It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears over new outbreak Marburg one of deadliest viruses known to exist, killing up to 88%

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh oh, here it comes!

Could this possibly be the next big one? Seems like if it gets out to a population center that this could be very bad. Nobody gives a crap about Covid or MonkeyPox. This one is truly a scary one. The fatality rate is obscenely high, there are no real treatments.

If this spreads, anyone want to take bets that they will NOT suspend travel out of the pandemic zone until AFTER it has spread out of that nation? That seems to be the norm as of late.

I would consider suspending flights out immediately if confirmed to be Marburg. I know, common sense and all.

news.un.org...

WHO mobilizes health experts

Preparations for a possible outbreak response are being set up swiftly as further investigations are underway, and WHO is deploying experts to support Ghana’s health authorities by bolstering disease surveillance, testing, tracing contacts, preparing to treat patients and working with communities to alert and educate them about the risks and dangers of the disease and to collaborate with the emergency response teams.

“The health authorities are on the ground investigating the situation and preparing for a possible outbreak response”, said Dr Francis Kasolo, World Health Organization (WHO) Representative in Ghana. “We are working closely with the country to ramp up detection, track contacts, be ready to control the spread of the virus”.

“In addition, 34 contacts of the two cases have been identified and are currently under quarantine and being monitored by the Ashanti Regional Health Directorate of the Ghana Health Service. The Ashanti Regional Health Directorate with support from the Ghana Health Service Headquarters is currently conducting further investigations on the cases and contacts,” the Ghana Health Service said in a statement.

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/07/zombie-apocalypse-ghana-prepares-possible-first-ever-marburg-virus-outbreak-causing-ghost-like-appearance/

The extremely contagious virus has been dubbed the next big pandemic threat by the WHO, which describes it as “epidemic-prone,” according to Daily Mail.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.aljazeera.com...

abcnews.go.com...

The disease, a very infectious hemorrhagic fever in the same family as Ebola, is spread to people by fruit bats and transmitted among people through direct contact with bodily fluids of infected people and surfaces, WHO said.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here we go again. Go look back at everyone who was predicting Marburg would be the next plandemic.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Oh, s$$t. The WHO guy was just on TV 2 days saying something big was happening.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Update from 2 mins ago, Marburg confirmed both infected dead.

www.the-scientist.com...

Preliminary testing indicates that the two people died from the Ebola-like virus, the World Health Organization says.

Preliminary testing indicated positive results for the virus in both people, who subsequently died; the WHO says it will confirm the lab results at the Institut Pasteur in Senegal.

“The health authorities are on the ground investigating the situation and preparing for a possible outbreak response. We are working closely with the country to ramp up detection, track contacts, be ready to control the spread of the virus,” Francis Kasolo, a WHO representative in Ghana, says in the announcement.

Fruit bats (family Pteropodidae) transmit the highly infectious Marburg virus to humans, who can spread it to others via direct contact with body fluids, including urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, amniotic fluid, and semen, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The virus may also be acquired from surfaces, clothing, and bedding that contain infected body fluids.

Oh, wait a second here!

The India Press said they died 2 weeks ago and Marburg was confirmed. What is going on here? Why is this the first we heard about it? I have to assume the response is due to it spreading. Why else would this just now be becoming a big deal?

Inquiring minds want to know!

india.postsen.com...

Symptoms appear within two to 21 days of being infected with the virus. Symptoms include fever, dysentery, bleeding from the gums, internal bleeding in the body, redness of the eyes, blood in the urine, headache and fatigue. The mortality rate is up to 88 percent.

Two new victims of this virus died two weeks ago. This has been confirmed by the World Health Organization (WHO). Marburg virus belongs to the Ebola family.

edit on 8-7-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

(post by lordcomac removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If it is like ebola we got nothing to worry about its transmission rate is way too low

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just from memory: isn't Marburg another escapee from a laboratory? Bio-engineered in Germany if I remember correctly.

We have the 'China-virus' and 'Wu-flu'. The PC name being "corona virus" - don't want to hurt delicate feelings now do we.

So how about; 'German hemorrhagic fever' to "cellebrate" the inventors?

Here in Australia our dimwit scientists "accidentally" let 'rabbit hemorrhagic disease' loose on the mainland. Then realised the Aussie public might not approve of what they were doing. So they renamed 'rabbit hemorrhagic disease' to the PC Calicivirus.

I wonder, are "accidental releases" just a way of bypassing regulations and procedures? Bypass public disapproval too:

"Oops sorry, I spilt it, can't help accidents can we now".
"Hey guys we just saved the company ten years of safety testing and $50,000,000."

One day the peasents are gonna get tired of the Frankenstiens creating all these monsters.

I wonder; are their mothers proud of them . . .

edit on 8-7-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: feeling cranky

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Here we go again. Go look back at everyone who was predicting Marburg would be the next plandemic.

Right here:
What does Gates know about marburg?

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Marburg, schmarburg.
Hell I get most of those symptoms after a night of drinking scotch.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Been smokin em for years!

Aint skeered of no marlboro bug!

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Honestly thought of Mark Zuckerburg for short, but I may just be on a good one. What is next anyone want to chip in on guess WHO?

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oooooooooo !

It's the return of the invisible Bogeyman™ !

Everybody cower in Fear™ !

We always seem to have a Wolf-At-The-Gates™, and need protection from Psychopaths™, eh ?

They got so much mileage from the Covid™ nonsense : how could they not try it again ?

Fake-Viruses™, Shoddy-Modelization™, and BS-Scientism™ = Fear™ - Fear™ - Fear™.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Under normal circumstance:

originally posted by: putnam6
If it is like ebola we got nothing to worry about its transmission rate is way too low

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

marburg and ebola kind of have a built in fail safe

they kill the infected so fast that it doesnt get very far as it has to travel via fluid transfer, blood to blood etc.

If any of these really nasty African Virus got out and became air borne it would be really bad, like Steve King's the Stand bad

or if some one monkeys(get it) around with it and made it something more persistent and longer incubation periods and make it transmissible via air where it is also persistent in the environment outside the body and we are talking end of the world stuff

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonGriffin

marburg and ebola kind of have a built in fail safe

they kill the infected so fast that it doesnt get very far as it has to travel via fluid transfer, blood to blood etc.

If any of these really nasty African Virus got out and became air borne it would be really bad, like Steve King's the Stand bad

or if some one monkeys(get it) around with it and made it something more persistent and longer incubation periods and make it transmissible via air where it is also persistent in the environment outside the body and we are talking end of the world stuff

Unless it's another gain of function monstrosity.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I wonder if this will give WHO the cooperation they've wanted for total world control over all nations when declaring a pandemic.
The closer we get to November, the less it looks like we'll be voting as usual. I wonder if TPTB would allow the information to come out on the 2020 cheating if they didn't have a replacement plan....?

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Unless it's undergone some GoF enhancement it would appear to be spread predominantly through contact with bodily fluids.

But, I've no doubt that another "crisis" could be easily created here, and we should all know by now that "crises" are actually opportunities not actual crises.

MODE OF TRANSMISSION: Primary mode of transmission appears to be via close personal contact with an infected individual or their body fluids(1). In the laboratory, the virus displays some capability of infection through small-particle aerosols; however, airborne spread among humans has not been clearly demonstrated(2). Individuals handling the infected monkeys or their fluids and cell cultures of Marburg virus have become ill.

COMMUNICABILITY: Person-to-person transmission can occur via close personal contact between an infected individual or their body fluids(1). Communicable as long as blood and secretions contain the virus(1,2). Semen can contain the virus for 3 months and is infective until semen is virus-free(1,2). Mother-to-child transmission while nurturing has also been documented(7).

Source

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268
Under normal circumstance:

originally posted by: putnam6

Please

if you do some research there is always something popping up disease-wise in 3RD world countries for decades and decades, until a disease goes airborne and has a high transmission rate, it usually doesn't hit with as much ferocity if it even makes it to the western world. Last 2 out ebola outbreaks seem to burn out very quickly.

Go here and check out all the pathogens and their evolution and

compare COVID to Ebola for example

nextstrain.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I was simply pointing out that there is natural spread of infection, and then there is unnatural spread of infection.

I am no scientist nor expert, yet the cruise ship fiasco in the early stages of the china-virus blamed airconditioning systems of accellerating the infection of crew and passengers. Most modern buildings have these systems that recirculate air. That is not natural.

We can also say that in Africa, for generations adults and children know to stay away from monkeys. However when people collect the monkeys and move them to zoos and laboratories in foriegn countries the diseases can spread with them. That is not natural a spread.

We also have scientists tinkering with the diseases, and maybe even testing such things as antibiotics on animals contributes to changes in other diseases unrelated to the subject studied.

I spose what I am suggesting is when statistics are worked out for public consumption, the method does not neccessarily reflect life.

I doubt the medical folks would publish studies on the infection rate of the diseases in closed areas such as primary schools, boarding schools, churches crowded ships and so on.

In the old days, when people showed symptoms of plague on sailing ships, they were promptly thrown over board.

----------------------------------

Edit to add:

I spose what I am saying, is statistics and scientific studies are generally aimed at public perception and creating policy first.

The statistics for the same diseases in an environment such as a pre-school or boarding school. What is the infection rate then?

If these focused stratistics were published at the start of an outbreak of disease, then logically parents would suddenly stop sending their kids to school. Parents would stay home to look after their kids. Extrapolate this behaviour to other areas such as cinemas restaurants and so on. Not long after society would concievable fall apart or at least change drastically.

In the old days, a disease might kill off a village completely with a 60% fatality rate. That would be because there were few adults left to look after orphans. Wild dogs and starvation would kill off survivors. No one from a neighbouring village would take in orphans in such circumstance.

So even a 20% outright kill rate statistically speaking will kill many more people. Those too sick to care for themselves and their children for instance will die indirectly from the original disease.

The photos of the Spanish flu are still around. Many show orphaned children fending for themselves in the slums.

edit on 9-7-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: added edit to add

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Unless it's undergone some GoF enhancement it would appear to be spread predominantly through contact with bodily fluids.

But, I've no doubt that another "crisis" could be easily created here, and we should all know by now that "crises" are actually opportunities not actual crises.

MODE OF TRANSMISSION: Primary mode of transmission appears to be via close personal contact with an infected individual or their body fluids(1). In the laboratory, the virus displays some capability of infection through small-particle aerosols; however, airborne spread among humans has not been clearly demonstrated(2). Individuals handling the infected monkeys or their fluids and cell cultures of Marburg virus have become ill.

COMMUNICABILITY: Person-to-person transmission can occur via close personal contact between an infected individual or their body fluids(1). Communicable as long as blood and secretions contain the virus(1,2). Semen can contain the virus for 3 months and is infective until semen is virus-free(1,2). Mother-to-child transmission while nurturing has also been documented(7).

Source

Don't worry,
They'll introduce a vaccine next week and everyone who signed up for the last pandemic will be first in line.
There ain't be any waiting, because by the time people realize they just signed up for an infected fluid transfer it will be to late...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join