It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Next Doctor Who is .......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
As politically correct as the last Doctor Who , following the change to a female Doctor last time the next actor to play the Doctor will be Rwandan born Ncuti Gatwa , so that's that boxed ticked then.

Transgender assistant anybody ?

Showrunner Russell T Davies said Gatwa had impressed him in a "blazing" audition.

"It was our last audition. It was our very last one," the writer and producer said. "We thought we had someone, and then in he came and stole it.

"I'm properly, properly thrilled. It's going to be a blazing future."

The Queer As Folk and It's A Sin creator, who is returning to Doctor Who after departing in 2009, posted a selfie with Gatwa on the Baftas red carpet.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hope the Tardis remains blue.

BBLM - Blue Box Lives Matter

edit on 8/5/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
I hope the Tardis remains blue.

Considering the number of Progressive boxes checked off, I'm surprised they've stayed with a police box. You know, that symbol of repression that must be defunded...

Probably will replace it with a giant dandelion.

edit on 8-5-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It went off the rails after Capaldi. Didn't watch what's her face and won't be bothering with this one either.

Dr Who is dead. Let it go.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
..."Sex Education Black Man"

edit on 8-5-2022 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
It went off the rails after Capaldi. Didn't watch what's her face and won't be bothering with this one either.

Same here. He-She-it's gone through all his-her-it's re-generations, hasn't it?

Throw the Doctor's rotten corpse to the Daleks.
edit on 8-5-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Never watched Dr. Who...but imagine if the next title character was an actual owl.

That would be fun...because, you know, owls say: "Who".

Also...the kiddies would find that to be a real hoot.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Seconded.

Auntie Beeb's blatant agenda leaves a sour taste.

Switched off half way through Capaldi's tenure, never to return.

Hmmm , think I'll grab some Pertwee and Baker DVDs for this evening. Proper WHO.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And it went further than who played the Dr. They made the Dr. a one of a kind super special alien who is not even a Time Lord .. oh and originally the Dr is a black woman now.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

After the last one, Who cares!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(I'll show myself out)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I remember him.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm not a great fan of Doctor Who.
Loved it as a kid but after Tom Baker it all sort of started getting a bit boring and rather predictable for me - I guess some of that was just me getting older etc.
I've watched it every now and again since it got re-booted and didn't think much either way of Jodie Whittaker - who is quite a good actress, it just seems a bit bland to me.

I'm not one for box ticking at all and hate the invasion of wokism into TV, media and society in general - in all honesty it probably pisses me off more than anything else at present.
My initial reaction was 'here we go, more woke bollocks', but then I thought 'hang on, what if he is a good actor, can bring something new and dynamic to the role'?
Am I guilty of dismissing him just because he's Black or as some sort of reaction to wokism?
I know I'm not racist so it must be the latter.

I say give the guy a chance.....I suspect it'll still be crap, but that'll probably be more to do with rubbish scripts - heavily influenced by the woke agenda - and cheap production etc.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's not the actor so much as it's the writing!

They could star a handicapped fruit bat with small pox, but if the writing is brilliant, then Who'd care?

edit on 8-5-2022 by DBCowboy because: lol

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Producers have stated their focus on the show is to be progressive. Not make a good show.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Then it'll be #e then.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A new spin-off audio version of the long-running British sci-fi show “Doctor Who” will be “very gay, very trans,” according to its producer and director, Ella Watts.

www.nydailynews.com... l

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Meh. Give me Mat Smith back. Or Tom Baker. Baker was the Doc when I was a kid. Used to get up super early every weekend to watch Doctor Who on PBS.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

I think Clara was the best companion.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well they have the current Doctor's female assistant falling in love with the current female doctor (no wonder she can't wait to ditch the roll).

I would not be too surprised if it turned out the next assistant was a gay dog space man or space dog woman thing or even a tree can't be discriminatory against pollinators now?.

Sadly this Chibnall guy is the epitome of Woke and has upset so very many BBC licence payers, it's like give them public money and they can abuse it any way they want.

Back in the day the BBC stood for morality, now it stand's for social engineering.

But hearkening back to the good old Doctor this ironic parody sadly shows that at one time the Doctor was seen as a bastion of decency and people turned to the time lord in a world then sinking in woke gay, lesbian vending machine fetish S&M cape wearing lunatics that had taken over there own iconic heroes.

This is not by mistake, there is a CULT running the western and much of the rest of the world and they like the Soviets once wanted are intent upon destroying society so that they can remake it in there image, one lacking morality and even humanity as they turn people into serf's.

The media is one of the tool's they use.

I would love to see the BBC go back to airing Open university on mornings on BBC2 like they used to, to them producing world beating quality content and public information and documentary's as well as light entertainment such as there soap's and of course our now lost and Chibnallised science fiction treasure Doctor Who but it is not going to happen, they have destroyed or ripped up there code of conduct, instead of morality and goodness winning and inspirational programming for the public the BBC is being used to destroy the very values for which it once stood.

It COULD be fixed but rebuilding it back into the world beating public broadcaster it once was would take decades, either way it is a truly appalling and sickening abuse licence fee money to fund this social engineering, people are not paying to be brainwashed they are paying for public service and this quite simply is not what they are receiving.

Lastly I have no problem with the Doctors colour or the Doctor having a transsexual dalek side kick but HE should never have been changed in the way they have changed him into a her and think that it is just Chibnall playing out his own personal fantasy at our expense though to be fair I do not blame Jodie and she is in my opinion a fine actress given a badly conceived agenda driven scripts though as far as I remember there was NEVER a case of gender being changed when a time lord regenerated until Chibnall put that in there.

Now there WAS a female time lord that the previous guy in charge of the franchise created the Doctors Daughter whom was meant to spin off her own series but they could NOT be having a sexy blond time lord female character who is not afraid of using space gun's on a journey of self discovery seducing and defeating Davros now could they, well not in this age unless they turned her into a gay male or something.

It's all gone to pot basically like everything in our nations these day's.

And nothing against Gay's, they had Torchwood and it was great and the BBC made it clear by it's scheduling that it was not intended for kid's (even though they KNEW kid's would watch it).
edit on 8-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This was always going to happen.

They should never have revived it in 2005.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join