It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SCOTUS is currently deciding if you have a constitutional right to privacy….

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Was I trying to change your mind or pointing out the absurdity of your logic?

Just saying making something illegal won't get rid of it is a bad argument and you're smart enough to know it. The response you just gave shows you know it too.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Can I privately murder my wife?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Only if the decision is between you and your doctor.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's great logic, let's make rape legal since it being illegal won't get rid of it.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As long as no unborn babies are involved and it's only the woman and the Dr they should be able to have as many abortions as they like.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Was I trying to change your mind or pointing out the absurdity of your logic?

Just saying making something illegal won't get rid of it is a bad argument and you're smart enough to know it. The response you just gave shows you know it too.

It works for gun rights advocates. Only the bad people will have the guns, right to defend property, yada yada. But this time, it's a victimless crime. I've never met a single person who blamed systematic oppression, gender inequality, economic struggles, drug addiction, national security, election integrity or underprivileged circumstances on abortion. In fact it's always the opposite. Like I said previously, nothing changes except your conscience.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Soo the LGBTQ are now up in arms and protesting the leaked supreme court draft, like many here has said, this about fundamental rights to privacy, and guess what, they will get under attack too.

This is going to be very, very interesting.

HuffPost
Fundamental LGBTQ Rights Also Under Attack In Leaked Supreme Court Draft

See is always consequences about anything that has to do with rights of citizens.

news.yahoo.com...

BTW more Americans are pro abortion and women rights, than those that do not, how about that, because at the end of the day is no just about the save the fetuses is about women rights, no matter how much the anti abortion freaks wants to paint it.

Love it.
edit on 3-5-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

BTW more Americans are pro abortion and women rights, than those that do not, how about that,

It's split almost exactly down the middle, but pro choice is ahead by a smidge. Very very close.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I think the aborted baby might disagree there's no victim.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

When you factor in pro choice means a lot of different things the group with the most people are prolife.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Scare tactics from liberal media.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It has to do with education and the knowledge that this goes beyond just reproductive rights, is a littler very well put together bundle and this littler get together bundle if stricken down will affect very personal and private rights on many, many Americans and is not only the females of the species.

Yep is now been dissected and the implications are worst than expected. That is why I am pro abortion rights and pro Gun rights, why? because is all about our rights.

From my previous link, But it’s not lost on LGBTQ rights advocates that Alito intentionally referenced same-sex marriage rights in the context of eviscerating women’s reproductive rights.,

See while the anti reproductive rights cries about fetuses they bring that only into the conversation of what all this means.

I do not know if is because ignorance or just agendas.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When you factor in pro choice means a lot of different things the group with the most people are prolife.

When the options are pro choice or pro life, that tends to eliminate most of the ambiguity. But go ahead and post your sources. Here's some from my end.

Keeping in mind that the top source is a consensus from the past few years regarding overall reproductive health (the studies I referred to previously) while the other sources are concerned specifically with the parameters of Roe v Wade.

edit on 3-5-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here is a little factoid, Our slo leader said in 1974 that Roe V Wade went to far,. Today he says our liberties are under attack.
if you doubt it check out the dems favorite fact checkers snopes, the people that go out of their way to find a way to support dems liers anyway they can.

if that doesn't say what politicians do when they get to DC look around to see which way the wind blow

Fact is this decision doesn't outlaw abortion, it places back in hands of the states. There will be lots of blue states that will keep it legal, and as far as i know there is no law that says you can't travel to get health care. in fact i know lots of folks that travel to get procedures and treatment in other states when it's not available locally.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

One thing I hate about today's democratic party is that they have been eroding civil rights and stepping over them.

Then we have the Republicans that I align with that supposedly are all for freedoms and the rights of citizens, but then again, both parties seem no to be very much aligned with the freedoms of Americans after all.

Cashing on the sentiments and feelings of votes to push for the same crap over and over again, while eroding Americans constitutional rights.

Our nation is truly in big trouble and now is not about one party alone, but hey let the feelings take over the reality of what is going on with the Supreme court.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
There will be lots of blue states that will keep it legal, and as far as i know there is no law that says you can't travel to get health care. in fact i know lots of folks that travel to get procedures and treatment in other states when it's not available locally.

That is true but I bet that the states that will ban reproductive rights for females will have not problem punishing citizens of the states for seeking abortion in other states.

I hope I live long enough to see the mess that this will create, is going to be epic.

And how long will take when the Supreme court will have to step in again, maybe by then democrats will have the supreme court packet with judges of their choice.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
There will be lots of blue states that will keep it legal, and as far as i know there is no law that says you can't travel to get health care. in fact i know lots of folks that travel to get procedures and treatment in other states when it's not available locally.

That is true but I bet that the states that will ban reproductive rights for females will have not problem punishing citizens of the states for seeking abortion in other states.

I hope I live long enough to see the mess that this will create, is going to be epic.

And how long will take when the Supreme court will have to step in again, maybe by then democrats will have the supreme court packet with judges of their choice.

I may be wrong, but I believe you can't be prosecuted in one state for a crime committed in another state where it isn't a crime. Like the Travis translation but reversed. Someone may be more knowledgeable and correct me.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Untrue, you can be prosecuted for being a pedophile even if you had sex with a minor in a country where it was legal.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Technically I am pro choice, I believe in / abortion when the mother's life is in danger. I am 100% against Roe V Wade, it's a flawed argument. I can not privately kill someone and it not be a crime because I did it in private with a Dr.

I still have my right to privacy even though I can't commit murder in private to make it not a crime.

BTW your source says SCoTUS should overturn Roe V Wade and send it to the states, that is the LARGEST group in the poll at 44%.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 3-5-2022 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All of a sudden leftists are concerned with privacy. After the patriot act, NDAA, etc, you have no privacy. The NSA collects everything, every email, text, phone call. The Constitution was shredded long ago.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join