It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Suspends Whoopi Goldberg for 2 weeks over her comments on the Holocaust

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
As much as I hate goldberg.. Jewish, Muslims, Christians are a religion not a race

You change your religion you can't change your race.

I don't feel it was a good talking point on TV as it's a sensitive topic. And I never agree with her usually. a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Jews are also a race. Judaism is a religion. things that are different are not the same.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Could you imagine if we all got paid for saying dumb #e.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well she should apply the same when it comes to white devil vs blacks and when she talks about slavery like the US white man invented that.

But that is not the agenda, we most perpetuate the white devil vs black while complaining how terms that do not apply to whites and blacks are "misused".

She is a dumb person.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Jews are also a race. Judaism is a religion. things that are different are not the same.

"Jews" are not a race. Semitic people are a race that includes Hebrews, Akkadians, Phoenicians, and Arabs.

For example, calling Arabs "Towel Heads" or "Camel Jockeys" is antisemitic and racist.

edit on 3-2-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"Jews" are not a race. Semitic people are a race that includes Hebrews, Akkadians, Phoenicians, and Arabs.

For example, calling Arabs "Towel Heads" or "Camel Jockeys" is antisemitic and racist.

If you look at the Ashkenazim which make up 80% of Jewry and prior to WW2 95%, then they are pretty much family rather than race.

These 10 million descend largely from seven men from the middle east who took seven Italian wives when settling in Italy and the rest is history. That's close knit to say the least

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
About time it's just sad it's not joy in the hot seat but truly I can not stand these pig headed women. They are a disgrace to Barbara Walters legacy.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra well now I bet she knows how Rosanne felt when they stole her show out from under her.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Why? they put a towel on their head and ride camels.

is it racist to call a Texan cowboy because he wears a cowboy hat?

or a horse jockey because he rides a horse?

People need tp stop looking for reasons to be offended.

edit on 3-2-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Actually yall both wrong,because HUMANS are the race,Jews are a ethnicity,as well as all the others mentioned.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Actually yall both wrong,because HUMANS are the race,Jews are a ethnicity,as well as all the others mentioned.

Totally agree actually. At the same time I stand by the fact that Askenazi population are a close knit family. Sephardic are similar yet different, Mizrahi are quite different but similar. Falasha? Fairly different from the snow white Russian Jews yet apparently the same group. Same religion anyway

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

In today's understanding Semitic and Jew are synonymous, hence the term anti-semitic or anti-semite referring to being anti Jew. Arguing over technical differences just to be "right" is a strange pastime of many. Most people understand there is a race of people with certain common characteristics that is often casually referred to as Jewish and not limited to Judaism which is also called Jewish. Sometimes they are the same, and sometimes different. Sometimes you just have to think about the broader idea so you can have conversation.
edit on 3-2-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Perhaps my opinion is not very popular, but in my views on the current situation in the world, I am more in solidarity with Ben Shapiro's opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The MSM is in reset mode now to get prepared for the 2022 elections.

Nothing else matters 🔥

Remember MSM is all Hollywood Illusions 😎

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Of course ABC is giving W. Goldberg time to reflect on her statement...because they don't want to lose any money; and they also do not want to lose her.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Reverend Al Sharpton thinks it is about race.

a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae
Of course ABC is giving W. Goldberg time to reflect on her statement...because they don't want to lose any money; and they also do not want to lose her.

I think it's interesting that Whoops was suspended at the start of Black History Month.

On its face, her blunder wasn't really all that bad. But I'm sure there's more to it. Like here on ATS when you see that some member has been banned and you go look at their post history or you remember reading a post that was removed by staff, and you say to yourself, "That wasn't that bad". It's most likely that there was some tiff behind the scenes with the Moderators that we're not privy to.

In my opinion, Whoopie was gearing up for a very confrontational Black History Month, and ABC wasn't having it, not in this climate.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

She only sees race as the color of your skin. It was that simple.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

She only sees race as the color of your skin. It was that simple.

If only it was that simple. unfortunately, it's not.

Before we get down to enlisting the different human of humanity, let us first understand the concept of race itself. As far as classification of human beings is concerned, race refers to such classification based upon various parameters such as genetic and biological traits, language, culture, traditions, and social practices. The basic parameter for racial classification, however, remains genetic composition which manifests externally as one’s anatomical appearance.

biologywise.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJS4life
Reverend Al Sharpton thinks it is about race.

a reply to: Xcathdra

Because that is how Al Sharpton makes money.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join