It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Suspends Whoopi Goldberg for 2 weeks over her comments on the Holocaust

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Dalamax
How does it happen that someone called Goldberg isn’t pro Jew?

a reply to: Xcathdra

Her REAL name is Caryn Johnson.

So she's a "Karen".

She's one of "those" types of people.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thank you ,
I was late to the party.
I know more than a few Jewish people in our community
and they are not white.

This is the one time I will have to back Whoopi, her statement is correct
it was a crime against humanity..

a reply to: Cambury

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I hope her show stays on and they keep her.

They'll keep her.
Someone on that panel is needed to make Joy Behar seem relatively sane and intelligent by comparison.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

There are 2 protected group of people that you aren't allowed to discuss , criticize, or question and she picked one of them.

She should have stuck with stereotyping and wishing death upon the white males who are acceptable to be stereotyped against ,criticized and questioned according to the MSM.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My wife is an Evil Joo, she's as white as white comes being Hungarian and Rooshen, I'm not really seeing Judaism as a race, it's a religion.

My neighbor Goldberg is a cretin but I don't see the major issue with what she said.

That's what I think too. My father's side was Jewish, it's in my background, and I was always under the impression that I'm white. Caucasian. Now I'm not completely white? I'm a Caucasian half-Jew? This whole race thing is getting confusing as hell.
Does that mean Aryan is a race as well? Separate from the white Germans, and the white Jewish folk?

They're trying to divide us more and more. I don't like this.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I'm a Caucasian half-Jew?

The worst of both worlds.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Whoopi Goldberg was correct in her statement. The term "holocaust" has been used to identify with Jews only. But in the "holocaust" not only Jews were killed but Gypsies, Slavs, Eastern Europeans and any person the Nazis termed "untermensch" ie disabled, mentally ill or in anyway not perfect in their eyes. So she was quite correct, it was not about race and like she said, man's inhumanity to man.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
She's now officially "wOopsie Daisy" Goldberg 🤣

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What I do not get is that if she was not a liberal dumb ass and a conservative she would have been fired right away, now we know how the woke works, easy on themselves and feck the rest.

Is called the new privilege good for them bad for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Whoopie only sees race as black and white. Her statement was that of an immature, uneducated and irresponsible person.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

That is the problems in the US, this woke, liberal trash with the backing of politicians "mostly white' has allowed to portrait the US as the most racist nation in the world, when it comes to the white devil against blacks.

Soo we have a generation of idiots that have by passed history spewing trash at every corner, if people had proper education, they should know that racism is not just whites against blacks.

Slavery was not invented in the US, slavery has been around since humans woke earth but the woke dumb generation would tell you different.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Whoopie only sees race as black and white. Her statement was that of an immature, uneducated and irresponsible person.

Yeah but they paid her 🤣🤣

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep they pay dumb ass celebrities to lie and push for liberal agendas and if anybody talks ill of try to expose the lies the pushers wage a war against them and is ok to cancel the truth.

Only when the dumb celebrities stick their foot in their mouths is when they actually get exposed.

edit on 2-2-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bounder

It will take time, but eventually the planet will be inhabited by ONE race of humans, because we will mix to the point where there are no differences anymore. Few 1000 years, but it will happen.

If that happens then the A.D.L will be out of business.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Those Goldberg's are anti-Jewish ?

At least she didn't dance on the tomb of the unknown comic...

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

"The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg has been suspended following her controversial remarks about the Holocaust.

"Effective immediately, I am suspending Whoopi Goldberg for two weeks for her wrong and hurtful comments," ABC News president Kim Godwin said in a statement Tuesday evening. "While Whoopi has apologized, I've asked her to take time to reflect and learn about the impact of her comments."

"The entire ABC News organization stands in solidarity with our Jewish colleagues, friends and communities," Godwin added.

ABC Suspends Whoopi Goldberg for 2 weeks over her comments on the Holocaust

It was only a matter of time before someone from the View opened there mouth's and swallowed there foot. I thought it was going to be Joy Behar. Either or that show needs to go away.

Her ignorance is what got her suspended -
"Goldberg went viral on Monday when she argued that the Holocaust "isn't about race," stunning her colleagues at the table.

"What is it about?" co-host Joy Behar asked.

"It’s about man’s inhumanity to man, that’s what it’s about," Goldberg said. "

Fox panel discussing it-
www.youtube.com...

To help those that dont have all the facts. The Holocaust is referring the 6 million Jews who tghe Nazis killed. In total there were about 10-12 million, in total, who were killed. The numbers include Jews, Roma Gypsies, Homosexuals, politicians who did not support the Nazis, persons who were placed into "protective custody" by the Nazis (enemies of the state), etc, and came from every location the Nazis controlled.

Hot button topics being what they are...

She's not exactly wrong. Hitler made his platform and crusade about race, Goldberg's argument is that race was irrelevant to the underlying cruelty that masked itself in politics and national revitalization. In other words, classifying evil doesn't add character or flavor to it like you're quantifying a spectrum of war crimes along a gradient scale.

Context:

"It's not about race. It's about man's inhumanity to man. That's what it's about," she said. 

When co-host Ana Navarro said the genocide was "about white supremacy ... and going after Jews and gypsies and Roma," Goldberg responded that it was "two white groups of people." 

"The minute you turn it into race, it goes down this alley. Let's talk about it for what it is — it's how people treat each other. It's a problem. It doesn't matter if you're Black or white because Black, white, Jews — everybody."

She's talking about how shortsighted the dialogue is because cruelty is a worldwide epidemic and it's only a tragedy after 6 million people are murdered. That kind of arithmetic in itself is cold blooded and really points to the fact that only the biggest and most dramatic threats to world peace are punished while injustice poisons the streets of every nation and every culture with impunity.

edit on 2-2-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I hadn't read the whole statement she made (that cleared things up for me) and your point about race being an excuse used by the Nazis is where I was headed in my earlier post. You said that very well by the way, it was what I was thinking, but I got caught up in the whole eugenics master race thing and just gave up on giving her any support by way of my original opinion.

Some people's opinions on her statements made it seem like she was coming from an ignorant and uneducated racist perspective, that racism only exists between whites and blacks, that the Jews didn't really count because they weren't black. That wasn't her point at all apparently and boy did that crap get twisted on her.
edit on 3-2-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
Whoopi was very wrong. Jews are not a race actually but it is an ancient tribal term, and Judaism is a religion but Nazis considered them a race. Actually, racially many of them are Semites which is why you have antisemitism. Though some Jews are not Semites, some Ashkenazi Jews, for instance, are of European descent, Serpahadic Jews or oriental Jews are generally from Iberia or Spain, but converts can be any race. And there are African or Falasha Jews from Ethiopia. But all Jews are not from the tribe of Judah.

It's more of a situation that people don't grasp it because the history is not taught. The history of the Ashkenazi is not taught because the history has been erased.

The word Ashkenazi comes from the man Ashkenaz, Noah's great grandson.

Now this is the history of the generations of the sons of Noah and of Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Sons were born to them after the flood. [2] The sons of Japheth: Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. [3] The sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah.

Genesis,Chapter 10

Gomer, Noah's grandson had left Israel (Levant/Palestine) and settled on the Black Sea in the area of modern Ukraine. Gomer's sons spread out from there. Ashkenaz and his descendants moved north along the Dneiper River in the Ukrains and settled both directions into Poland and Germany to the west and Russia to the east.

The timeframe of roots of Ashkenaz's descendants settling the Ukraine, Poland, Germany and Russia is probably about 2000 B.C.E. Because by Ancient Greece the Jews were well established along all sides of the Black Sea and were well established in Crimea and Ukraine coast. It is also noted by historians in the Roman Empire that many Jews living in the Black Sea (Ukraine and Crimea) were red heads of Levantine origin.

Then Christianity was forced upon many Jews who had been living in Germany, Poland, Ukraine for about 2000 years. And some over time forgot they were Jewish.

Leading up to the Holocaust, in the early 1900s, Russia began deporting their Ashkenazi back to the Ukraine. Large waves of Ashkenazi from Russia also moved into Poland and Germany.

Prior to WWII, Jews compromised of 33% of the Ukraine's government. In some areas, they were tge majority and not a minority at all. After the Holocaust and Stalin, Jews are now less than 2% of the Ukraine's population when they had lived in the Ukraine (descendants of Gomer and Ashkenaz) for 4000 years. The Nazis erased their history and so did the Russians.

What Hitler did was grossly distort the facts. He claimed that Germans were descended from a group of blonde hair blue eyed Celts (Hallstatt). Those are the REAL Celts, who were nomads on horseback that would cut off the heads of their enemies and store the severed heads in jars of cedar oil as trophies.

But the REAL Celts of Hallstatt were a young group of settlers. Germany had much older groups living there by land and coastal boat settlements thousands of years before the Celts of Hallstatt ever existed. Even the descendants of Ashkenaz were living in Germany thousands of years before the Hallstatt headhunters.

Hitler's distortion of origins called the Hallstatt blue eyed, blonde haired group allegedly "Aryans". Another distortion, because the REAL Aryans were a group of early Hindus that settled along the Indus River that had nothing to do with anyone in Austria.

Hitler claimed that the Jews were an individual race. Nonsense. Jews descended from Ashkenaz had been living in the Ukraine, Russia, Poland and Germany for 4000 years and they intermarried with all other groups in the region. AND there were still those who had Christianity forced upon them that forgot their Jewish Ashkenaz ancestry.

So Hitler rounded them up and exterminated them. Like I said in some areas, they were the majority prior to WWII. In some areas they were 33% of the ruling governments. But after the Naxis exterminated them and after Stalin took control of eastern Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Jews were reduced to less than 2% of the population in areas they had thrived for 4000 years.

That's the true scope of the Holocaust.
edit on 3-2-2022 by MapMistress because: Error in copy/paste

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The is no win here. Caryn "Karen" Johnson gets two weeks for basically saying if you are white there is no racism period even if it was at the cost of 6 million people. Her two weeks compared to Gina Carano firing for remarks not even close to hers.

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…. even by children,”

So that is firing offence...

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I suppose i may have given the cancel culture too much credit to see the irony

Woe is me

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join