy to knowledge given to him. Once the task complete the light was
destroyed. But someone definitely recorded what they had seen. Why so
big a light then becomes a problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon

It's a light bulb.

No, it's not a light-bulb. As explained several times already, it's a depiction of a snake emerging from a lotus flower.

But, for the sake of argument, let's suppose it was a light-bulb.

How did the AE get hold of the glass for the bulb? Where and how was it manufactured?

How, where, and from what material was the filament manufactured? The supply wires? The cables?

Where was the source of the electricity supply to the bulb? (Not the Great Pyramid: 270 miles from Dendera).

Etc., etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hooke

Where was the source of the electricity supply to the bulb? (Not the Great Pyramid: 270 miles from Dendera).

I thought I made it clear in part of my answer. From the God standing right there
in front. The ancients say everything came from the Gods. And you think they
just made up the Gods out of imagination? Then you can blow that out your
butt some where down the road. That's one of the biggest lies being taught to
human beings today.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Now explain the duel chef knife wielding monkey and we might be onto something.

It is the world's first bong or it's a dipiction of one of those living power plants from the awesome Japanese anime series 'Trigun'. You can see Knives is on the far right side of the giant glass bong. He looks pretty damn pissed off that he is not going to get the honor of being the first to hit that sh!t! 🗡️🗡️
edit on 23-10-2022 by DoomsdayDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

It's a light bulb.

No, it's not a light-bulb. As explained several times already, it's a depiction of a snake emerging from a lotus flower.

But why would a snake emerge from a lotus flower? Why would a story like that exist?

I'm comparing two possibilities here

1 - Lotus flowers and snakes were somehow related in the lore of the nomadic people that predated the Egyptians, and the shamans of that culture actually saw some reason for snakes to spring from lotus flowers (despite nothing like that ever happening in nature, even approximately.)

2 - Early ancient Egyptians found this picture on some impressive ruins, and decided the picture must be telling them about some important part of original creation. A lotus plant was the only thing they knew of that looked like the picture, and a snake was the only thing that came to mind for the filament.

How did the AE get hold of the glass for the bulb? Where and how was it manufactured?

They didn't. Their predecessors did. That, or it wasn't made of glass, but used a principle similar to light bulbs.

The role of the glass in a light bulb is to keep oxygen from entering, so the tungtsen filament doesn't ignite. Any material capable of blocking the flow of air, yet transparent enough to let light through, will suffice.

How, where, and from what material was the filament manufactured? The supply wires? The cables?

Etc., etc. etc.

The materials to make a basic chemical battery can be found in nature. Especially a place like Egypt where you can grow citrus.

The device could have been merely a parlour trick. Similarly complicated devices, such as a steam engine are known in ancient Greece to have been used for jobs as silly as causing the doors to a temple to open on their own, and thereby amaze the ignorant peasants that came to visit.

If used for that purpose, the actual economics of making a new chemical battery every time you turn it on are easily ignored.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

originally posted by: Hooke

It's a light bulb.

But why would a snake emerge from a lotus flower? Why would a story like that exist?

Because the reigning king wanted to ram home his claim to the throne. He was therefore identified with, and portrayed as, a divine child - Harsomtus - born of divine parents:

By identifying with the divine child, the ruling king
assured his legitimacy, because as the son of divine parents, he would have the right to rule
Egypt. At Dendera, the temple triad consisted of Hathor, her consort Horus of Edfu, and the child
god Ihy. Her counterpart at Dendera, Isis, was linked with Harsomtus and Harsomtus the Child. (pg. 10, PDF 21)

To get some idea of the significance of such a portrayal, just think of certain recent presidential elections ... It's of crucial importance for a ruler to take what opportunities he can to underline the legitimacy of his claim.

The imagery at Dendera is linked with the creation story, e.g.:

The characterization of Harsomtus at Dendera is primarily as a primeval creator, who
first comes into being as a serpent emerging from a lotus that has risen out of the Nun.
Harsomtus thus identifies with Ra ... [pg 116/PDF 127]

... the Ogdoad cause a fertilized egg
to enter the waters of the Nun, resulting in a lotus that contains Ra as a solar child. ... As the lotus
opens and Ra shines forth at his rising,688 the Ogdoad worship their "heir" because he illuminates
the earth for them. ... After the sun god's birth, the Ogdoad then proclaim him King of Egypt. [pg. 189/PDF 200]

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
One MUST think the reasoning behind the lightbulb theory is that no archaeologist has come with ANY explanation on how the Ancient Egyptians carved/ decorated their tombs that were devoid of light. At the moment there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that they used ANY flames. no torches, no candles etc.
The theory has been mooted that they used numbers of mirrors to illuminate the darkness, but as yet no depictions of this method have been found.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
One MUST think the reasoning behind the lightbulb theory is that no archaeologist has come with ANY explanation on how the Ancient Egyptians carved/ decorated their tombs that were devoid of light. At the moment there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that they used ANY flames. no torches, no candles etc.

Except, of course, for the hundreds of thousands of oil lamps, and the thousands of gallons of lamp oil found, not to mention wick makers etc.

originally posted by: crayzeed
The theory has been mooted that they used numbers of mirrors to illuminate the darkness, but as yet no depictions of this method have been found.

That's not "the theory."
That was A theory a hundred years ago (more, probably.)
You may be the only person on Earth that thinks the theory is mirrors.

Harte

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
I thought the big guy on the right had a symbolic meaning of movement, possibly vibration. (?)

I have only a superficial understanding of these depictions and am willing to evaluate speculation on their meanings.

Can’t remember when or where, most probably from this very website, however the revelation flicked a switch and stayed in my memory.

a reply to: Justoneman

Touche' Dalamax. Indeed it had me thinking device. There is that one #4 I think where there are two people carrying a snake that looks like what is inside the tube.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

The design was obviously intended to be self evident.
Thousands of years before we had digital calculators.
Who are you going to tell?
Ask Phil, there is a reason that man on the corner is lonely.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DoomsdayDude

The actor that played Bob in the movie classic "Strange brew" went to elementary school with Geddy Lee the musician.
John Elsinore founded the brewery.
Elementary school math scores have fallen since then.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The ‘lightbulb’ pics have always intrigued me, but like most other people on earth , who don’t read Hieroglyphics , it’s hard to participate just looking at the pics alone - there must be context .
People ‘read’ the pictures , without knowing what the ‘words’ say and we all jump to conclusions .
To most of us , ‘ a picture says a thousand words ‘ and we interpret the visual with far more ease…

Things I find interesting regarding the ‘creation story ‘ are : why does the Lotus have such a long stem that lies along the floor AND appears to plug into a box ?
A flower stem doesn’t usually run horizontal along the ground , but sticks up out of the ground.
Neither do Lotus flowers stems usually trail back to a box.

The ‘bubble ‘ around the snake is ‘supported’ by the Djed pillar, by ‘arms’ that definitely show either supporting the bubble from the outside , or are somehow ‘inside ‘ the bubble .
Although the larger chap ‘holding ‘ the lotus is not carved as if transparent ‘through’ the ‘bulb’.
What is the symbolism of the smaller humans ‘under’ the bulb, light , Lotus ?
They are both strange carvings to the layman , but the Lotus ‘stem’ is odd to me, aren’t these flowers usually found in ponds and shallow water, aquatic plants ? I may be wrong . No sign of where these plants grow or emerge from in this creation story carvings, they just apparently sprout from a box 15 feet away.
I’ve never understood that part of the imagery.
The scale of the objects is interesting as the AE often drew a relative scale - large statues pulled by 100 men etc , so the ‘scale ‘ and relationship in these carvings is either symbolic or surely more likely , representative of the objects and people carved .

If the ‘bulb’ shape represents some kind of primordial ‘egg’ around the snake, it’s a strange and inaccurate ‘egg’ - plants don’t make ‘eggs’ and snake eggs aren’t long and thin either , the AE knew that for sure .

Serpent Power eh? The power of the serpent, or a description of power cables on the ground?
Heh hehh fascinating , as Spock would say.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesfreak
Here's a link for ya, pal.
Don't say I never gave you nothing.
From Frank Dörnenburg: pyramid-mysteries.com...

Harte

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The word Light can be nuanced in language translation into the Greek "lúkē" or twilight.
And the Lukan birth narrative of Jesus is prefaced with that of John the Baptist and straight paths.
There are many examples of esoteric German beatnik art, some kind of demmon messing in the glue.
Mirror Mirror on the wall where the shadows run from themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Awesome. Great read . a reply to: Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ummm, from the sand in the desert.

The ‘filament’ may represent the action of a plasma under electrical stress?

The cables and box are a mystery to me, the box probably supplies the juice in this instance. So I guess power is made in close proximity to the phenomenon?

Do I get a star?

a reply to: Hooke

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join