It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Outer Range? Damn good show!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, I've been ill for the past week, but if not, this looks like it's going to be a damn good show.

Thanos is in it
Well the actor. Set in more or less modern times, but all Western. And what goes on, is weird and strange. I hesitated to watch it, but the idea just caught me, and I'm so glad it did. No spoilers, but the end of Ep2 was a real mind frag.

I cannot wait to see how this random new and intriguing show plays out.. A lot of user reviews compare it to so many shows, one being Lost. I've never seen the Dark so I have no clue, but from their words I will add it to my list of things.

Get it in'ya !!

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Dark was an excellent show, well cast and an unpredictable plot line with time travel overtures

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, I've been ill for the past week, but if not, this looks like it's going to be a damn good show.

Is the only reason you watched this show because you've been ill, or, is you're being ill is the only reason you like this show?

DISCLAIMER: I haven't seen the show.

edit on 17-4-2022 by Sookiechacha because: ?

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Good start Jericho. Going about regular business on the range, all of a sudden this weird chick shows up and a hole to nothingness to boot. ''Boot'' get it? Western? So far the acting is good with Brolin setting the hard core cowboy vibe like he did in No Country for Old Men. And Will Patten, his adversary laying in his sick bed with the oxygen hose hooked up and wearing his cowboy hat. Some how he knows there is prime weirdness on the West Forty and that has by the end of the second episode proven to be oh so true.

Another we are watching is ''The Grand''. Very loosely based on Catherine the Great and her taking the throne from Peter III is filled with some very wild kaa kaa. Palace politics, palace turmoil, palace sex, palace intrigue, palace murder, and on and on. Nothing like Open Range at all, just thought I would toss it at you.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I had a small part/role in the first episode. It was great working with that fine cast and crew.
Have you watched "Preacher" ?? Another strange project I had the good fortune to work on.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I watched the first two episodes, it looks good!

;up:

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Preacher was outta the park like the final ball in The Natural, just kept on goin and goin and goin..

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Pretty much right up my alley even don't mind the use of Angel in the Morning" which now seems synonymous with Deadpool.

Josh Brolin hell this looks like Lewellen Moss in the Twilight Zone or Pet Sematary, I'll definitely give it a watch

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thanks for this suggestion, jerich0. I think I'll like it from the trailers.

And yes, Dark is a very well written show. Not your usual time travel story. The authors clearly understood what they were talknig about.

Thanks also to olaru12 for bringing Preacher to my attention.

I just finished watching the series Vikings...
I was stalling on watching the last season. What a ride that was!

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just finished episode 1 and so far so good. Looks like they filmed it in Montana but I could be wrong. Josh Brolin is great in everything he's been in so was looking forward to this series for awhile now

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ha! I just added this to my Prime account yesterday, and have it all ready set up to watch shortly after I come of ATS.... and what do I find? A bloomin' thread about it!
Thank you for the recommendation... I'll hop off now to start watching!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Never heard of it. Will have to check it out. I've got Prime Video and never know what to watch on it.

Here is an aside, something I just realized not too long ago. Josh Brolin (Thanos) is the beloved Brand from the movie The Goonies:

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Damn, I never knew that but now it makes a lot of sense lol thanks for the factoid

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I just finished watching the 2 episodes...

Why didn't you wait until the end of the season to make your thread?

Now I'll have to wait a week before next show, just like in the old times! haha

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Is the only reason you watched this show because you've been ill, or, is you're being ill is the only reason you like this show?

DISCLAIMER: I haven't seen the show.

Bit of both, but nah, just wasn't sure if someone had mentioned it the past week.

Being ill, I didn't watch anything. Laid up in bed, wondering what next..

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Good start Jericho. Going about regular business on the range, all of a sudden this weird chick shows up and a hole to nothingness to boot. ''Boot'' get it? Western? So far the acting is good with Brolin setting the hard core cowboy vibe like he did in No Country for Old Men. And Will Patten, his adversary laying in his sick bed with the oxygen hose hooked up and wearing his cowboy hat. Some how he knows there is prime weirdness on the West Forty and that has by the end of the second episode proven to be oh so true.

Another we are watching is ''The Grand''. Very loosely based on Catherine the Great and her taking the throne from Peter III is filled with some very wild kaa kaa. Palace politics, palace turmoil, palace sex, palace intrigue, palace murder, and on and on. Nothing like Open Range at all, just thought I would toss it at you.

Always looking for good things to catch! lol to boot, huh. cowboy boots?!

This show has just enough curiosity and general strangeness to make it for me. Right up my alley. Just praying it doesn't do a Lost on us. But so far, I have ideas for other things to watch, as long as it's not a saucy Downton Abbey

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I had a small part/role in the first episode. It was great working with that fine cast and crew.
Have you watched "Preacher" ?? Another strange project I had the good fortune to work on.

www.youtube.com...

You were in this? Insane. Well done!!

Preacher, I was so into that. Especially seeing Rudy (the vampire) from Misfits playing his usual self. Misfits is a rather quirky thing. Not sure if you've seen it. A freak storm gives everyone weird superpowers. He doesn't come in till season 2, but he's a craic. It's like Chav's doing community service... but with powers that don't know they have.

Preacher is one of my faves!

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I watched the first two episodes, it looks good!

;up:

Beats most things coming out these days, though there are a few gems. Feels like digging in the dirt to find the diamonds, hoping ep 3 gives us more insight into what the heck happened at the end of EP 2.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: olaru12

Preacher was outta the park like the final ball in The Natural, just kept on goin and goin and goin..

Like Lucifer. They ended it, and the twatter campaign, Save Lucifer, gave us a final season. One of those shows you either hate or love. I loved it but it could have been better. When Lucifer was given his final role (no spoilers) that kinda stitched it up and I knew it was the end. Good show, nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Pretty much right up my alley even don't mind the use of Angel in the Morning" which now seems synonymous with Deadpool.

Josh Brolin hell this looks like Lewellen Moss in the Twilight Zone or Pet Sematary, I'll definitely give it a watch

If you do, let me know what you think. Starts off a bit slowish, but keeps you gripped, at least it did me!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join