It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Outer Range? Damn good show!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach
Thanks for this suggestion, jerich0. I think I'll like it from the trailers.

And yes, Dark is a very well written show. Not your usual time travel story. The authors clearly understood what they were talknig about.

Thanks also to olaru12 for bringing Preacher to my attention.

I just finished watching the series Vikings...
I was stalling on watching the last season. What a ride that was!

Vikings was brilliant. But I dragged on with it towards the end, when a season ends, I tend to do that when the next one starts.

I'm going to see if I can find Dark to watch today. Seems there are no bad things said about it, and you mentioned Time Travel. Anything timey wimey is also something I am into.

The trailer to this show though, doesn't give much away, unlike most trailers these days which compress an entire story into 2 minutes. But definitely something, imo, that will catch on. 'till they cancel it for some reality show..

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: jerich0

Just finished episode 1 and so far so good. Looks like they filmed it in Montana but I could be wrong. Josh Brolin is great in everything he's been in so was looking forward to this series for awhile now

I've loved Brolin for a while now as an actor. It took me back when I first realised he was Thanos. The CGI still captured his persona in that though. He's just one of those unforgettable actors.

Ep 2 just turns things on it's head, right at the end. Loved it.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Ha! I just added this to my Prime account yesterday, and have it all ready set up to watch shortly after I come of ATS.... and what do I find? A bloomin' thread about it!
Thank you for the recommendation... I'll hop off now to start watching!
Rainbows
Jane

Haha, karma! or fate, synchronicity ! I see a lot of folk here have great taste...

And to think, I hesitated..
Gah I hate waiting for new episodes, all I have left to watch today (apart from recommendations from here) is the last episode of Halo. For a game turned tv show, it seems to be playing out well !!

Cheers Jane !!

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
Never heard of it. Will have to check it out. I've got Prime Video and never know what to watch on it.

Here is an aside, something I just realized not too long ago. Josh Brolin (Thanos) is the beloved Brand from the movie The Goonies:

Hahaha, I did the same thing. I looked him up on google images for when he was younger, and saw that pic. But it blindsided me when I found out he was in The Goonies. lmao. How age changes us, but he's just getting better, I reckon!!

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach
I just finished watching the 2 episodes...

Why didn't you wait until the end of the season to make your thread?

Now I'll have to wait a week before next show, just like in the old times! haha

Hahah, sorry about that. I had the urge to post it. But I know how that is, I also am stuck in hurry up and wait, mode.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Watching Dark right now, but at first when I realised it was a German show, I thought "Ohh nooo.. I don't want to read a tv show." think it was all subs.

But have to say, the voice acting on behalf of the characters is pretty spot on. Usually dubbed shows/movies get the nuanced feel completely wrong when speaking, making it feel contrived and sloppish. is sloppish a word? well it is now, I guess, lol..

Liking it so far, so for those of you who suggested it, cheers !!

Still working it out, but there are THREE seasons and that is my day in lieu of anything else happening. Grateful!

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks weird good which is my favorite type; I’m definitely going to watch.

I hate to hear you are unwell; sending well wishes your way. I hope you feel better soon.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks weird good which is my favorite type; I’m definitely going to watch.

I hate to hear you are unwell; sending well wishes your way. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you!! can't insert the usual heart emoji here... but it was there... I tried the angle bracket and 3 to be a heart, but it broke the post. :/

Sadly it's not something that can be fixed. So I am just plodding along for the time being. Trying to keep my spirits up. Hopes, not vodka that is..

But I do so appreciate your words. You also be well.

PS: I still can't get enough of looking at your pooch. What a gorgeous woofy. You are lucky to have found such a delight..

edit on 18-4-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Catastrophe

On Prime.

If you can stomach a rom-com

He, a charming and at times an overly witty American ad executive at a seminar in London.
She, as spunky an Irish lass as you will ever encounter with an acerbic impulse.
They meet at the bar of a crowded club his first night, a couple of verbal jabs at one another and it's off to his room for a week if hot and heavy.
Saying goodbye, he has a flight to catch you know and we did agree that it was only a fling no matter how great a time we had so goodbye. What times is it? Oh I got twenty minutes before my cab comes so it's back to the room for a quicky.

Back home two months later he gets the call. Prego. He being the upstanding guy he is insists he will return and help her in her decision and stand by her as his responsibility. Fight, squabble, insult and it's back to the bedroom.
Neither has had a long and lasting relationship because they are both so self centered that no one could stand to be with them for more than a month or so. So what do they do? They get married, hence, catastrophe.

Lot's of side characters that are weird and funny as hell

I only bring this one to your attention because I loved it so much.

However if that style is not for you have you seen Justified? Certainly you must have if you liked Preacher. No weirdness like preacher but just lots of back country mayhem and nasty nasty bad guys and a sheriff to put-em down.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Acting is good considering the script is so-so.
I’ll keep watching for a few more episodes

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just finished watching the 4 episodes that are available.

⚠ Spoliers ⚠

The story itself is intriguing and keeps you hooked. I did notice a trend in this that I've seen in a lot of other series of late. And that is no one is likeable. Why is it that they are making all of the characters in TV shows these days very unlikable. All of them. The only persons that are somewhat likeable are the little girl, as she has no idea what is going on, and Joy, the sheriff she seems descent enough.

We have the the Abbots. Royal Abbot, the grandad/dad is not that likeable. He is not totally unlikable, but he does stupid things. Doesn't want to tell anyone what is going on with him, about the hole he found. He decides to help cover up the murder his son committed. I have to give it to him he had the phone in his hand and was ready to call the sheriff, but he didn't follow through.

Perry Abbot, whose wife, Rebecca, went missing, he is really broody and unlikable, as is his brother Rhett. Perry hit one of the Tillerson's in the neck for talking about his missing wife, which I guess is understandable. But then he beats him to death (don't go hitting someone in the neck and hitting him till he's dead). That guy is under a lot of stress because his wife went missing, and was drinking, so he did something stupid. Now the whole family is covering up the accidental murder. Manslaughter is probably what it would be considered and he would do at least a few years in prison for it.

Which brings me to the mom, she seemed half-way decent but she wants to cover up the murder as well.

That brings me to the Tillerson family, they are all pretty rotten.

That brings me to the strange woman that shows up to camp on the land, who obviously knows a lot more than she is letting on. She just pushes Royal into the void hole when she watches him ditch the Tillerson's dead body into it. I mean what type of person does that? She is not a good person at all. Unlikable.

The story and acting is good enough. But no one is likeable. Royal (Josh Brolin) plays the type of man/dad/grandad that you don't like being around. He's the type of guy you're glad is gone all day at work, and try to avoid when he gets home. His kids are weird, they have no charm or charisma.

Oh, the cute Mexican that likes Rhett, Maria. She seems fun enough. So I guess there are 3 likeable characters in this story. The sheriff, Joy (easy enough to remember as that's my mom's name), the granddaughter, Amy, and Maria, the Mexican love interest of Rhett. The rest of the characters are repelling in some way.

So what is my theory? That this is a man-made wormhole of sorts, a rift in time that perhaps was caused by a government experiment. Autumn, the mysterious woman that showed up probably was involved somehow or knows what was going on, perhaps she is even working for the government. And her name is probably some type of foreshadowing.

And how did that Tillerson, Wayne, the dad, know something was going on? He felt it. He called Royal's wife on the phone and told her he felt something was coming. He knows more than he is letting on too. And he wants The Abbot's land. When Royal was pushed into the void he came out in the future and there was some type of army occupation on it along with oil rigs. Which leads me to believe Wayne knows the land is oil rich and wants it for himself, but how does he know? Is that why Rebecca went missing? The army knows of the time rift. Are they there because they are the ones that caused it?
edit on 26-4-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Just watched the latest 2 episodes.... is it just me or is it 'losing the plot'?
However, I did think of this when watching....

Rainbows
Jane
PS.... bugger.... here's the whole YouTube link.... www.youtube.com...
edit on am54America/ChicagoMonday2022-05-02T04:26:21-05:0004America/Chicago05000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It’s a pretty wild ride for sure. Imogen Poots is pretty good in it. I also liked Tom Pelphrey in Banshee. He seems typecast but dude can cry on demand and get angry as hell. This last episode was crazy! I’m definitely looking forward to more. It’s my kind of weird.

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Royle is a time traveller!
Loving this series.... weirdness overload!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

It was two years ago, at the age of 52, I first saw The Goonies. Always thought the name was goofy but didn't know squat about the movie.

Guess I would have liked it when it came out but seeing it as an old man it was rather cheesy and somewhat boring. Oh well, at least I can say I've seen it, which seemed to catch me some flack from some people.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
... Just praying it doesn't do a Lost on us.

When Lost just started out I rated it around 6, I liked the mystery stuff about the hatch and the bunker beneath with the button that needed to be pushed otherwise the world would end, supposedly. But it went down to a rating of 5.5 for me once the button was not pushed and the world didn't end (can't even remember all that well what that button was actually doing, something about keeping some monster at bay or something, either way, it was really disappointing; they put so much emphasis on how important it was to keep pushing the button, and then in the end it didn't seem all that important at all, and they just dragged it out again as to the resolution of this mystery of what this button was actually doing, to the point that by the time they resolved it, I didn't really care anymore, which is why I can't remember exactly anymore, it was doing something magnetic?). At the time, I already didn't like all the numerous scenes off the island, and everything being so dragged out and the pacing being so slow (too many slowmotion scenes at the end of episodes as well), but then in the last season they really ruined everything, the whole storyline built up in the preceding seasons. Final rating: 3.9.

So if this show is equally slow paced to drag out the mystery because the resolution of that mystery is a bit lame in the end anyway, I think I'll give it a pass. But I did add it somewhere near the top of my 'to-watch' list, just to see if it's like Lost in that regards. Perhaps someone here knows already, to save me the time.

For comparison, I've got The Twilight Zone 1985–1989 rated at 5.7 in my rating list. It had its moments but some rather boring episodes as well. The only other show in the (fantasy/)mystery genre I have in my list is Stranger Things at 2.4. I guess Lost somewhat ruined the mystery genre for me (once more shows started copying that style, especially the endless dragging out of the storyline and getting to the point of resolving the mystery, in a disappointing way anyway; then I'm thinking: 'they might as well gotten it over with already if it's gonna be that lame, is that what I waited for all this time?').

Well, I saw one episode of Under the Dome, I guess that's mystery, but that was never going to be my type of show. The focus straight away was on soap and character-character drama, forcefitted and overshadowing the mystery of the dome (which probably had a lame resolution as well, dragged out into oblivion). The IMDB rating is already just 6.5, for these type of cheap assembly line shows, my rating is usually 5 points lower than IMDB. For example, The Flash's IMDB rating is 7.6, I've got it at 2.5. Of course that doesn't count for the shows I actually like or liked (those are all rated above 8 on IMDB as they are for me). But 6.5 is already a really low rating for IMDB. 7.5 on IMDB for Outer Range is already not a good sign for me if that means it's on par with The Flash and Arrow. And the show sounds like it won't be a show with lots of expensive CGI and eye candy either. Then I prefer Halo (IMDB: 7.1; me:7), which also has a lot of mystery but at least futuristic tech and expensive accompanying CGI, even spaceships. That's a bit more my style.
edit on 8-5-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Saw the first 5 episodes now...this is even slower paced than Lost. From time to time, when there is a scene related to the hole, I get the feeling I'm watching Donnie Darko, where nothing makes any sense and everything is downright cryptic.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Saw the first 5 episodes now...this is even slower paced than Lost. From time to time, when there is a scene related to the hole, I get the feeling I'm watching Donnie Darko, where nothing makes any sense and everything is downright cryptic.

This is what I was thinking about at the end there:

Guess I meant "encrypted" as well.
edit on 9-5-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, I just barely made it through episode 5 and think I'm done with it. It was a tedious watch, very slow paced.

I will add one idea that came to me here, that Autumn, the woman that showed up at the beginning to camp on the land, what if she is Royal's young daughter all grown up? The fact she pushed him into the void hole kinda makes me think that's not the case, but just throwing it out there. Will keep an eye on this thread and the reviews on IMDB. If they don't get better I'm probably not gonna watch any more of this, just lost my interest. I might tune in to the last episode to see how everything resolves, unless I see that it gets better. But like whatislogic said, that is probably not going to happen.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: randomuser

It was two years ago, at the age of 52, I first saw The Goonies. Always thought the name was goofy but didn't know squat about the movie.

Guess I would have liked it when it came out but seeing it as an old man it was rather cheesy and somewhat boring. Oh well, at least I can say I've seen it, which seemed to catch me some flack from some people.

I've always been fond of The Goonies, even now in my 40's, I can watch it at least once a year. No doubt because I first watched the movie the last day of school in first grade. So I was what? How old are you in first grade? 5 or 6? The name comes from the Goons, or the Goon Docks where they grew up. If I saw it later in life like you I'd probably feel the same as you about it.
edit on 9-5-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join