It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Which Side To Pick Not Becoming More Abundantly Clear?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I saw a fake video of a car avoiding a mortar barrage. They looked like CGI images and then the comments were all about how the driver stayed calm and continued driving legally. Bots just swarm the fake videos.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Putin has an idea that Ukrainians are really ethnic Russians and should be forced to be Russian again.

Any warm feelings the two nations might have had were kind of squandered when Russia starved the Ukrainians to death in the '30s, shot them if they tried to take food out of their own fields. Millions died and were killed. No one knows how bad it actually was because that's how successful the USSR was in covering it up, and we Americans don't actually learn about it as a part of history because, among other things, propagandists in our own media were disinterested in showing the Soviets in a bad light while it was happening. Canadians will know more because they have a much larger Ukrainian minority than we do in the states.

It explains why the Ukrainians fight so hard against the Russians, and I can't blame them. I wouldn't want to be ruled by a people who had so recently starved me and mine like that either.

And Ukrainians as soon as Crimea was taken by Russia built a dam to cut the supply of fresh water off to the people of Crimea!!! Who does that?? These were Your citizens but now it's under Russian control you cut off their fresh water?!?! This war began in 2014, Ukraine army and the Azov movement (who is a neo-nazi unit of the Ukraine National guard) has been attacking and killing Russian civilians in Donetsk and the Eastern Ukraine since then.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: ketsuko

If Putin was interested in doing real harm to the Ukrainian people, he would have turned off the electricity and gas. It's pretty darned cold over there right now.

If he wanted to, he could have launched artillery barrages on Ukrainian urban areas and caused massive casualties and stampeded the population.

But ... he didn't.

The difference is the old regime and the new are run by different people. I'm kind'a leaning towards believing Putin when he says he invaded to rid the country of Nazis and corrupt Globalist mofos.

The Azov movement (these are the Nazis) of Ukraine, Azov Special Operations Department or Azov Battalion as they are known are part of Ukraines national guard and they number in the 1000s .

the National Guard of Ukraine’s Twitter account published a video tweet claiming that its Azov fighters (the Nazis) coated their bullets with pig fat to be used against Chechen forces fighting from the Russian side. The actual tweet read “Azov fighters of the National Guard greased the bullets with lard against the Kadyrov orcs.”

The US sends weapons that Azov uses against Russians for years now and Azov has bragged this past October about receiving training from Canadian forces that is used to attack Russians in Donetsk and Eastern Ukraine.

Couple that with the fact that Nato has troops and missiles all over Eastern Ukraine you can see why Putin got peed and wants to topple Ukrainian govt and Denazify

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

Sorry, zero excuse or reason for his invasion and killing Ukrainians and stealing their freedom.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Fake videos not needed. Plenty of actual Ukraine citizens talking about what's happening.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

From another thread…. Reusing.

originally posted by: neutronflux
This false?

Russia took control of Crimea in February 2014. According to Ukrainian officials, the facilities of the Canal in Crimea were seized by the new de facto authorities in March 2014, who drove away the Ukrainian personnel. In the absence of maintenance on the Russian-controlled side, water could not reach the consumers. According to the Ukrainian Water Resource Agency, the Russian de facto authorities refused to pay for water delivery, accumulating a huge debt. Under such conditions, Ukraine blocked off the canal.

www.ejiltalk.org...

Not if it saves Putin a few million, Russia ignores their duty to maintain the infrastructure, and their neglect can be glossed over and spent as propaganda for “invasion.”

Asked by other person in thread…..

Is water not a basic human right?

It’s also a “right” for a person / country to provide services and labor and be fairly compensated, and not be treated like a indentured servant.

If Putin cared about the people of the Crimea, maybe he should have had a solution to the water problem for agriculture before taking over.

When did the water problem start for Crimea….

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
Why do I have to pick a side? If I am to pick any side it is with the innocent people of Ukraine who are caught up in this insanity and ultimately just want to live their lives in peace. I am not picking any political side, they are all as evil as each other.

Ok I hate to tell you but it sure looks like there are two sides with innocents being hurt prior to this invasion. The people Putin is claiming to be there to protect sure do have legitimate concerns that the West has ignored. Likely that was to protect the 4 families of Romney, Pelosi, Kerry and #46 Biden himself. All with ties to the Ukrainian gravy train of gold and God knows what else?

edit on 1-3-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And on the real ground there are real Russian teenagers in who didn't know they actually were invading crying for their moms and Ukrainian professional soldiers being shot in the back of the head.

I saw again and I'm going with the Ukrainians.
Instead of keyboard warrior-ing. You are welcome to join and scoop brains from the street or console crying mothers embracing only remnants of kids.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

If Putin was out to harm the Ukrainians he wouldn't tell them in advance which cities he's gonna be targeting and warning them to stay away from certain hot targets..

Where was all this outrage when the bombs fell in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemem, Libya, Bosnia, Croatia, Haiti, Kosovo, Pakistan, Somalia and Kenya? And I'm sure I forgot a few. The big difference of course had nothing to do with that the TV didn't tell people to be outraged..
edit on 1 3 2022 by Rolicia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Was in a bit of a hurry earlier but to clarify, I wouldn’t bomb Russia, I meant taking out the Russian troops in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Just because Biden sucks doesn't make Putin good.

You probably cheered on the Iraqi wars, Libya, Syria etc etc, but now you care about Ukraine? Me thinks you only care about who is doing the killing and who is being killed.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Well, that's some relief anyway.

The next question is, wouldn't carpet-bombing the Russians in Ukraine pretty much destroy the very thing that is being taken from them? How about we just get some truth going as to the base problem, send in the UN to drive the Russians back across the border, and demand that Putin and Zelensky sit across a table from one another in a locked room until they figure this thing out like adults?

Might take some time, but at least Putin would be occupied.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

I saw a fake video of a car avoiding a mortar barrage. They looked like CGI images and then the comments were all about how the driver stayed calm and continued driving legally. Bots just swarm the fake videos.

Interesting how what we watch is technologically turned into lies. Shocking how many people gloss over what you've pointed out and are unable to recalculate the whole of the truth. Their minds remain filled with splinters of lies.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I see nothing but fake videos and made up stories about the fighting. I refuse to get involved or to choose a side in which they want me to care about. I passed on getitng vaxxed despite all the hoopla and hysteria and now we see that was the best move possible. Its just one big psyop. # the NWO, # the WEF. # Brandon.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I teeter on this sometimes but I don't see how you can root for Russia at all in this. This site and a few others have lead me to believe Russia is the good guys. IDK, it just does not appear that way to me and it leads me to believe the Russian shills are in much more deeper than I had thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Another thread of communist apologists. When did ATS get overrun by communists. Never thought I'd see the day when supposed Americans are justifying siding with Vladimir Putin.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rolicia

If Putin was out to harm the Ukrainians he wouldn't tell them in advance which cities he's gonna be targeting and warning them to stay away from certain hot targets..

Where was all this outrage when the bombs fell in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemem, Libya, Bosnia, Croatia, Haiti, Kosovo, Pakistan, Somalia and Kenya? And I'm sure I forgot a few. The big difference of course had nothing to do with that the TV didn't tell people to be outraged..

What a stupid comment. You're so edgy.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: mtnshredder

Well, that's some relief anyway.

The next question is, wouldn't carpet-bombing the Russians in Ukraine pretty much destroy the very thing that is being taken from them? How about we just get some truth going as to the base problem, send in the UN to drive the Russians back across the border, and demand that Putin and Zelensky sit across a table from one another in a locked room until they figure this thing out like adults?

Might take some time, but at least Putin would be occupied.

TheRedneck

Well Ukraine does have some Mig-29’s and Su-27’s at its disposal that could provide precision attacks on the convoy’s. For whatever reason most of the Russian mig’s are sitting idle at the moment but this could change in the next 72 hrs according to one report I just heard, so now would be as good of time as any but I’m sure that windows closing fast.

I agree 100% on getting UN troops into Ukraine ASAP regardless of Putin’s threats to other country’s intervening. I don’t think Putin’s dumb enough to start bombing Europe or the US, that would be a huge mistake on his part when it comes to the repercussions it would have for Russia. It would be game on if he did and we all know how ugly that would end for everyone involved.

Yes, they need to engage in talks immediately , there has to be an end to this as quickly as possible, especially with Putin now targeting innocent civilians.

edit on 2-3-2022 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Yeah I'm edgy, because I'm sick and tired of all the hypocrisy. I'm not condoning war, far from it. Though the reasons are clear and not based on lies.
Everybody seems to forget there was an agreement between NATO and Russia that NATO would not expand its influence past the German border. People seriously think the eastern block was added to the EU for any other reason than to creep up right onto the Russian border?
If you keep poking, eventually they start poking back.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I teeter on this sometimes but I don't see how you can root for Russia at all in this. This site and a few others have lead me to believe Russia is the good guys. IDK, it just does not appear that way to me and it leads me to believe the Russian shills are in much more deeper than I had thought.

I respect that.

OTOH, I've met lots of Russians IRL. Can't recall a single one I didn't like ... and most of my contact with 'em was during the Cold War. Go figure.

Russia's got a long way to go shedding the Cold War personification. I grant that. But when you see bunches of US politicians wanting to push our countries into war ... with some country I don't have a problem with ... I'd invite them to pound sand. And, if that means acknowledging The Ukraine (in step with Hunter Biden and Victoria Nuland) has done some bad things to Russia ... and planned to keep doing those (and more) ... well, here's my thread on the subject. Normally IDGAF about Russia.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join