It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The HAARP Project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've been thinking about HAARP it's rarely talked about anymore . Just what are it's capability's ?

Can It actually modify weather and just what frequency does it work on How often do they fire it up ?

Now i'll ask my real question can it and or will it disrupted Missile and plane electronics do they intact a no fly zone when they turn it on ?

Whats it's real range and could it possibly really be a military research program that could be a missile defense system I wonder what effects it would have at full power on a incoming nuclear war head ?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

There were many good threads covering HAARP here years ago. You should be able to find them if you use the search function.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dude, you’re gonna wake up Phage.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

take a class at the University of Fairbanks Alaska and find out. That's who runs HAARP now.

haarp.gi.alaska.edu...

The High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program, or HAARP, is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere. "The ionosphere stretches roughly 50 to 400 miles above Earth's surface, right at the edge of space. Along with the neutral upper atmosphere, the ionosphere forms the boundary between Earth's lower atmosphere — where we live and breathe — and the vacuum of space." (NASA)

Operation of the research facility was transferred from the United States Air Force to the University of Alaska Fairbanks on Aug. 11, 2015, allowing HAARP to continue with exploration of ionospheric phenomenology via a land-use cooperative research and development agreement.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It was officially closed some years back. Moved out ..at least Alaska.

Much about that online..

PS Some shows have gone up and filmed around. (Quiet....hmmm). Other HAARPS worldwide? Who knows?
edit on 03224631America/ChicagoTue, 22 Mar 2022 13:38:46 -050038202200000046 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Dude, you’re gonna wake up Phage.

Where is she lately, I like reading her well informed posts.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It was officially closed some years back. Moved out ..at least Alaska.

Much about that online..

PS Some shows have gone up and filmed around. (Quiet....hmmm). Other HAARPS worldwide? Who knows?

Still there.
Grant Helps Bring New Research Back to HAARP

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I've been thinking about HAARP it's rarely talked about anymore . Just what are it's capability's ?

Can It actually modify weather and just what frequency does it work on How often do they fire it up ?

Now i'll ask my real question can it and or will it disrupted Missile and plane electronics do they intact a no fly zone when they turn it on ?

Whats it's real range and could it possibly really be a military research program that could be a missile defense system I wonder what effects it would have at full power on a incoming nuclear war head ?

"I've been thinking about HAARP it's rarely talked about anymore . Just what are it's capability's ?"
You mean capabilities ?
Not much as it was designed purely for research .

"Can It actually modify weather and just what frequency does it work on How often do they fire it up ?"
Sure , as anything that heats up the atmosphere can "alter" weather . Just on a very weak scale .

"Now i'll ask my real question can it and or will it disrupted Missile and plane electronics do they intact a no fly zone when they turn it on ?"
Not concentrated enough .

"Whats it's real range and could it possibly really be a military research program that could be a missile defense system I wonder what effects it would have at full power on a incoming nuclear war head ?"
Directly overhead , or underground depending on the research performed at the time .
Second part of the question : No effect at all on "nuclear warheads" . They are guided by "inertia" and the warheads are nuclear .

So , i hope that answers your questions .

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

HAARP never was up to the things they said it was. In fact, prior to nuts starting to show up there and harassing the people who worked there and lived nearby, they would share all data freely with anyone and they would give anyone who requested it a tour. The only reason it's fenced in is to prevent people from killing themselves. Lots of juice there to fry yourself with.

Once while stopping at a gas station/store in Glennallen, AK I ran into a bunch of the young people who worked there who were filling up their bus and getting snacks. Nice bunch of people who immediately invited me to tour HAARP which is not far from there. I never went, but before people ruined it for the rest of us, anyone could get a tour.

That nut Jesse Ventura showed up there unannounced demanding to be let in and lied like they had told him no, when in fact he just needed to ask in advance. He was all showboat and full of crap. That pretty much ended the friendliness and easy to get tours.
edit on 3/22/2022 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I really like it out in that area, climbed up Donnelly Dome last summer just for the heck of it. The mountains I wanted to go to were socked in.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Once while stopping at a gas station/store in Glennallen, AK I ran into a bunch of the young people who worked there who were filling up their bus and getting snacks. Nice bunch of people who immediately invited me to tour HAARP which is not far from there. I never went, but before people ruined it for the rest of us, anyone could get a tour.

It may well be you met my nephew .

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That was quite some time ago. I think around 2007 or so. At the station/store at the Glenn Hwy/Richarson Hwy intersection. I was sitting outside eating a sandwich while my wife was inside looking for something.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That was quite some time ago. I think around 2007 or so. At the station/store at the Glenn Hwy/Richarson Hwy intersection. I was sitting outside eating a sandwich while my wife was inside looking for something.

Nephew graduated the University of Alaska at Fairbanks a little later .
Or was it a little earlier ?
Dang , I am getting old in my forgetful age .
edit on 3/23/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You and me both. I'm getting old and I swear I can't remember anything like I once could. I've mellowed out a lot though. I don't get worked up over things anymore. It's all good

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown
Tesla operated ionospheric heating experiments at Wardenclyffe Tower starting in 1901. Improving the reflectivity of the upper layers of the atmosphere improves radio communications skip phenomena etc. Hurricane Katrina required a lot of marine warnings for ships and flood watches so its natural to assume they may have been using HAARP to improve the reflectivity for ship to shore etc. But that example is just 1901 technology. By the time Jodie Foster was starring in the movie "Contact" based on 1960's technology there was outer space and inner space and at the Arecibo dish that is probably still classified.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

They don't call it a "no fly zone", they call it a NOTAM. You can find NOTAMs online. Here's one above the HAARP facility from the surface up to 25,000 feet for a radius of 2.5 nautical miles (2.5 NM, which is the stated range for the NOTAM):

NOTAM above HAARP

FDC 2/3162 ZAN AK..AIRSPACE GULKANA, AK..TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 2.5NM RADIUS OF 622333N1450902W (GKN007016.6) SFC-FL250 FOR ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION FR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137 (A)(1) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT. TRANSIT THRU THE AIRSPACE MAY BE AUTH BY HAARP COMMAND CENTER, TEL 907-822-5497 OR FREQ 123.3. ANCHORAGE /ZAN/ ARTCC TEL 907-269-1103 IS THE FAA CDN FACILITY. 2201142000-2201142345

So as long as airplanes stay more than 2.5 nautical miles from HAARP they are out of the range of the NOTAM. What is the reason for the NOTAM? I'd like more information about that myself, but if I had to guess, I'd be more concerned about the effects of the electromagnetic radiation on the humans in the aircraft, than on the aircraft itself. The effects of EM radiation on humans has been studied but there are still unknowns and debates. There are ethical issues with exposing humans to high levels of EM radiation to see what happens, so it's probably just best to avoid intense sources of EM, which the NOTAM above HAARP would facilitate.

The biggest effect from HAARP is in the ionosphere, but not much flies at that altitude. Regarding missiles, ICBM's can fly right over the top of HAARP's range so I don't see how HAARP could stop those, and cruise missiles fly at relatively low altitudes to avoid radar so they get nowhere near the ionosphere and probably have pretty good shielding so I don't expect HAARP to have much effect on those. Ordinary commercial aircraft don't usually go above 10 miles high and the ionosphere is from something like 30 miles to 600 miles high, which is where HAARP's power is dissipated.

The military turned the project over to the University of Alaska and according to the HAARP FAQ the Air Force is in the process of transferring the land to the University. I think the military did have some interest in HAARP for communication related topics, but I'm not sure what else.

edit on 2022324 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Funny it’s about to light up a TFR around (H@ARP) today and tomorrow. There are two TFRs (Rocket launch)in AK in the next day or two, one tfr is unusually large. Up on the Brooks Range near arctic village. The smaller north of Fairbanks.

edit on 24-3-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

!FDC 2/3884 ZAN AK..AIRSPACE 20NM NE FAIRBANKS, AK..TEMPORARY
FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 12NM RADIUS
OF 651100N1472700W (FAI011027) AND WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 45NM RADIUS
OF 680600N1471900W
edit on 24-3-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It was talking about HAARP with a friend of mine that got me to come to this site. Its really hard to find good information about HAARP online anymore. Its all being censored and removed. My friend told me this site had the best information about HAARP from years ago, and I am not disappointed. The archives so far are the best part of this site.

I think it does modify weather. How could it not? Like, they are shooting microwaves at the ionosphere and heating it up like a frozen burrito. That has to have some effect on the weather.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat
I think it does modify weather. How could it not? Like, they are shooting microwaves at the ionosphere and heating it up like a frozen burrito. That has to have some effect on the weather.
The ionosphere is so far above where the weather happens in the troposphere I don't see why heating the ionosphere would have to affect the troposphere.

atmospheric layers

Plus the heating from HAARP was not that much compared to natural phenomena:

The Military’s Mystery Machine

“This is completely uninformed,” says Umran Inan, a professor of electrical engineering at Stanford University whose research group works with HAARP. “There’s absolutely nothing we can do to disturb the Earth’s [weather] systems. Even though the power HAARP radiates is very large, it’s minuscule compared with the power of a lightning flash—and there are 50 to 100 lightning flashes every second. HAARP’s intensity is very small.”

Because lightning flashes are so powerful, there's a possibility that lightning flashes can affect the ionosphere, but the power of HAARP is relatively so much smaller that any effect the other way around (from ionosphere to troposphere) is probably going to be insignificant compared to naturally occurring parameters. In fact it's even hard to measure the effect of HAARP in the ionosphere.

<<   2 >>

join