It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fatally shoots wheelchair bound man 9 times in back

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I never said he needed to be shot. In fact, if you read my first reply in this post, I stated:

originally posted by: BomSquad
This is the most ridiculous shooting I have ever seen. Where was the threat!?!?!!

You are confusing two different conversations in this same post.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem
yes he had a knife but you are not supposed to shoot suspect in back. if i am at walmart and a guy in a wheel chair is threatening with a knife then plow into his chair with shopping carts.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"The sickie sadist...who hides behind his police badge too commit crimes of violence against other people."

"A pig is a pig...and that's that that."

edit on 4-12-2021 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: yuppa

Read the article I linked. How’s this for an optic.., the cop was fired because what he did is perverse to anything he was ever trained to do. I am not making this # up. As for your metal plate theory that is false too there is no metal plate in the back of that chair look it up, and if there was any metal and not plastic it would be a T shaped support that won’t stop anything.

Do you bear arms in your profession or have you ever?

I am hazard a guess and say you never have much less had to use one in real life.

I only bring that up because if you have had to use a weapon in your profession you would clearly understand lots of factors that do not meet the eye.

I consider you a friend here so please don’t take my line of words here as an attack on you.

In a former life i used to get rid of people problems,but not so much in this one.

We need more context to see what actually went on is all. The officer could had just came up behind him and beat him with his billy club i guess.
And dont worry,im not mad or taking it as a attack.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I’m waiting for an updated press release. I’ll post one when I get one and go from there.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Cop might be on drugs.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No its called enforcing the law.

He was immediately fired though, his superiors disagree with you. It's not about optics, it's about what was a reasonable course of action, and what else could of been done. This cop was reckless.

I looked after a quadriplegic for about 5 years, so I'm quit familiar with people who have disabilities.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Like the political point scored by the posters commit about blm attacking the statue of liberty? The reply you agreed to.

like that kind of political point scoring?

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Like the political point scored by the posters commit about blm attacking the statue of liberty? The reply you agreed to.

like that kind of political point scoring?

I made that comment. I wasn’t scoring political points. To be honest I’m still waiting from the outrage of seniors in the rascal scooter bike gangs to come on out and start trashing slot machines in droves to protest scooter lives matter.
I literally started holding my breath 5 seconds ago…
And I am also the asshole that suggested shooting the tires out first too 😩

Hope that clears that up a bit. Now let’s get a beer

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Does the fired officer have a history of that or are you just assuming?

If assuming, this is exactly why they need to stop releasing this information before trials. It’s the reason 40,000,000 sheeple believed (and some still believe) Kyle Rittenhouse’s mother drove him across state lines with his rifle. Which of course turned out to be entirely untrue

It is directly responsible for false pretense MSM articles that feed into supporters of a particular narrative. This is the *why* behind the “How can people believe debunked statements”

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

In my experiences farting around with random things to shoot at out of boredom, pistol rounds (FMJ)tend to not puncture fully inflated car and truck tires. Rifle rounds did the trick though. Not sure how that applies to eight ench scooter tires though.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've seen a lot of spinals and I tell you this guy was a fake. Never been so sure in all my life. He could walk!!

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

He was immediately fired though, his superiors disagree with you. It's not about optics, it's about what was a reasonable course of action, and what else could of been done. This cop was reckless.

I looked after a quadriplegic for about 5 years, so I'm quit familiar with people who have disabilities.

his superiors are afraid for their jobs is whats is wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
A few others options would have been

I wasn’t there. But there’s a reason the other officers didn’t shoot. One of these things is not like the other,….why?

Because he was to chicken poop to kneecap his buddy that shot, even though he was probably thinking he should. Time wasn't a factor. There was plenty.. Being over to the side when he shot was disturbing. Seems like he had time to get in front of the threat. At the least so he'd have a better shot if needed. When I watched the video..once..The shooter mentally justified as he went and ended it with confidence and command of the situation..but the situation didn't require the action taken. Simply possessing a knife isn't authorization for deadly force. Thats why people are searched. Brandishing and advancing..sure, clear leather and challenge individual..Yes, hearsay counts, the fact that a knife was reported at the incident even if officers hadn't seen it escalates response according to training, the way I understand.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

No, shooting a guy in a wheelchair in the back 8 times, pausing a second or 2 to drill one in the head, with a store employee somewhat in line of fire, is whats wrong. This f'ing coward had a whole lot of opportunity to do it different. Quit licking boots. In no sane world is this acceptable.

SMGDH

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No, shooting a guy in a wheelchair in the back 8 times, pausing a second or 2 to drill one in the head, with a store employee somewhat in line of fire, is whats wrong. This f'ing coward had a whole lot of opportunity to do it different. Quit licking boots. In no sane world is this acceptable.

SMGDH

Not licking boots,just stating a fact the higher ups if they did not fire him would lose their jobs,so They are afraid for their jobs correct?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I said it earlier and i will say it again. Put a night stick in his wheels and call the ambulance. Why wouldn’t that work?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
A few others options would have been

1) Ask the stores nearby to lock down, ask people to shelter in place
2) Use your vehicle as a barrier, at slow speeds making sure nobody got run over
3) Let loose a wall of rubber bullets. In his case, because he was sitting, skip rounds and other less lethal munitions would have required additional tactical consideration but they can still be deployed
4) Bangs and gas to disorient and disperse
5) 40mm rounds, foam impactors. They can be used on the Torso

Cant forget close air support and snipers. Maybe the navy on standby. On one side we have the possibility with the climate today that the cop will get into less trouble for this than he would have for dragging a 'poor handicapped guy' out of his wheel chair. Who knows, 50/50 there I think, as I've seen video of police dragging old ladies out of cars, slamming drunks to the pavement etc…This threat just didn't seem tangible. And not because he was in a wheelchair. Just because of the speed of the situation. And the distance that would need to be closed before standers by were in danger from the alleged knife, and yes the mere presence of any alleged weapon ads urgency to the scene..that cocks the hammer so to speak..there was much unknown to the cop, a lot of risk in dragging him out of the chair..Im in total agreement about the leaking of details and video, that corrupts the whole process. Or maybe that is exactly what we need to improve the all around policing strategy..How many times do you think Chauvin did almost the exact same thing to how many more people that just didn't die? Id say quite a few..Now multiply that times just say one bad apple in every bunch across the country. How many old ladies, people in wheelchairs, mentally ill folks, have encounters with the police? Id say a bunch. How much of that never got caught on camera and is just written off by the dept as 'stick time'? The 'blue' line is still a line..maybe we should erase it.Unarmed social workers sound fine to me. I personally don't think retail theft is the business of law enforcement anyway. Maybe armed police only respond to violent incidents, I don't know the solution, but there's a problem, and its not new.. From the top down.
edit on 6-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

edit on 6-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

SMGDH

Not licking boots,just stating a fact the higher ups if they did not fire him would lose their jobs,so They are afraid for their jobs correct?

No, I doubt it, unless you are a super authoritarian, what this cop did was reckless, and beyond reasonable, beyond policy.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
I said it earlier and i will say it again. Put a night stick in his wheels and call the ambulance. Why wouldn’t that work?

This asshole cop followed this guy quite a good bit, he had so much time to end this better.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join