It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Shoots Enlistment Officer In Russian Draft Office "With Sawn-off Rifle" Amid Fury at Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

A gunman left a Russian army enlistment officer fighting for his life after opening fire in a Siberian enlistment office "after his best friend" was called up to fight in Ukraine.

A local man identified as Ruslan Zinin yelled: "No-one's going to fight" and "we're all going home now" before firing a sawn-off shotgun in the military enlistment office in Ust-Ilimsk.

A witness reportedly said the enlistment commandant had gathered those being drafted and “started explaining everything clumsily.

"Some guy walked out of line and said ‘nobody’s going anywhere.’ And then I heard 3 shots," the witness added.

He was armed with a gun 'like a homemade sawed-off rifle,' a witness said.

Gu nman Shoots Enlistment Officer In Russian Draft Office "With Sawn-off Rifle" Amid Fury at Putin's Mobilization

This is exactly the kind of madness Putin has begun with his mobilization.

These poor sods forced to fight are as lightly to turn around and fight against authorities as they are against Ukraine.

This is what happens when you try and force people to support a war that is unjust, uncalled for, and nothing more than a land grab by Putin and his ilk.

In an attempt to return his piss poor nation to some kind of semblance of the former USSR.
edit on 26-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

(post by BernnieJGato removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
There's also been a shooting at a school in central Russia killing 21people, 7 were children,the gunman who killed himself was wearing a shirt with a Nazi emblem on it.
Can't qoute as I'm on my phone but story is on BBC website.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That's also true by the looks of it BernnieJGato.

Horrendous situation.

I don't support violence or the destruction of property.

Then again i think i might if someone tried to force me or mine to go fight in a war i did not support or wish to participate.

They take what they get really.

And all the power to the people that are willing to stand up and tell them exactly where to go.

Freedom in Ukraine and down with Putin, and his kind.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Circulating on social media.....

Looks fake to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Circulating on social media.....

Looks fake to me.

I am genuinely curious, what looks fake?

The sound, the reactions, the location look pretty legit to me.

There is actually a longer version of the video where you see the individual walk up behind the officer and shoot him.
edit on 26-9-2022 by Overseeall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Where would you have it circulated if not social media?

The story is originally from "The Telegraph" before LBC picked it up.

Of course, you call the story fake, because if it's real, and indicative of the feelings displayed towards Putin's mobilization, even by only some.

That's a hell of a predicament to have to contend with and hardly bodes well regarding flinging these poor sods into the conflict at some future date.

As they are apt to frag their own officers as they are to fight in a war they do not support.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
All wars are unjust Andy, and every war has its casualties at home, unfortunately. Maybe if our leaders had to be on the front lines of wars they start, they wouldn't be so eager to fire the first shot, but that's unlikely to happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Very unlikely to happen indeed, and i agree with sending them in first.

Let them lead from the front and see how they like them apples.

Again though never going to happen as you suggest.

Fighting to defend your own nation from invasion is not an unjust cause all the same.

Russia is in the wrong postcode Klassified and at the command of Putin.

And for all the wrong reasons the majority of such being lies.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I don't support violence or the destruction of property.

sometimes it has to come to that before a@@holes come to their senses or the violence and destruction gives them no other choice.

i've always been a big fan as was Theodore Roosevelt was in the saying.

“Speak softly and carry a big stick – you will go far.”

it's sad to say that unless your one who just rolls over and lets those who would step all over you, there come a time to use that stick.

that's not to say that made up walking all over you is a reason, people know what is real stepping on people and what's not.
edit on 26-9-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

(post by BernnieJGato removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Lol

Chicago has dozens of people shot every weekend. UK has ethnic wars happening in the streets. Protests are erupting all over the Western world. Iranians are burning their hijabs. Sri Lankans are chasing down politicians in the street. It's mostly not reported because we now have a mostly state funded Western media.

But you bet your @$$ if a cat pisses outside its litter box in Moscow then Russia is on the verge of collapse. Putin's losing control! Madman let's dog crap on neighbors lawn! Millions protesting!

You guys are really gobbling up every bit of specious garbage propganda news you can. God knows none of you want to look at your collapsing currency, insufficient energy supply, industrial/service sector collapse, and the mounting wars between your globalist mandated immigrants.

Those Russian sanctions will take hold any day now. Then it'll be China to choke off your remaining energy imports. Sadly you weren't informed the GPB, Euro, and every other Western currency will have fled to the USD by the time that happens. Enjoy your support of American Imperialism and all the benefits. I hope that burning urge you feel to send more weapons to kill more people in Ukraine generates BTUs. You're going to need them.

When you're eating tinned sardines wrapped in layers this winter make sure to say "take that Putin". It's totally worth it and all your sacrifices are totally having a serious impact on Putin. Putin is definitely suffering because the EU is intentionally driving their citizens into poverty.

I feel like Ukraine and vaccines are just way too similar.

I thought the sanctions we're supposed to hurt Russia? They are.

Why are Western economies tanking? That's how you know the sanctions are working!

LOL

(post by Nexttimemaybe removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Smashing but Russia are still in the wrong postcode and Putin is scrambling for men and machines.

Men that don't want to fight for his lost cause and war machines that he does not have, or can realistically replace.

As to western economies tanking.

Our problems are of the short-term nature, and can be addressed fixed and markets rebuilt.

Lets see Russia dig itself out the dark age Putin is about to bring about for his people.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by BernnieJGato removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!!

You know the drill.

Do NOT reply to this post....

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

They want to be careful when they arm people and tell them to go out and kill their enemy. Because, they could be their enemy. There are a lot of angry people out there with real beef against their own governments.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

Probably try and indoctrinate them first with lies and propaganda before they arm them or give them real bullets to play with for very obvious reasons.

Might not have the desired effect all the same in this day of age and with such a short span of time to work with.

Some of the poor sods will become nothing more than cannon fodder sent to replace the ones that die in the snow come December.

Hopefully, the Russian people do indeed rise up and remove Putin from office else he is apt to get a lot of them killed and maimed for no other reason than his own.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join