It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Smith Assaults Chris Rock on Live TV at the Oscars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: new_here

what better way to revive a dying tradition. Use actors to act as if they had a tiff.
Totally believable.

I doubt will smith would be cussing like that if it was staged . He sounded like a mental case

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Here, this explains why Will Smith and Jada didn't appreciate the joke:

www.theguardian.com...

“Jada, can’t wait for GI Jane 2,” Rock said in an apparent reference to her shaved hair, which is a result of the hair loss condition alopecia. Smith walked on stage and hit Rock before returning to his seat and shouting: “Keep my wife’s name out of your f***** mouth.”

(edited out swearing)

ETA - Here's more in a different article from the same source that tries to explain Smith's mental state:

www.theguardian.com...

In his autobiography, published in November 2021, the actor describes at length the appalling domestic violence he and his three siblings witnessed his father, William, inflict on his mother, Caroline.

“When I was nine years old, I watched my father punch my mother in the side of the head so hard that she collapsed,” he wrote. “I saw her spit blood. That moment in that bedroom, probably more than any other moment in my life, has defined who I am.”

Smith wrote that it wasn’t only the violence that traumatised him, but his own inaction in the face of it.

edit on 28/3/2022 by Encia22 because: Added more content

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Yeah, I was was off the mark.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: Gothmog
Just watched (i don't usually watch anything on YouTube) on a 37" 4k LED at full screen .
It appears fake , as Will's right hand passes IN FRONT of Chris; face .
I call media deception .

Why though? If its a set up, who would care enough?

Lol.. gotta admit. When I saw it on YT, I came straight here to see if a thread was posted. I came for the comments.

Somebody might care , but I could care less .
That was just my observation from watching in slow motion on full screen /
Usually , when one slaps another the hand goes parallel .
I saw the hand in front of the face pulled nearly straight back .
edit on 3/28/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux

Yeah, accept he was laughing at the joke, along with everyone else.
Until he realized his wife wasn't.
Then he does something.

Again, hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It amuses me that anyone thinks this was real. An actor slapping another actor. Lol too funny.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It kinda looks like Rock is leaning in expecting it. At first I was like wow but I think just is staged.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Staged due to UFC drama and Wills role!

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Some of the worst acting I have ever seen.

The memes about Smith being a CUCK are priceless.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
2 possibilities: 🕳️

1. Staged Act

2. Smith likely coked-up

🕳️

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Staged for sure. Knew it as soon as I saw it. Pitiful.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
Just a Soap Opera for the addicted .
Sure beats "Housewives of ____ (fill in the blank) " though .

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Just watched (i don't usually watch anything on YouTube) on a 37" 4k LED at full screen .
It appears fake , as Will's right hand passes IN FRONT of Chris; face .
I call media deception .

First thing I saw was the yelling afterwards, which seemed real to me, but I'm not so sure now after watching the slap. Watching it in slow motion, it looked like Will was smiling for a split second when he turned around immediately after the slap.

Also, Chris seemed to take it too good. That would have stung and at the very least you'd think he'd show a brief moment of unpleasantness/discomfort, but he didn't seem to be affected by it at all.

I'm undecided.

Ok, I just watched it a couple more times in slow-mo before posting this comment. As Chris was leaning over immediately following the slap, his face does kinda look like he didn't like it. However, I'm now leaning more towards it being fake because of Chris' hands.

As Will was walking towards him, Chris was holding his own hands behind his back. I'm thinking he was doing that in order to stop himself from reacting, so that he wouldn't instinctively try to block the slap.

Also, you can't really hear a slap. All you hear is the microphone thud.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
2 possibilities: 🕳️

1. Staged Act

2. Smith likely coked-up

🕳️

Here are 2 more possibilities:
1. Jabbed and sold and doesn't know right from wrong any more.
2. Did you see the look on his jabbed hag, had to.

I shouldn't be replying in this thread. I have nothing nice to say except I hope it was staged. Otherwise, it reminds me those people who go to Disney world and end up in a fist fight.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: acrux

Yeah, accept he was laughing at the joke, along with everyone else.
Until he realized his wife wasn't.
Then he does something.

Again, hypocrite.

Indeed, he's a boofhead, being portrayed as capable of being GI Jane 2 is flattering as only a strong smoking hot woman could pull it of.

He's a child.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Apparently Jake Paul wants Rock & Smith to open up the fight card on his next pay-per-view in August.

Jake Paul has offered to organise a boxing match between Will Smith and Chris Rock after the Best Actor winner slapped the comedian at the 2022 Oscars ceremony.

“I got $15m for Will Smith and $15m for Chris Rock ready to go Let’s do it in August on my undercard.”

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Not sure why he would want to defend her honor...
He should have divorced her butt and then been laughing at a joke made about his ex wife..

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque

Here are 2 more possibilities:
1. Jabbed and sold and doesn't know right from wrong any more.
2. Did you see the look on his jabbed hag, had to.

IF it was real, I wouldn't be surprised if steroids or some type of quick weight-loss drug factored into his rage.

This was last year.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Clearly Jada wears the pants, she looked pissed and certainly nudged him and said you do something or I will! Will knew she would and totally disrespect him on live tv by doing so, so he had to react because he likely would have been Cuc smacked by one of her boyfriends once the show was over.
Their relationship is cringy and there were interviews they both did explaining their open marriage. Will seems like he isn't into it at all, but yet he was there trying to help Jada justify it.
As far as disrespecting someone, it was a joke, that is what jokes are, tongue in cheek disrespects get laughs. Chicken crossed the road jokes do not.
a reply to: [post=26423

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Chris rock took it like a man. No crying, no falling and had a sense of humour about it.

He sure did! Barely lost his footing for half a sec but stayed on his feet and kept right on going. THAT was impressive.

Who woulda thunk Will would make Chris look that good? Bet Will didn't!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join