It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin Shooting Victim was wife of Latham-Watkins Lawyer, Clintoncide?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
The headline on BBC News is Alec Baldwin told gun was safe.

Which violates the most basic of firearm handling rules: you ALWAYS check it YOURSELF.

"But somebody else said it was safe" is indeed how people get killed.

Not really...if it's a prop gun or replica firearm they're required to be checked by the armourer... it's not the Actors fault... all the Actor does is take the gun and act with it... it's supposed to fire blanks... the bullets can be added afterwoods if need be.. for certain shots with the camera!

real guns with live bullets are not meant to be on set... unless someone is really out to kill someone else but then again this is the USA where guns are legal to carry around... maybe the replica was switched to a real gun and Baldwin had no idea.
edit on 23-10-2021 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Enjoy the narrative you wish.

You believe that the assistant director who happened to hand the gun to Baldwin and confirm it was safe, the very same director who happened to be on the set of The Crow when this happened to Brandon Lee is a coincidence? Than by all means embrace the notion that we are paranoid.

This was a dumb accident but still an accident, there was no premeditated violence. Alec Baldwin was simply reckless and negligent which is textbook celebrity swagger.

Your belief in said narrative, is simply that, your belief.

The potentialities that exist and the odd connections that have been found lead to a myriad of other possibilities.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That would be a reasonable counter point if the actor was not also the producer.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Clearly Dave Halls is an idiot and should be fired for criminal negligence. The simple fact that he declared the weapon safe for prop use implies that he personally checked, but he didn't, points to that conclusion.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: elementalgrove

Clearly Dave Halls is an idiot and should be fired for criminal negligence. The simple fact that he declared the weapon safe for prop use implies that he personally checked, but he didn't, points to that conclusion.

That is one narrative.

Another is he was deliberately creating a scenario where this death would occur.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

POV shot of the gun going off. I've been on film sets and believe this would most probably be the reason.

I could see this as being a possibility, but EvilAxis made the point below...

I believe if safety protocols are being strictly adhered to, you don’t aim a prop gun or fire a blank at crew or actors. The camera could have been operated remotely.

Given how catastrophic an "accident" of this would be to everyone involved, I think a remote camera would be implemented.

I was on the s et of kick ass and trust me, there were guns everywhere... I even got to act with a shotgun, although i was cut out of the final edit

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
About the Armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed

"I just finished up working on ‘The Old Way’ with Nicolas Cage, his very first Western. It was also my first time being head armorer as well. You know, I was really nervous about it at first and I almost didn't take the job because I wasn't sure if I was ready. But doing it, it went really smoothly," she said.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hutchins had been siding with the crew in regards to the unsafe environment they were working in. This is what one of the crew members posted about the producers, Baldwin being one of them, rushing them to get through.

In a series of scathing comments on Facebook, crew member Lane Luper described the working conditions on “Rust” as “absolute dog s—.”
“At the moment I’m fighting to get my crew, on this movie, hotel rooms when we go long or are too tired to drive the hour back from location to Albuquerque,” camera operator Lane Luper wrote. “They either say no or offer a garbage roadside motel that’s used as a homeless shelter. In fact the line producer on the flick complained the motel she booked charges her 10 bucks more per night than the homeless. They haven’t even paid the crew a proper check.”

www.thewrap.com...

Also, keep in mind that Baldwin and his co-star had participated in a gun safety review. The real gun should not have been pointed at the cameraman they have plastic ones for that!

edit on R20212021kQ000000America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago10 by RookQueen because: added link

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RookQueen
Did you see where the AD that handed Baldwin the gun had also worked on the set where Brandon Lee was killed?

He worked on the sequel, not the original.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Still strangeness....I wonder who he knew or is associated with from the original movie?

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is a message being sent.

The whole thing reeks of public assassination.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

A search warrant released Friday said that Gutierrez-Reed laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds. 'Cold gun!' shouted Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin, using the phrase to signal to cast and crew that the gun was safe to fire for the scene, the warrant said.

Seconds later, filming a scene inside an Old West-style church, Baldwin apparently aimed towards the camera and pulled the trigger, accidentally killing Hutchins as she filmed him, and injuring director Joel Souza, who stood behind her.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Seconds later, filming a scene inside an Old West-style church, Baldwin apparently aimed towards the camera and pulled the trigger.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So the message is: It doesn't matter how safe you think you are. It doesn't matter where you are. We can get to you even if you are in church.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extremistcontent
This is a message being sent.

The whole thing reeks of public assassination.

No, it reeks of a preventable accident.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Quite the conspiracy theory.

The shot was during a set-up for a POV scene, as has been mentioned already. The gun must be aimed at the camera and fired to shoot that kind of scene. The victims were working the cameras manually to line up the shot while Baldwin practiced his fast draw (an accurate fast draw is NOT as easy as it may sound). All that sounds plausible, if the gun was loaded with blanks. Just another day on the set, apparently, except there shouldn't even have been blanks in a "cold gun."

It is possible that there was an issue with the blanks. I go into this in more detail in the other thread, but a blank can discharge high-velocity shrapnel from the end of the casing if not loaded properly, and they are notoriously hard to load properly. The film production already had a reputation for cutting cost corners (why the Union walked off the set), so it is apparently not too wild a speculation that someone tried to save a few bucks by using blanks loaded by a local.

So that works. Gun was loaded with blanks, AD did not identify it as such, Baldwin did not check it himself, and people trying to line up for the POV shot while he was practicing his fast draw were hit by shrapnel from a bad blank.

But, the ties to Hillary have me wondering now. I can see a potential other scenario:

If the AD and Baldwin were both in on the plan, a live bullet could have been inserted into the gun (which was a real gun, not a "prop gun" as many have tried to claim). Baldwin could have practiced his fast draw until the opportune moment, then completed the fast draw, making it look like an accident. Early accounts indicated that it was possible that a single projectile hit both victims, but that was an early assumption, probably based on the assumption that an actual bullet exited the gun. That's a reasonable assumption for police to make; only movie sets and idiots fire blanks.

One other thing that has me wondering is the gun was not supposed to have been fired in the first place. It was a practice run for a fast-draw, not to fire it. The two actions are practically indistinguishable form a spectator's point of view, but from the person doing the shooting's perspective, not so much. I know; I have practiced the fast draw many times. But there is always the possibility of accidental discharge when handling a weapon like that. I actually think there were probably more foot injuries than actual killings from fast draws in the Old West.

So there is the question of why did the gun go off when it did. That's actually two coincidences at the same time... accidental discharge with blanks, and a faulty blank.

So it boils down to this: were the victims hit with shrapnel from a brass casing, or with an actual bullet? Since there is absolutely no reason for any live ammunition to be anywhere on the set, an actual bullet would indicate that this conspiracy theory is quite plausible, and it would certainly implicate Baldwin. Had he not been in on the plan, there would be little chance he could kill the right person.

If the victims were hit with brass shrapnel, then this theory falls apart completely. It is almost impossible to aim such projectiles with any accuracy, and quite difficult to determine if the casing will even cause projectiles in the first place.

So I want to know: what was the object that came from the gun? Did the police find a bullet?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Did you see where the AD that handed Baldwin the gun had also worked on the set where Brandon Lee was killed?

THAT makes it even more of a coincidence !!!!😃

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Quite the conspiracy theory.

The shot was during a set-up for a POV scene, as has been mentioned already. The gun must be aimed at the camera and fired to shoot that kind of scene. The victims were working the cameras manually to line up the shot while Baldwin practiced his fast draw (an accurate fast draw is NOT as easy as it may sound). All that sounds plausible, if the gun was loaded with blanks. Just another day on the set, apparently, except there shouldn't even have been blanks in a "cold gun."

It is possible that there was an issue with the blanks. I go into this in more detail in the other thread, but a blank can discharge high-velocity shrapnel from the end of the casing if not loaded properly, and they are notoriously hard to load properly. The film production already had a reputation for cutting cost corners (why the Union walked off the set), so it is apparently not too wild a speculation that someone tried to save a few bucks by using blanks loaded by a local.

So that works. Gun was loaded with blanks, AD did not identify it as such, Baldwin did not check it himself, and people trying to line up for the POV shot while he was practicing his fast draw were hit by shrapnel from a bad blank.

But, the ties to Hillary have me wondering now. I can see a potential other scenario:

If the AD and Baldwin were both in on the plan, a live bullet could have been inserted into the gun (which was a real gun, not a "prop gun" as many have tried to claim). Baldwin could have practiced his fast draw until the opportune moment, then completed the fast draw, making it look like an accident. Early accounts indicated that it was possible that a single projectile hit both victims, but that was an early assumption, probably based on the assumption that an actual bullet exited the gun. That's a reasonable assumption for police to make; only movie sets and idiots fire blanks.

One other thing that has me wondering is the gun was not supposed to have been fired in the first place. It was a practice run for a fast-draw, not to fire it. The two actions are practically indistinguishable form a spectator's point of view, but from the person doing the shooting's perspective, not so much. I know; I have practiced the fast draw many times. But there is always the possibility of accidental discharge when handling a weapon like that. I actually think there were probably more foot injuries than actual killings from fast draws in the Old West.

So there is the question of why did the gun go off when it did. That's actually two coincidences at the same time... accidental discharge with blanks, and a faulty blank.

So it boils down to this: were the victims hit with shrapnel from a brass casing, or with an actual bullet? Since there is absolutely no reason for any live ammunition to be anywhere on the set, an actual bullet would indicate that this conspiracy theory is quite plausible, and it would certainly implicate Baldwin. Had he not been in on the plan, there would be little chance he could kill the right person.

If the victims were hit with brass shrapnel, then this theory falls apart completely. It is almost impossible to aim such projectiles with any accuracy, and quite difficult to determine if the casing will even cause projectiles in the first place.

So I want to know: what was the object that came from the gun? Did the police find a bullet?

TheRedneck

Do we know the weapon yet?, being a period piece, I'm thinking it will be a SAA Colt, ..light trigger from what I remember.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

THAT makes it even more of a coincidence !!!!😃

How so?

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What year was the movie set in ? 😈

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join