It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Required" Reading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

• Necronomicon Abdul Alhazred
  • Der Vermis Mysteriis Ludwig Prinn
  • Cultes des Goules Comte d'Erlette
  • Unaussprechlichen Kulten Fredrich von Junzt

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: REDMORGAN

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: REDMORGAN

Great texts to add to our collection. Thank you!

I'll add The John Locke Collection
and Common Sense by Thomas Paine
John Milton's Aeropagitica
All of Plato (but especially the "Apology")
I'd also highly recommend Fredrick Douglass's narrative for more poignant ideas on freedom.
and A Modest Proposal for the satire and core message.

Absolutely!

My children are all pushing 40 now, and I fear anyone younger does not read unless they have to.

It is so important to read. Videos are cool and fun but the real nitty gritty is still in the books.

Besides that I can captivate my grands attention if I read to them. There is power there.

In order to read books it will have to be on Kindle or some other E-book. Either that or we get that EMP from China or Russia that wipes out the tech and we go back to horse and carriage days like the Amish will get them to read a real book these days.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why such a creepy list of material?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

It will toughen you up.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It will toughen you up.

Lord knows it will do that or turn you to the dark side if you were the type looking for the opposite of love thy neighbor cults.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Lord knows it will do that or turn you to the dark side if you were the type looking for the opposite of love thy neighbor cults.

ATS isn't about loving your neighbor, it's about saying mean things about their politics and name calling.

edit on 19-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Not just to push an old thread The 36 Stratagems but that was done before many joined so they may have missed it.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Not if it's my neighbor!

Ha, those guys think they are not human, or we are subhuman. Take your pick they deserve Agape love and forgiveness. But the rules of Earth say they have real consequences for their own evil. IKR? It just isn't happening these days. No real consequences and some important people have thrown in with the golden calf crowd openly.

ATS isn't about loving your neighbor, it's about saying mean things about their politics and name calling.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Ha, those guys think they are not human, or we are subhuman.

Your assumptions show you are part of the problem, keep making it you versus them and you'll get far.

I think reading Don't Sweat the Small Stuff might help.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Ha, those guys think they are not human, or we are subhuman.

Your assumptions show you are part of the problem, keep making it you versus them and you'll get far.

I think reading Don't Sweat the Small Stuff might help.

AM it is us verses them if you must know the truth. Not me. I am "just one man", literally.

It is the three musketeer's or bust concept at this point. We are all for one and one for all. The ones on the other side of that are too. The lines are drawn the war has started.

Pink floyd said it for most of us when they wrote about Sid, we have missed the start.

"No one told you when to run. You missed the starting gun". We are behind in the big scheme of things. It is all of us peons on the brink of becoming sheep for an unjust world order. Some of us are Piezo electric in nature. We react to action being taken against us.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

AM it is us verses them if you must know the truth.

Good for you, that will get you far in life, everyone likes dealing with adversarial people holding intransigent view points.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

It is the three musketeer's or bust concept at this point. We are all for one and one for all. The ones on the other side of that are too. The lines are drawn the war has started.

Who exactly is "the other side" how do we identify them for "the war has started" I think I know who you mean....

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Just one to add, Propaganda by Edward Bernays.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

AM it is us verses them if you must know the truth.

Good for you, that will get you far in life, everyone likes dealing with adversarial people holding intransigent view points.

Only on the debate team not the anti world team, but I know what you were really trying to be was a booty. I am pro your freedoms that you sometimes don't seem to grasp. Not as bad as phage or silly but sometimes AM, I wonder if you are all there? You seem more intelligent than sillyolme that is for sure. Your logic fails are not as epic as Phages or skepticscot, and there is hope for you yet. But you don't get me I can tell.

edit on 20-10-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I am pro your freedoms...

No, you're Team Red and your major challenge is that you don't realize Team Red and Team Blue are the same team.

But keep thinking Republicans have your best interests at heart while lobbing personal insults at people you don't agree with.

edit on 20-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: I'm a Q-Cumber posting from the future

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I am pro your freedoms...

No, your Team Red and your major challenge is that you don't realize Team Red and Team Blue are the same team.

But keep thinking Republicans have your best interests at heart while lobbing personal insults at people you don't agree with.

NO i am not team red.

I am team us.

We humans are in a fight for our right to be and you don't want to acknowledge "someone is out to gut us".

Not get us but gut us. The enemy is inside the walls now as far as evil sick people pushing for more totalitarian actions.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Justoneman

Who exactly is "the other side" how do we identify them for "the war has started" I think I know who you mean....

Who exactly is in our faces now. The "one world order" leadership that destroys nations and their people within so those nations beg to be a part of their grift. The liars who bring you "climate crisis to scare people into compliance" lies are trying to stop Carbon Dioxide that the plants need. All while they are polluting the planet with actual toxic waste and showing us they are "above us". pffft on them.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

NO i am not team red.

You 100% are based on your comments, FFS, you support Trump who was a Democrat before he decided to carpet bag over to the Republicans. If that move alone doesn't demonstrate they are both the same nothing will.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
AM

The R's are the problem too. The whole thing needs reset for sure but not the way they want. We have drifted from fairness in the courts to lopsided rulings IMO that destroy the fabric of society which is the goal of "team blue" and "team red".

I know if you think back, I have always said I voted Ron Paul and have been against both parties. The RINO's go and we have a party that is opposite the D's but that is not going to happen.

My solution is to ban all Party affiliations and find ways to make equal time available for all candidates so the voters are not lied to so bad they can't know the truth if they tried.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I am a Libertarian that leans red team to be fair to your observations and my own feelings. I believe in very little gov the R's are for different totalitarian laws and many pretend they are for our freedom in front of the camera.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join