It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Invisible wall was created by accident at a 3M Factory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
See I like this, This to me is the ATS I come to love.
I kinda had a idea like this years ago. I always thought any kind of so called force field would be made up of static electricity. Ever wear flannels in the wintertime when your house is dry from heating it. And in the dark when you take off flannels you can see blue static sparks? I noticed some sparks bouncing off and against each other, and that gave me this force field idea at the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
how do you beat it?
a waster mister! LOL.

would it work in a vacuum?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Cool story, but what are the odds reverse engineering that moment?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This incident and another are two I'm certain produced fevered research in black labs, somewhere.

The other one that Corliss recorded was in the 1960s or 70s in Central Illinois, where they ran a full power test at a power plant and an image appeared over some of the equipment of a woman reclining on a chez of some sort, wearing odd clothing and the glimpses of the room she was in had odd decor, making some of the people present wonder if it was a window into some other time or reality and the image was there for the full time of the test.. . keeping in mind I read about it 30 years ago and specifics are fuzzy.

But force fields and windows into other realities, or even this one, would be very, very useful.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This rings a bell with me.Haven't we heard this before.?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Cool now can it be used to make an invisible dog pen? I hate my neighbors dog and this would be perfect for screwing with it once in awhile… here doggy doggy doggy come get this nice juicy steak

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Spam removed.
edit on 3/23/2022 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
3M? Hmm, will I stick to the invisible wall as well? Or just repelled from it? I don't buy it was an accident!

XL5

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It shouldn't be too hard to make if you have a lathe, 3d printer, dc motor, some rubber exercise belt, spray on teflon or some other coating for the belt and some oval pulleys of different materials. Just use 4 pulleys at 45 degrees to make the door and 2 drums on either side to store the belt (or make a box and leave the drums out). Maybe it is just high voltage or maybe it is high voltage with torsion (45 degree twists) that make the effect happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamps1
3M? Hmm, will I stick to the invisible wall as well? Or just repelled from it? I don't buy it was an accident!

I suppose that depends on how many rubbers your wearing at your attempt at penetration?

dont think balloon sticking to wall by rubbing it on your hair for science trick but if you do thats the concept I am distorting to be an asshole =D

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Finally solution for jehovas

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
send the link to elon musk. he will figure it out.a reply to: underwerks

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I think that it might depend on what type of charge was carried. There might have been a strong static charge and the people who couldn't walk through were the same polarity as the charge. The fly might have been the opposite charge. Low humidity and rubber shoe soles may have enabled the people to keep their charges.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Excellent thread---wouldn't this mirror the Philadelphia experiment? One would think the alphabet agencies and the military would already have some sort of idea this could occur.

I may be wrong but I recall reading that Tesla coils could do the same thing?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Interesting story, wish there was more on this topic. Could Use some more imagination around here

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I was just thinking about this subject too because when I brush my cat, the forces you experience from these fields feel so strong. I always think - ‘man something can be done with this..’

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh I love this old article!! Apparently instead of hiring people to look into it, 3M just added a device to discharge the electricity and called it a day.

Honestly I've felt it's possible no one ever actually did look into it. The effect wasn't consistent, it only worked at a certain temperature and humidity. And the amount of charge and forces working there are *immense*. With a lot of the really high voltage stuff like this, it's possible you can't recreate the effects on a small scale.

If nobody ever gave it enough credibility to sent up a million dollar static electricity machine and recreate the original circumstances... what if the discovery of the force field is still just waiting there for somebody to do it?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluenose13

A while back I helped design a pneumatic conveying system for nylon pellets. We specified grounding straps every six feet on the two hundred foot system. The contractor who installed it decided to save some money by installing a grounding strap every sixty feet. When we powered it up for tests it was throwing arcs everywhere. Several of the mount brackets were almost burned through because of the arcing.

When I read the original post static electricity was the first thing I thought of. My current job involves high voltage - high amperage equipment. During some of our testing we wear a copper mesh suit and special shoes. There are straps on the suit that snap to the shoes and we walk on a copper grid. That way if there is any arcing it goes through the suit to the shoes and then to ground. Some times you can feel a slight resistance as you approach a unit under power. That's from the difference in polarity.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Considering it was 3M, and the folks that work for them, I have absolutely no problem considering this a fact. And..electricity is a pretty untamed animal if you think about it, especially static,

....I got pretty wrapped up in a project once where static played some sort of role, there ended up being quite a few 'anomalies'..luckily neither myself or anyone else ended up crispy..

But this repulsing tractor field sounds pretty plausible to me..If it happened I would bet ANY type of US gov involvement was automatically cancelled somewhere in the documenting process leaving the invention in the hands of private investors who would either disregard the idea in hopes of reducing its value so as to be acquired cheap next time it came around, or it wouldn't even make it that far...only existing in the minds of the people that experienced it..And a few sci-fi writers that can spin it into a great 'film'..no pun intended.

Sincerely
Squirrel Turd
edit on 24-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: Not much nuttier than that

edit on 24-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: oh my!

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The description of a plastic film on rollers is comparable to the internals of a Van de Graaff generator, causing the Triboelectric Effect.
edit on 24-3-2022 by MisterBeef because: difficult spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join