It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Which Side To Pick Not Becoming More Abundantly Clear?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sean Penn Says ‘Our Soul as America Is Lost’ if We Don’t Join Ukraine’s Fight Against Russia

Link-A-Dink Left-wing Hollywood star Sean Penn is urging the U.S. to join the Ukraine in its war against Russia, saying that if we don’t join the fight, “our soul as America is lost.” Sean Penn is currently in the Ukraine to make a documentary about the Russian invasion. On Saturday, the actor issued a statement in which he blasted Russia’s Vladimir Putin and likened the crisis to a fight for democracy — even though the Ukraine’s commitment to freedom and democratic values remains unclear at best.

The more I look back at the corruption of Hunter Biden and the Big Guy, the more I see Mitt (Mr. Corruption) Romney praising Biden in the news ... the less I see Putin as the bad actor. Victoria Nuland (the Nurse Ratchet of the 0bama and Biden regimes) was a chief architect. George Soros laundering his billions through Ukrainian banks all while funding the BLM's burning of US cities. I could go on, but I've made my point.

I don't have a dog in this fight ... no personal investment. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to call a spade a spade when I see it.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Putin has an idea that Ukrainians are really ethnic Russians and should be forced to be Russian again.

Any warm feelings the two nations might have had were kind of squandered when Russia starved the Ukrainians to death in the '30s, shot them if they tried to take food out of their own fields. Millions died and were killed. No one knows how bad it actually was because that's how successful the USSR was in covering it up, and we Americans don't actually learn about it as a part of history because, among other things, propagandists in our own media were disinterested in showing the Soviets in a bad light while it was happening. Canadians will know more because they have a much larger Ukrainian minority than we do in the states.

It explains why the Ukrainians fight so hard against the Russians, and I can't blame them. I wouldn't want to be ruled by a people who had so recently starved me and mine like that either.
edit on 28-2-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Ummm…you better have your flack jacket on…cause your about to be labeled…with a quickness…

And what’s with this having your own opinion…off to the newlag with you…where you’ll be made to make big words…into rather smallish words…and take on a decidedly slope browed visage…

Surprise…surprise…the script has already been written…the movie already on the big screen…so Sean can pack it up and go back to wherever the eff he crawled out from…

We have the lead character…Zelinski…the “lion hearted”…”The Ghost of Ukraine”…and “The heroes of Snake island”…the indomitable 13…who sacrificed their very souls in order to plant the “EFF you Russia”…in the hearts of all the true believers…
As they wage their holy war against the powers of EVIL…these valiant demigods of virtue capture the hearts…minds…and souls of the greater unwashed…

Sniff…it’s enough to bring a tear to the eye…

I can hardly wait for the sequel…

YouSir

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If Putin was interested in doing real harm to the Ukrainian people, he would have turned off the electricity and gas. It's pretty darned cold over there right now.

If he wanted to, he could have launched artillery barrages on Ukrainian urban areas and caused massive casualties and stampeded the population.

But ... he didn't.

The difference is the old regime and the new are run by different people. I'm kind'a leaning towards believing Putin when he says he invaded to rid the country of Nazis and corrupt Globalist mofos.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

He's trying to maintain what shreds of world opinion he can. And that doesn't change the reality to the Ukrainians. He marched over their borders with tanks, guns, bombs ... He is from the same people who starved their families to death not so long ago. Think WWII time frame on that. The memory is fresh.

You can look at global geopolitics because you don't have tanks roaming down your street accompanied by armed invaders.
edit on 28-2-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can look at global geopolitics because you don't have tanks roaming down your street accompanied by armed invaders.

Ummm…?

You are looking into a mirror as you tippy tap the keyboard…right…?

Right…?

YouSir

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Think WWII time frame on that.

Weren't the US and the Russians allies in WWII?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm against taking over another country.

But the USA is not the world's police. That's my position no matter who is President.

Is the UN completely worthless?

Is Europe completely useless?

How can they not just park a million people on the border and be done with it?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Well yes, it's pretty hard to have a lot of faith in the big heads, no matter where and we could possibly pin down quite precisely where all our politicians have #ed up big time.
Like a famous conflicted German Jew once said:
Proletarier aller Lände, vereinigt euch.
Which is the only answer if we're honest.
But so hated, demonised and outright raped by the big heads... people look at you funny if you say it.
lol
edit on 28-2-2022 by Peeple because: lol bin heads

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Is the UN completely worthless?

Is Europe completely useless?

Yes
And yes

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

From here, it looks like Ukraine is very much more complicated than previously thought. The money laundering aspect seems to be the easiest angle to see, but it's probably much deeper than that.

But when looking at the current situation, I personally care about the people on both sides that don't want war. yes the leaders are all scummy, but the little people, the one's with rifles and helmets, are suffering for the $. So no matter who is ultimately the "good guy, or bad guy" here, the people lose, all of them.

And Zelinskyy may be a dirty as any, but his optics are good. His social media presence and his on the ground fighting appearance is trending worldwide. Intended or not, he's going to be remembered if only posthumously.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Think WWII time frame on that.

Weren't the US and the Russians allies in WWII?

And wasn’t Germany and the US at war. Didn’t Germany and the USSR both invade Poland? Didn’t USA men volunteer to fly fights for China?

What’s the context, and time frame…..

edit on 28-2-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So no matter who is ultimately the "good guy, or bad guy" here, the people lose, all of them.

If we give our US Leaders an inch ... they'll have our kids neck-deep in a war no one over here 'really' wants.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Sean Penn wants us to join the fight, meaning he wants others to fight while he is tweeting from his mansion in LA sipping a Starbucks latte.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

" George Soros laundering his billions through Ukrainian banks all while funding the BLM's burning of US cities."

That makes it okay for putin to invade Ukraine, killing many civilians in the process..??

"I don't have a dog in this fight ... no personal investment. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to call a spade a spade when I see it."

You been pushing Russia as the good guy on ATS while providing almost no evidence except a couple of questionable photos on zerohedge.

Why don't you start providing evidence and not just weak breitbart or zerohedge articles by sh!tty journalists with almost no sources.

Its fine if you think the Ukraine crises is manufactured, but at least provide supporting evidence as to why. Otherwise you clearly look like you have an agenda to push pro-russian interests.

And this notion that china and russia are the good guys fighting evil globalists is so utterly ridiculous.

You act as if russia doesn't have their own propaganda in full work as well. You really think russian journalists would be assasinated if russia was some free country fighting against western globalist tyranny?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I don't know enough about Russia or the Ukraine to take a side. I know enough about America to know that we have enough of our own problems that place more than a few question marks on to be condition of our souls. Whether we join Ukraine or not, will not redeem our souls.

I think we should be busy pulling the plank out of our own eyes, while letting the Russians and the Ukrainians, struggle with their own planks.

Maybe after we have cleaned our own houses we will be in a better position to take sides.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Zelinskyy may be a dirty as any, but his optics are good. His social media presence and his on the ground fighting appearance is trending worldwide. Intended or not, he's going to be remembered if only posthumously.

Ummm…you do comprehend…exactly what you’ve just written there…

Right…?

Even your sub conscience sees through the theater…

YouSir

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Trump kept us out of more boots on the ground situations.
Orange man bad.

Biden seems to want WWIII to happen, and he is great?

Clown world is real and it is here now.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Putin has an idea that Ukrainians are really ethnic Russians and should be forced to be Russian again.

In a way it's actually the opposite. Putin is deliberately playing on the difference between ethnic Russians and ethnic Ukrainians. For the last couple of years Russian language media has been filled with accusations that the Ukrainians have been persecuting the ethnic Russian minority. Which is actually pretty close to the mark. There's a lot of exaggeration and a lot of rhetoric but the ethnic Ukrainians have been attempting to marginalize the ethnic Russians by reducing the prominence of the Russian language and Russian culture in Ukraine, and by shutting down Russian language media outlets.

Putin isn't wrong about everything.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I see what is on the screen. What' behind is still very fuzzy, but will eventually come into focus. I'm not claiming to know, just paying attention so when facts show up, we all know which one's are more ...factual.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join