It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Next Doctor Who is .......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

No I have to disagree it was great at first, great in fact until Chibnall took over and yes they had there woke bit's but mostly kept them out of the Doctors story.

The problem is Chibnall and his agenda which has trashed the doctor as affectively or even more so as Disney did to Star Wars (in fact Star Wars is morally superior now).

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Who's Chibnall?

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically a mediocre director given a dream ticket that then used it for agenda politics and trashed the franchise a bit like K Kennedy over at Disney but on a smaller scale of course.

edit on 8-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
They should never have revived it in 2005.

Actually the reboot was outstanding through David Tennant.

Should have stopped there. They'd be making more in rerun royalties than by trying to pander the woke crowd.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

A new spin-off audio version of the long-running British sci-fi show “Doctor Who” will be “very gay, very trans,” according to its producer and director, Ella Watts

IOW another Torchwood? 🤢

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

A new spin-off audio version of the long-running British sci-fi show “Doctor Who” will be “very gay, very trans,” according to its producer and director, Ella Watts

IOW another Torchwood? 🤢

Torchwood had fun episodes with a character that happened to be gay. The main focus was on the story, not identity politics.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I found the Welsh girl rather attractive as well, despite the persuasion of some of the characters it was indeed a great science fiction show, I could always go and make a cuppa whenever two blokes started tongue wrestling anyway, Harkness was a great character as well and yes they did not overplay that part of it so that was fine as it was after the watershed in the UK anyway.

Still there is a lot to be said for Mary Whitehouse I wish we had someone like her around today to lobby and keep the Media in the UK in line and decent.
en.wikipedia.org...

When she died TV in the UK went overboard with sex scenes (you know those old fade to black scenes were often far sexier than a pair of naked body's ever could be), bad language and other explicit content, no one cared about the impact it had on society or kids' any longer despite ample evidence that kids' SEE and kid's DO.

Anyway expect viewing numbers to severely plummet for the Doctor Who series as a result of this daft move, I just hope they get rid of Chibnall as quick as they can so that someone with some actual talent and love for the franchise can try to save it though I fear the damage has been done.
edit on 8-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Mary Whitehouse was a mad old bat who was always shoving her oar in and trying to ban everything.

I remember she objected to the sound of the Cybermen voices because she thought them too scary. She got her way and if you watch Revenge of the Cybermen now, they are just blokes in costumes talking normally. Completely ruined it.

But shame on the BBC and Dr Who production team for caving in to her.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ratings are super low since they went PC. Lowest numbers for the entire show.

Wouldn't doubt it ends and they blame it on racism.
edit on 9-5-2022 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Mary Whitehouse was a mad old bat who was always shoving her oar in and trying to ban everything.

I remember she objected to the sound of the Cybermen voices because she thought them too scary. She got her way and if you watch Revenge of the Cybermen now, they are just blokes in costumes talking normally. Completely ruined it.

But shame on the BBC and Dr Who production team for caving in to her.

HAHA I had to provoke that she did go TOO far but mostly her heart WAS in the right place, still I believe I would have been on the opposite side of the political spectrum from her on other matters.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Transgender assistant anybody ?

Main role! Ends the discussion about male or female actor for that. Also @ Encia22, it will be equally all colors.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: gortex

Also @ Encia22, it will be equally all colors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join