It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not a light bulb .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
As for hieroglyphics in the great pyramid please look and find about how and by whom they were found ,a certain Col Vyse, and the very, very dodgy story behind the discovery.

Now about the "light bulb". As I pointed out with the sphinx, which is much older than archaeologists admit, it had a lions head at first and the Egyptians re carved it to a pharaoh. Stay with me. WHY? because no matter what anybody thought or try to interpret into Egyptian statues, wall carvings etc, they were artistically in scale. IE. look at all the other sphinxs they carved, all with anatomically in scale heads to bodies.

NOW, your gonna try and tell me that they didn't know how to portray a lotus flower properly. They knew what a lotus flower looked like and if they wanted to portray a lotus flower it would have looked like one. YES, the Egyptians had their mystic symbolism but not with every day things.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Tis a story about the stability of the earth. The Djed in ritual is held if i remember correct 23.5 degrees the same axis as the earth. The Djed in the image is holding up the light builb. The Djed represents the stability or force of Osiris being which was used to stabilise by electromagnetic force the motion of the earth. This is determined by by a 24k or so year cycle and is represented in part with the story of the marriage of Osiius and ISIS (sirius)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
As for hieroglyphics in the great pyramid please look and find about how and by whom they were found ,a certain Col Vyse, and the very, very dodgy story behind the discovery.

Before jumping to unwarranted conclusions, you might want to look at this detailed study of events, real and imagined, surrounding the discovery of the relieving chambers in the Great Pyramid.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It might just be a big capacitor.

It's certainly not an incandescent light bulb as we understand them.

originally posted by: visitedbythem

There is really nothing in the relief carvings from Dendera that can be sensibly interpreted as looking anything more than extremely vaguely like a modern incandescent lightbulb—or any other kind of lightbulb. Furthermore, the scene from Dendera actually depicts a well-attested scene from Egyptian mythology. The story of Harsomtus coming forth from the primordial lotus flower is well-known from surviving Egyptian texts.

The issue with taking the AE at their word as to what a picture means is, if they weren't the first advanced culture in the area, the picture might not be one they came up with in the first place.

If the AE attempted to interpret an image left over from a lost prior culture, their interpretation would be just as uninformed as any conspiracy theorist's interpretation.

Remember the AE aren't all one group. Just like how modern Italy isn't necessarily the same people as Rome. Sometimes a historian living 4000 years ago tries to make sense of stuff that happened 5000 years ago. That's no different than a historian now trying to look at 1000 AD, except their education system was worse.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I've never noticed that before, and I appreciate your perspective. To the right of the formerly-thought-to-be-gigantic-lightbulb and underneath it is two arms, which might just may be sybolizing the ability to provide lift.

I believe the "filament" of the 'lightbulb' is a snake. I'm not at all certain what that symbolizes, but like you, I don't think it is meant to represent a lightbulb.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I mean, there is something to that but the sun, moon and stars were created on day 4. So maybe the light doesnt refer to actual light at all.

It could just as easily be Consciousness or mass.

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: AnInvisibleCorner

Genesis 1 book 3... Let there be light...

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The reason incandescent light bulbs are "bulb" is because the filament is getting really hot, and so they want to keep oxygen away from it so it won't combust.

I don't think that snake thing would get hot enough to need to be protected from oxygen. Either it had some other reason for being kept away from oxygen, or they filled it with some other gas, and that other gas was important somehow.

I'm trying to think why they would build something like that? It could have just been a battery. The pedestal the two armed thing rests on top of looks like some kind of resistor, or a battery stack. It's a shape you see in electrical wiring, but you don't see things shaped like that in Egyptian art very much.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

You might be interested in this article on the Dendera "light-bulb."

It concludes:

Understanding the conventions of Egyptian art is important to unravelling the ‘mystery’: they are not technical drawings, nor are they photorealistic depictions of the world. Instead, they are symbolic diagrams intended to be interpreted with the help of the bits of text that surround them. Superficial resemblances to twenty-first century technology have no relevance to their true meanings.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what the Egyptians said it was, unless the Egyptians originally came up with the image.

Priesthoods of the ancient world always loved to show off mysterious stuff, to make themselves seem mystical. If this drawing was left over from a forgotten era, then the Egyptians would be full of bollocks if they tried to say what it actually meant.

Imagine seeing one of Leonardo Da Vinci's drawings touted as a mystical ziggurat to the heavens by roaming hunter gatherers left over after a nuclear war.

Historians might make the mistake of thinking the gatherers drew the image with their ridiculous mythology in mind, rather than finding it in a book left over from a time when inventors like Da Vinci were able to come up with interesting technological ideas.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
It doesn't matter what the Egyptians said it was, unless the Egyptians originally came up with the image.

Yes. It's an AE image, a "symbolic diagram."

They came up with it.

No one else did.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's a directed energy weapon with a symbolized snake in the beam to represent the "sting".

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

After studying this for a long time It finally hit me This is a glimpse at how they lift those heavy stones not sure exactly what it depicts - Hot air , Gas or something totally unknown look close and the inner filament looks like it symbolizes the gas . You see the hose that is filling the "?" with one guy guiding and others giving it a helping hand .

Thoughts ?

It looks like an eggplant, the guy his holding two small trowels. You use trowels to dig uo weeds or plants. The worm is a snake. Maybe they are going to kill the snake that's feasting on the eggplant. No where do I see a hot air balloon. ?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepBass

I don't know why people persist in imposing 21st-century agendas on this ancient image.

The people who were responsible for it had their own agenda, the portrayal of a ritual birth:

... the Ogdoad cause a fertilized egg to enter the waters of the Nun, resulting in a lotus that contains Ra as a solar child.... As the lotus opens and Ra shines forth at his rising, ... the Ogdoad worship their "heir" because he illuminates the earth for them. ... After the sun god's birth, the Ogdoad then proclaim him King of Egypt.
(The Theology of Hathor of Dendera: Richter (p. 189, PDF 200))

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AnInvisibleCorner

You mean that light bulb moment? It certainly could mean that...

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There are a lot of theories as to what this is. Harsomtus emerging from the Lily is one that is known in Egyptian lore. Another god is Apep, who was actually not a nice guy. This could represent Apep contained with an armed guard in front of him to keep him there. Apep was considered chaos in the afterlife. Certainly a scene depicting him held captive and powerless would be fitting for a burial site.

The ancient light bulb theory is cool to imagine, but I doubt it is real. However, if the snake was a filament, the Lily was one end of the circuit and the two horned device holding up the high end was the other end the pedestal to the right could be the battery the Lily is connected to. In some depictions the line connecting the Lily to the battery is shown as a dashed line which also surrounds the battery. This could indicate a power source and flow.

The reason I question Harsomtus as the final answer is that Harsomtus is also depicted without the encapsulation. I read about the carvings and the text associated with them. I know how modern archeologists interpret it. Its still fun to think about though.
edit on 17-10-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Outstanding...this is the former ATS arriving back. Great conversation!

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't know what it is. But the Egyptian priests knew of the gods who lived before the flood. Those gods were our creators. They had knowledge that was more advanced than what our geniuses know now. The Egyptian priests knew about those knowledge but they only could make educated guesses. Hence the weird pictures. Btw this is just a belief. Don't take it too seriously. But to me it is kind of my own religion. I wrote a lot about it.
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Folks one of the great follies of speculation is to ignore what evidence is known and to believe that what is made up is more important than what is actually known.

The Egyptians (not ancient Egyptians) built this temple; a first one at this site circa 2200 BCE and it was later rebuilt/built in 1500 BCE. The latest structures were built during the Ptolemaic dynasty about 300 BCE the temple dates from this time not the earlier. How many of you have looked to where it is in the temple? None. How many have looked at what is in the rooms around said image? None. Why ignore the context of where it is? What is the context? Yep Egyptian religion. Do your think that is important? If not why?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

... to me it is kind of my own religion. I wrote a lot about it.
www.evawaseerst.be...

From that site:

- In some pyramids workers left some graffiti during construction. And that graffiti refers clearly to pharaohs as Khufu and Menkaure.

The authenticity of the graffiti is strongly questioned. (More on that follows.)

To mention just one point of doubt (there are more). ‘Graffiti above the king's chamber is authentic’ says Zahi Hawass (everyone who follows the pyramid enigma knows the man who represents the authorities). How can he know that? 'Authentic' graffiti was found in the four upper spaces above the King's chamber. Those spaces happen to be the four spaces discovered in 1837 by Howard Vyse. The bottom space was already discovered in 1760 but no sign of graffiti there. A coincidence? Or did Howard Vyse –who was under immense pressure to please his sponsors- made the graffiti himself?

First, the reason why no crew-marks were found in Davison's Chamber was quite simple: bats had got in (as explained by Davison in 1818), and polluted the place to such an extent that any marks beneath would have been irretrievably lost.

Next, I'd be very intrigued to learn why Col. Howard Vyse "was under immense pressure to please his sponsors." Just who were these mysterious sponsors? And what pressure were they putting on the beleaguered Colonel?

Finally, I'd also be intrigued to learn how exactly Vyse was supposed to have forged the crew-marks. Perhaps you could throw some more light on this ... ?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

originally posted by: zandra

... to me it is kind of my own religion. I wrote a lot about it.
www.evawaseerst.be...

From that site:

- In some pyramids workers left some graffiti during construction. And that graffiti refers clearly to pharaohs as Khufu and Menkaure.

The authenticity of the graffiti is strongly questioned. (More on that follows.)

To mention just one point of doubt (there are more). ‘Graffiti above the king's chamber is authentic’ says Zahi Hawass (everyone who follows the pyramid enigma knows the man who represents the authorities). How can he know that? 'Authentic' graffiti was found in the four upper spaces above the King's chamber. Those spaces happen to be the four spaces discovered in 1837 by Howard Vyse. The bottom space was already discovered in 1760 but no sign of graffiti there. A coincidence? Or did Howard Vyse –who was under immense pressure to please his sponsors- made the graffiti himself?

First, the reason why no crew-marks were found in Davison's Chamber was quite simple: bats had got in (as explained by Davison in 1818), and polluted the place to such an extent that any marks beneath would have been irretrievably lost.

Next, I'd be very intrigued to learn why Col. Howard Vyse "was under immense pressure to please his sponsors." Just who were these mysterious sponsors? And what pressure were they putting on the beleaguered Colonel?

Finally, I'd also be intrigued to learn how exactly Vyse was supposed to have forged the crew-marks. Perhaps you could throw some more light on this ... ?

How about this lie from the same website:

In 820 AD caliph al-Ma'mum made himself an access with dynamite to the King's Chamber of the pyramid of Khufu. He only found an empty granite sarcophagus. Maybe the caliph in all his frustration has taken the lid of the coffin with him, but it makes more sense that he came home empty-handed.

See, this is not according to the actual chronicles of the event.

Al-Ma’mun opened the largest of the pyramids located in Fustat, entered the corridor of the building and went into a chamber square at the base and arched at the top, very large, and in the middle of which was dug a well 10 cubits deep. This well was square and the men found on each side a door leading down to a large room filled with dead bodies, each of which was wrapped in a shroud longer than one hundred dresses sewn end to end. Time has altered these bodies, and they have become black; these bodies, which are not larger than ours, have lost nothing of their tissue or their hair. There are no bodies of old men with white hair. These bodies were still solid, and nobody could detach even one member. However, they were extremely light, for time had made them as heavy as some dry straw. In this well were four rooms filled with corpses and huge bats. The ancients buried animals in the sand, and as for me, I found a roll of fabric forming a large volume more than a cubit thick. The fabric was worn by time, but having held it, I found it to be a piece of linen as intact as a turban, white with traces of red silk, and finally, in the interior, a dead bird. It lacked neither feathers nor any part of its body, as if it had died recently. In the inside of the pyramid is another door that leads to the top of the monument. The corridor has no stairs and is almost five spans wide. It is said that a man who entered in Al-Ma’mun’s time discovered a small room therein where there was a statue of a man in stone green as dahang. This statue was brought to Al-Ma’mun. It had a lid that could be removed, and within they found the body of a man wearing a gold breastplate encrusted with all kinds of jewels. On his chest lay a sword of inestimable price, and near the head was a red ruby ​​the size of a hen’s egg which shone like a flame, which Al-Ma’mun took for himself. The statue within which this dead man was encased was put up near the door of the king’s palace in Cairo where I saw it in the year 511 (1138 CE).

www.jasoncolavito.com...-nzHA

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join