It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Earth Have Once Harbored a Pre-Human Industrial Civilization?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrthunker
And? That’s just an opinion piece.

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: tamusan

Lovely and exciting story, but I am afraid the odds of a pre industrial race like us is low.
According to newscientist.com there will be detectible traces of humans until the end of earth.

So I guess we would have detected traces of past industrial civilizations by now if there was any.

www.newscientist.com...

Sediments and ice cores will hold such evidence until they melt of subducted into the mantle. Changes to the soil also remain forever unless the area is eroded away. Just like we can today find fossils, foot prints and layers with radically different chemical makes up, like the layer that alerted us to the dinosaur killing asteroid.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
“there will be evidence until there’s not. Asteroid”

Cool story.

a reply to: Hanslune

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Even all of the metal and glass from the biggest skyscrapers wouldn't last long enough to see the next 'civilization'.

But the millions of cubic yards of concrete making up those foundations absolutely would.

Harte

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Interesting. That geode immediately suggests one of two things, our dating methods need revision and possibly even our concept of the different ways rock is formed and molded, or the metal is evidence of ancient advanced metallurgy.

Or, it's fraud.
That's three things.

Harte
edit on 8/31/2022 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrthunker
“there will be evidence until there’s not. Asteroid”

Cool story.

a reply to: Hanslune

Reading comprehension is not one of your skills then? Currently there is ancient crust in existence. If there was a world-wide ancient civilization there would be evidence there even if 99% of it is gone. Hope that helped.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Even all of the metal and glass from the biggest skyscrapers wouldn't last long enough to see the next 'civilization'.

But the millions of cubic yards of concrete making up those foundations absolutely would.

Harte

And the huge hole cut into the rock for the foundation (no they don't build heavy buildings on sand or dirt). Where the foundation is weak they drive in piles or create a foundation as the great Harte noted.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Dalamax
Interesting. That geode immediately suggests one of two things, our dating methods need revision and possibly even our concept of the different ways rock is formed and molded, or the metal is evidence of ancient advanced metallurgy.

Or, it's fraud.
That's three things.

Harte

Hmm I vote fraud.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't know, but I do know this...

An observable fact is we went from Horse an Carriage to the combustion engine in 100 years.

I consider that a valid metric and it should be applied accordingly.

You also have to remember that our civilization is the first of its kind, using man made materials such as plastics left a brand new type of foot print.

It is entirely possible that extremely old civilizations may have had a completely alien way of life compared to us, all based on stone.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

If they managed to become spacefaring there could be caves on the Moon
I think your on to something. Say, whats that on the left side??
"Lunar Pit"

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   
no, im of the mind that industrialism is an ever escalating process that eventually exhausts a planets resources and drives that civilization to look elsewhere, so the likely scenario if humanity had indeed had such level of development in the past it was probably on another planet and earth was some undeveloped colony abundant in resources chosen to give us another chance but there's no signs of civilizations in space to indicate such a past or any alien civilizations
edit on 1-9-2022 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yes or it’s fraud.

a reply to: Harte

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I do not think that any civilization had the time required to exhaust Earth resources, before a major cataclysm completely scoured them off the land or submerged them under the sea.

We know of some of the later cataclysms from 300ma to close to the present. We know there had to be hundred more in the distant past that have left us almost zero clues.

I think that the greatest chance we have of uncovering a previous civilization will be when we are able to look inside the continental shelf(s) and under the sea floor. Water will eventually erase everything just like sand and weather on land.
but if old cities had been subducted under rock, they could be preserved until plate tectonics ground them to dust.

We are close to a technology that may be able to see through the Earth as we have used neutrinos to scan some large geography as well as the internal structure of the pyramids.

I hope we last long enough to be able to prove that some of our ooparts are real, as presently, only wild guess and conjecture rule such fringe archeology.

edit on 1-9-2022 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

An observable fact is we went from Horse an Carriage to the combustion engine in 100 years.

I consider that a valid metric and it should be applied accordingly.

You also have to remember that our civilization is the first of its kind, using man made materials such as plastics left a brand new type of foot print.

It is entirely possible that extremely old civilizations may have had a completely alien way of life compared to us, all based on stone.

Ah, but then we would see the results of that just as we find stone tools going back millions of years (3.3) now. Some of the excuses for no such civ. being found is that they did everything with their minds or followed an extreme life style that prevented any archaeological presence or more likely were simply not human but some other development that we have never found a trace of.

Currently the evidence points to the evolution of mammals leading to Hominids then us. However, the fossil record has not been thoroughly examined. Only a vanishingly small amount of existing fossils have been found and studied.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: ntech

If they managed to become spacefaring there could be caves on the Moon
I think your on to something. Say, whats that on the left side??
"Lunar Pit"

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Heck, we went from horse and carriage to space travel in a hundred years. I recall a long ago discussion with my grandfather about the technological change he had witnessed in his life.

The ironic thing is, in terms of mechanical conveyances, we haven't progressed much since the 1960s.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Heck, we went from horse and carriage to space travel in a hundred years. I recall a long ago discussion with my grandfather about the technological change he had witnessed in his life.

The ironic thing is, in terms of mechanical conveyances, we haven't progressed much since the 1960s.

Cheers

Well a little bit I remember learning in HS to change spark plugs, oil and adjust the carburator.

www.quora.com...

Vehicles are quite a bit superior now. www.quora.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
the Hopi tradition has several different former 'Worlds' that flourished before this present Age

what about India & flying VIMMENA or UFOs

i lean to the general accepted theory that the civilizations on Earth started on a higher/mystical/spiritual/magical state but Devolved as a consequence of 7 deadly-sins our predecessors wallowed in ...

we ain't devolved to the bottom just yet...but getting there !

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the Hopi tradition has several different former 'Worlds' that flourished before this present Age

what about India & flying VIMMENA or UFOs

i lean to the general accepted theory that the civilizations on Earth started on a higher/mystical/spiritual/magical state but Devolved as a consequence of 7 deadly-sins our predecessors wallowed in ...

we ain't devolved to the bottom just yet...but getting there !

An old idea but again it fails due to a lack of evidence. Harte here can fill you in on the reality of Vimanas.

Lots of cultures have made up stories about mysterious worlds and places of shadow and magic. Mankind has always been good at making up stuff. Just look at our religions and literature.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Not even close to true.
We went from horse and carriage to the combustion engine in just slightly under a thousand years.
There's your metric.

Harte

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Heck, we went from horse and carriage to space travel in a hundred years.

That one is more like 1100 years.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join