It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Shame

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

Their defining characteristic is stealing from the young and the yet to be born.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: projectvxn

They are creating a world that they will have no part in. Selfish would be an understatement when placing a label.

Totally agree with the sediment but lets actually get it right here.......

They are not creating a world they will have no part in - They are OFFERING a world they will have no part in and the masses where stupid enough to allow coercion to facilitate the creation you speak of.

This is short sighted ignorant humanities fault lets be clear, all we had to do was say no.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I'm old and retired, own my boomerness and I agree with you. Some people are just adding carbon dioxide by continuing to breathe. My 1st grade teacher way back in 1960 had it right - 1 bad apple ruins the whole basket.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

The bad apples in charge and those who sycophantically cling on to their edicts are the problem here.

I am truly amazed at how many people don't understand this.

I have plenty of criticism for my generation too. But I'm sick of people who were in charge of teaching my generation acting like they had no role to play in how all this # turned out.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: loam

Children are taught by adults.

What was the average life expectancy prior to the 20th century?

Did you think things were better prior to that?

Hitler was 32 when he was appointed leader of the Nazi Party. Mao was 28 when he founded the CCP. Stalin was 46 when he assumed control after Lenin.

You raging against 'old' people is the same old tired tactic of misdirection and scapegoating. I think if you thought about it long enough, you'd agree you haven't thought this one through.
edit on 29-10-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I have.

The cowardice on display is taught.

It comes from somewhere.
These people are using children as stab vests because they are scared to die.

edit on 10 29 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Edit I used to believe what you are saying. That's until I saw the actions of these people filtered through their fear.

We are awash in cowardice.

I have spared no rod for my generation either.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's time for the older ones to get it now.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Their defining characteristic is stealing from the young and the yet to be born.

They are stealing from everyone.

There was a reference to Social Security. Here is how social security works.
First, they tax you 15% on the first dollar you make every year and every dollar after that.
Second, you have to pay income tax on the social security that has been deducted from your paycheck in the year you earned it.
Third, then they spend the social security you paid on something other than social security and then borrow money from the Chinese to pay this years beneficiaries.
Fourth, the they tax the social security paid to beneficiaries.
Fifth, they push social security retirement out every few years to ensure that the proper number of people die before they can begin to collect.
Six, the remaining money you paid into social security after you die is confiscated by the government instead of being distributed to your heirs as part of your estate.
Seven, there is no interest compounded with you social security contribution. Government inflation ensures that you social security "nest egg" has no value by the time you retire.

Social Security is designed to ensure that most contributors never get back what they put in.

So please, cancel my social security and send me a check for my contributions to date and I'll buy another hundred million of shiba.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Let me let you in on a little secret.
The generation after you will say the same thing. Then the generation after them.
This has happened since the beginning of time.

As far as those in charge, I totally agree. They have never looked like they represented us. The only president that I felt had a shot at changing this was JFK. We saw how that went.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: KKLOCO

They are creating a world that they will have no part in. Selfish would be an understatement when placing a label.

Totally agree with the sediment but lets actually get it right here.......

They are not creating a world they will have no part in - They are OFFERING a world they will have no part in and the masses where stupid enough to allow coercion to facilitate the creation you speak of.

This is short sighted ignorant humanities fault lets be clear, all we had to do was say no.

Ummm...WE...as in the majority on this site...and a goodly percentage of the...thinking...public...actually did say no...

It's the them's...the short sighted ignorant bastards of which you speak...that carry all the blame for this...

The Majority of the Females that vote...and the Nancy boy's...the ones that emote every damned issue that ever was...

That's the them's...

There are some sane Females that frequent this site...I am not placing them and other non-emo females amongst that...herd...

I rest my case...on purely opinionated...opining...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The following generation will be taught, hopefully, by people who learned from the mistakes of the past.

I am raising two kids who will not be compliant sheep, who will not steal from their children, and who will be prudent stewards of our posterity because that is the duty of those alive today.

Many have abdicated that duty and those are the ones who bitch about the state of affairs while absolving themselves of responsibility for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's amazing, when I wrote Generation Mob you all loved that #.

Crapping on garbage millennials.

But going after the people who turned them into garbage is verboten..

l

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Fri Oct 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Then I'm not talking about you am I?

What is it with people internalizing what is clearly not about them?

Maybe you're not talking about me, but then your use of butthead in video #1 doesn't make any sense. He's very hateful of "old people" expecting their social security check and that we're not sacrificing ourselves for the younger generation...just listen to the first minute and twenty seconds. I'm not internalizing...I'm reacting to what he's saying.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

So Darlin, you DID miss the point of his thread.
You were not his target.

To the OP, Yeah, I'm not young, but he P'd me off as well.

Maybe so, but what is video# 1 saying about old people in the first minute or so.....doesn't seem too complimentary to us "old folks"....seems hateful and not of much use to prove the op's point.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The SARS-COV2 virus is a cold virus that has extra weapons. They have never been able to make a safe and effective vaccine for the common cold. We need to learn to treat this virus properly, we need to learn to understand that a diet full of highly processed foods increases your susceptability to have this virus be worse. We need to understand that meds can increase the risk of a more severe reaction and that unless the meds are essential, not preventive medicine for a disease that is caused by a poor diet, we should be learning to fix susceptability before it gets out of hand.

What has our response to this virus been, it has been to start to get take out food from fast food restaurants instead of going to a restaurant that makes home made meals....they got shut down when this started. They changed it so you could go to the store and get fried chicken and highly prepared salads with your food stamps, increasing junk food consumpion which increased risk. Just get a whole chicken, wash it and dust it with a poultry seasoning containing antiviral herbs like rosemary, sage, and thyme along with salt and pepper and onions and it is a lot healthier for you for fighting viruses when put in a roaster and baked. It also tastes great.

Foods high in glutamate or high in histamine chemistry can cause the immune system to over react to pathogens. Moderation is essential, you cannot keep eating take out pizzas or frozen pizzas and TV dinners or pot pies and expect to be healthy and safe.

I am not that worried about this virus, sure it could kill me, but I try not to eat a diet that increases the risk. Homemade food is great, just avoid putting a lot of unnatural additives in the food. MSG is not the only glutamate that is a problem. Glutamic acid can be either glutamates or glutamines and they have completely different properties in regulating immune and inflamatory response. Some glutamate is necessary but they have off balanced the glutamine to glutamate ratio because glutamate chemistry attracts people where glutamine does not.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

True I did say that.

But I also said much more than that and addressed a specific group.

Know unwad them panties because it isn't gonna get any better if you're already making this about you.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I am not hateful of old people.

I am critical of them because many have displayed a dismaying level of cowardice.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The people in power aren't ruled by fear its their job to impose fear upon the masses and it's working just fine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join