It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fatally shoots wheelchair bound man 9 times in back

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: trollz
As Richard neared the entrance to Lowe's, officer Ryan Remington unloaded 9 rounds into Richard's back for no apparent reason, killing him.

Was the guy in the wheelchair Black? If he wasn't Black, will we hear about it again?

The guy in the wheel chair was so black his dead body contrasted against the concrete side walk so bad on uneven terrain that not even the cameras could tell what language he spoke before his blue flannel shirt turned purple as it absorbed raspberry jelly.

The dude did smoke lucky strikes though.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Now do the one where SCOTUS affirms that shooting a person 9 times in the back while they are in a motorized chair, is reasonable force.

I suspect very few will support this officer.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888
You called it Brotherman...

There is a very large part of the American population, for whom everything they know about guns and shooting them and hitting the target, they learned from TV and movies.

This fired ex-cop should get a felony conviction, and hopefully will keep firearms out of his hands for a very long time.

Given this shoot... you know any partner he has had was glad THEY weren't in the line of fire.

guns dont kill people... knives and people in wheelchairs, do..

fml

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
A man in a motorized wheelchair, Richard Richards, allegedly stole a toolbox from a Walmart. A Walmart employee called officers to the store, reporting that Richard had brandished a knife and threatened him with it after being caught shoplifting. Richard proceeded to leave the store and headed towards a nearby Lowe's (albeit slowly, as he was in a motorized wheelchair), while refusing the commands of a responding officer (Ryan Remington) to stop. As Richard neared the entrance to Lowe's, officer Ryan Remington unloaded 9 rounds into Richard's back for no apparent reason, killing him.
It's all on video.

The man – identified by police as 61-year-old Richard Lee Richards – was suspected of stealing a toolbox from a Walmart

Officer Ryan Remington fired nine rounds at Richards from behind

Sour ce

A video of the incident can be seen below. Skip to 1 minute in. (Obviously it's a video of a person being shot)

We have only seen thieves like these run rampant because they dont police this anymore..

Or does this one happen to be white "CIS" male ? That would explain why the police would dare to show up imo.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Wow that was bad, I am sure the Police guy is going to be guilty, but I also read that the dead man had a record including attempt murders and he is been in jail.

How can you try to kill somebody while in a wheel chair, that is weird.

You could have stopped you sentence at the word guilty. After that you just sound like are trying to somehow justify it. Having a record and serving time in jail have absolutely ZERO bearing on this situation.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thank you for all of the insight. Although I would rather watch people of the Desert ceremoniously desecrate my flag while chanting 'death to America' than to see it painted up like some cheap tunnel graffiti or worn on clothes. More honor in burning it. I must admit once I thought it would be a cool idea to make one star black for all of our island and native contributors..mainly because of my experiencing working life in different cultures. I was amazed at the contributions and how most of the people I encountered were more American than most of the 'Americans' I had met.When you say "Our people" you're referring to Police..When I hear that it creates a separation and a seed for conflict..And then you paint and 'display' my flag? Ok you have my attention...Hard lines and absolutes never work.. If a cop is that worried about going home to momma and the littles maybe he should stay there.Disclaimer. a reply to: JBurns

edit on 3-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: love

edit on 3-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: again love.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I don’t mean to imply a separation or create seeds of doubt

It was a way to say they want to go home. Everyone wants to go home

Flag painting, yes it is stupid to desecrate or diminish the flag in any way. As far as the black star, pretty cool idea 👍🏻

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Now do the one where SCOTUS affirms that shooting a person 9 times in the back while they are in a motorized chair, is reasonable force.

I suspect very few will support this officer.

Running is running,no matter the speed. And having to penetrate a chair can be hard to do depending on if it has metal in the chair. Some of those have metal plates to support the seat back. You are from texas. this should not bother you about how many shots it took to stop him. No its just the in the back you are pissed about.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Tempter

You paused a second too soon

Knife falling out of his right hand

youtu.be...

The guy could of had a Samurai Sword and even still there was no reason to shoot him 9 times , He was in a wheel chair and any competently trained Cop should have been able to handle that situation in a non-lethal way.

Now IF the guy was on his feet with a Knife coming towards the Officer , then yes shoot him .

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

That chair has metal to support the back in it. of those 9 times,how many were deformed by the seat before striking the man? it takes more shots to stop someone when the bullets are slowed down due to penetrating something.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Except the guy was not a threat?

Where’s the tool box?

It’s not uncommon to have a knife in a home improvement store?

The bullets went into the man at a 45 degree angle from his side favoring his back, I doubt “metal plates” in a wheel chair if any were there did anything to stop the rounds.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Except the guy was not a threat?

Where’s the tool box?

It’s not uncommon to have a knife in a home improvement store?

The bullets went into the man at a 45 degree angle from his side favoring his back, I doubt “metal plates” in a wheel chair if any were there did anything to stop the rounds.

You shoot until they stop moving. And it was attemped shoplifting. i assume he dropped the box. and having a razor knife is common,not a stabby stabby knife.

Point being he should had stopped as told to do so. he ran,at slow speed,but still ran and had a knife that made him a danger to others.

He was a criminal,and got what he deserved.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: trollz

I am not watching the video but I have a quick question….
Was the murdered guy black?

He had to be. According to the media and the Democrats, this absolutely does not happen to white people.

If the story is that it was a white man shot, it's obviously a false flag.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why on earth could they not have just shot out the tyres? reply to: trollz

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitchenphil
Why on earth could they not have just shot out the tyres? reply to: trollz

You cant be serious? smh.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Should have shot him in the legs, at least that's what Let's Go Brandon says to do.
edit on 3-12-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

From the video, he just started shooting. There must be more to the story here. Something. Anything?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No you don’t shoot till he stops moving that’s ridiculous. In the latest article out of Arizona the chief that fired him said what Remington did was absolutely backwards from their use of force training, the god damned mayor of the city described his actions as “indefensible”

I won’t argue that Richard’s was a criminal that he was.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: marg6043
Wow that was bad, I am sure the Police guy is going to be guilty, but I also read that the dead man had a record including attempt murders and he is been in jail.

How can you try to kill somebody while in a wheel chair, that is weird.

You could have stopped you sentence at the word guilty. After that you just sound like are trying to somehow justify it. Having a record and serving time in jail have absolutely ZERO bearing on this situation.

I disagree. The news was all about Dylan Roof's character after he shot a black church up, in order to call him a white supremacist. Content of character goes a long way.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join